Do you consider yourself an Extravert, an Introvert, or an Ambivert?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Do you consider yourself an Extravert, an Introvert, or an Ambivert?

Do you consider yourself an Extravert, an Introvert, or an Ambivert? 47
        Extravert (3) 6%
        Introvert (27) 57%
        Ambivert (17) 36%
      Hi guys! Just felt like asking this question. Feel free to leave a comment on your um... -version or a vote is fine as well. If you need clarity feel free to ask as well :D

I'm an Introvert :)
    • TheSoulSmiles wrote:

I feel like most of the time, people who reside among the interwebs are more likely to be introverted than extroverted. x)

Lol I would agree with you too! I've met people that have tricked themselves into thinking they were one or the other depending on who they were with though. I feel the internet tends to be more brutally honest about some things but then that's speculation too.
    • The internet also gives people the opportunity to be dishonest, though.

I find that here, I can make myself seem like an extrovert. I like the people here, I like learning about them one by one. I like helping people out and sharing my opinion. I don't like a crowded thread or when the chat is too full, though.
      The only reason I know I'm an introvert is because I've had 17 years to analyze my life and when forced to choose, that's my most logical conclusion. x)
    • Introverted as hell for multiple reasons. Let's say that other people quite ruined my life and I am trying climb back from all the shit happened and is sometimes still happening. I even had multiple suicidal periods way back, but I didn't do it because I would hurt other people with it. That was the only thing that kept me going, that I didn't want to hurt my loved ones with it. I'm really anti-social and it's really really really hard for me to make friends due to the fact that so called 'friends' basically backstabbed me and threw me to the side for their own gains and such.

I still swallow antidepressants from time to time when I am feeling overly shit, but luckily it's less than it was before.

• Okuu wrote:

Introverted as hell for multiple reasons. Let's say that other people quite ruined my life and I am trying climb back from all the shit happened and is sometimes still happening. I even had multiple suicidal periods way back, but I didn't do it because I would hurt other people with it. That was the only thing that kept me going, that I didn't want to hurt my loved ones with it. I'm really anti-social and it's really really really hard for me to make friends due to the fact that so called 'friends' basically backstabbed me and threw me to the side for their own gains and such.

I still swallow antidepressants from time to time when I am feeling overly shit, but luckily it's less than it was before.

Pretty much the same for me but without the suicidal part. I guess I was always considered strange by others and therefore bullied. That's also the reason why I hated school so much.
      But I'm slowly gaining self confidence again. :)

Jedes Eichhörnchen ist auch ein Flughörnchen, wenn du es weit genug wirfst.
      Trickster
    • Okuu wrote:

Introverted as hell for multiple reasons. Let's say that other people quite ruined my life and I am trying climb back from all the shit happened and is sometimes still happening. I even had multiple suicidal periods way back, but I didn't do it because I would hurt other people with it. That was the only thing that kept me going, that I didn't want to hurt my loved ones with it. I'm really anti-social and it's really really really hard for me to make friends due to the fact that so called 'friends' basically backstabbed me and threw me to the side for their own gains and such.

Sorry to hear that, Okuu, it sounds really tough. I wouldn't consider you anti-social though, I mean you posted and that, I feel, takes a willingness to be but hey that what I think lol
      Hope you feeling it keeps getting better dude :)

Paperstag wrote:

Okuu wrote:

Pretty much the same for me but without the suicidal part. I guess I was always considered strange by others and therefore bullied. That's also the reason why I hated school so much.
      But I'm slowly gaining self confidence again. :)

In my opinion Paperstag, strange is much better than trying to act normal(I've never believed in it). I hate hearing that people are bullied for being different and it sucks that made you hate school so much.
      I hope you continue to build self confidence because it takes guts to admit things like this and I appreciate it :D good luck!

The post was edited 1 time, last by NoizeXP ().

• NoizeXP wrote:

In my opinion Paperstag, strange is much better than trying to act normal(I've never believed in it). I hate hearing that people are bullied for being different and it sucks that made you hate school so much.
      I hope you continue to build self confidence because it takes guts to admit things like this and I appreciate it :D good luck!

Some People can be really cruel to others who they don't understand. The world would be a better place if things like Ignorance and Intolerance wouldn't exist. :(

Jedes Eichhörnchen ist auch ein Flughörnchen, wenn du es weit genug wirfst.
      Trickster
    • Total utter introvert here. It's funny how people (like teachers or parents) get worried about you when you stay alone and think you are sad when in reality being alone is the shit for me. Reasons why I'm an introvert? Well, lack of things to talk about with people since everybody likes to talk about drugs n' other stuff and then drugs again, people being stupid in general, etc. Glad this website is up so I have my bros to talk to from time to time. Sometimes I wonder how the F can't I meet someone like you bros in everyday life, are we THAT few?
    • Paperstag wrote:

Some People can be really cruel to others who they don't understand. The world would be a better place if things like Ignorance and Intolerance wouldn't exist. :(

I agree with you entirely, it would be so much better but some people find it easier to be ignorant and intolerant than to try and understand someone else. I'm not going to pretend like I knew what you went through but at least from my interaction with you, you don't seem strange to me :)

samfisher47_9 wrote:

Total utter introvert here. It's funny how people (like teachers or parents) get worried about you when you stay alone and think you are sad when in reality being alone is the shit for me. Reasons why I'm an introvert? Well, lack of things to talk about with people since everybody likes to talk about drugs n' other stuff and then drugs again, people being stupid in general, etc. Glad this website is up so I have my bros to talk to from time to time. Sometimes I wonder how the F can't I meet someone like you bros in everyday life, are we THAT few?

Dude, I went through the same things. Being alone wasn't me being sad but me enjoying time away from annoying things. Dude, that means you care about things other than drugs and being stupid, I respect that! Everybody here, has been cool so I'm glad too!

Piggeh wrote:

Without a doubt I'm an introvert. It's hard to relate to a lot of people I know in real life, and really hard to want to talk to people, or being able to spark up a conversation.

It sounds like you don't like small talk dude. Think about it this way, conversations you appreciate will tend to be more deep and meaningful :)
    • this is tricky. i would say im an ambivert but not of perfect balance. leaning towards the more introvert side. in very selectively social. i am shy and tend be be socially anxious but sometimes i do get surges of HEY EVERYONE LETS BE FRIENDS.

"so it's impossible? good. if memory serves, we've done the impossible before"
    • Hugo Daniel wrote:

The interwebz is full of retards, lack of sense of humor and you cant disagree with no one's opinion ! I just make fun of them, myself and everything in and out of the interwebz. So, who cares? Laugh the sh*t out of everyone YOLO :)

I see your point dude, but I'd say disagreements are possible. You just have to be ready to back up your case otherwise people on the internet will always be ready to tear apart your arguments. lol it sounds like you have thick skin dude so props to ya :)

xxxxein wrote:

this is tricky. i would say im an ambivert but not of perfect balance. leaning towards the more introvert side. in very selectively social. i am shy and tend be be socially anxious but sometimes i do get surges of HEY EVERYONE LETS BE FRIENDS.

Congratz, on being the first Ambivert to comment!(Unless the people above forgot to of course) Question for you then: On this forum, do you lean towards shy or hey let's be friends? :)

Nerah-chan wrote:

I'm pretty sure I'm an introvert, I never really fond of going into crowds and stuff.

I mean, sure I can have a good conversation with people, but ehh kinda drains me somewhat. As long as I get my "me" time in between.

I'm all good \ o /

Crowds can be so intense, I'm sure lots of us would agree with ya, Nerah-chan :) Same here, "me" time is incredibly important

yudodis wrote:

I consider myself as a Duck

yudodis wrote:

What's the difference between the three?

Quack then yudodis :P
      Extraverts are people who "recharge" energy by spending time with other people,. They can be outgoing, great at small talk, and usually speak their minds or act on impulses. They usually love making friends.
      Introverts are people who "recharge" energy by keeping to themselves or having "me" time. Often thought to be shy, Introverts tends to think before they speak and prefer to stay away from small talk but love deep conversations. Introverts tend to be social will a smaller, yet often closer group of friends.
      Ambiverts may have both qualities from both of the above. Often Ambiverts lean a little more towards one side of the spectrum but they can be a balance between the two "-verts".

SkittleDash28 wrote:

I'm actually an ambivert, but I accidentally clicked on Extravert. ;(

Hey Skittle, no worries about that. I'll make sure to keep it in mind when I see the poll ;) Question for you as well: Do you consider yourself a perfect Ambivert or do you lean towards one "-version"?