About Pewdiepie Getting an Editor

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• About Pewdiepie Getting an Editor

How do you feel about Pewdiepie getting an editor to help him with the videos? 26
        I understand why he's doing that and I think it's a good idea. (18) 69%
        I really don't care :-/ (3) 12%
        I don't agree. (2) 8%
        I understand why he's doing that but I DON'T think it's a good idea. (2) 8%
        I agree. (1) 4%
      For those who aren't familiar with the podcast "Ear Biscuits", hosted by Rhett Mclaughlin and Link Neal, you might not be aware that Pewds was invited to talk about his story and the future of his YT career.
      Ep. 53 PewDiePie - Ear Biscuits by Ear Biscuits - Hear the world’s sounds (@1.06:18)

Near the end of the podcast, Pewds said something about a new secret project he's gonna be working on and, since the process of making videos have been a little to much for him alone, he will get an editor entering 2015.

What do you bros feel about that? ?(
      (Keep in mind that making two videos a day can get bit overwhelming if the all work relies on one person)
    • kun48 wrote:

For those who aren't familiar with the podcast "Ear Biscuits", hosted by Rhett Mclaughlin and Link Neal, you might not be aware that Pewds was invited to talk about his story and the future of his YT career.
      Ep. 53 PewDiePie - Ear Biscuits by Ear Biscuits - Hear the world’s sounds (@1.06:18)

Near the end of the podcast, Pewds said something about a new secret project he's gonna be working on and, since the process of making videos have been a little to much for him alone, he will get an editor entering 2015.

What do you bros feel about that? ?(
      (Keep in mind that making two videos a day can get bit overwhelming if the all work relies on one person)

Tbh i think its a good idea, i remember him saying a long time ago how he doesnt want to get an editor as he likes to do it himself and thats being a youtuber. but lets admit 31 million subs to provide content for cant be easy in the slighest so i understand :)
    • I also think it's a good idea and I'd really like to see everyone's opinion :) I can see why some don't agree, 'cause one part of me thinks that the formula of the videos might change either for better or worse, but the other part of me knows that It will be better for everybody if he got a little help ;)
    • If it would free up his time to do more of what he enjoys then that's a good thing. He's said on occasion how he doesn't much enjoy editing, so if this makes him happier that's a good thing too. As long as the editing isn't crass and forced... like I'm thinking of how it was on those Pewdiepie & Friends Polaris videos, I thought the editing on those was detrimental to the content. So as long as his stuff doesn't start coming across like that - or too polished/corporate, then it's fine. So "I don't really care" at this point = I'm neutral.
    • I don't have a problem with it, really. If I was making videos as much as him, in the end I wouldn't feel as excited up to edit a video either. Nor would I feel... energized enough. I don't even know if I'd have time to even edit a video, so it's a reasonable decision. So if it still feels like Pewdiepie, it's all good, pretty much.
      soon i will devour the life forces of all the cats in the world, all youtube gamers, and john wilkes booth and i will conquer the world
      BOW PEASANTS
    • well, as far as content goes, as long as it still feels like pewds i have no reason to complain! i think like a lot of the bros, i do worry about about his health, if he has enough free time etc etc. just the normal everyday stuff. getting an editor would lessen the load by a lot. and honestly speaking, 31million bros and growing is a TON of expectation(s) to meet.

tl;dr: as long as it still feels like pewds and it allows him to have more time for himself, then getting an editor is perfectly fine by me :)
    • I agree with Pewdiepie getting an editor. I feel like in the past I might have disagreed, because there seems like there is a certain novelty or value to Felix editing his own videos. For some reason that makes the videos seem more special. However, hearing Felix talk in the podcast about how there is so much pressure to make videos consistently, etc etc, I feel I understand and have some sympathy for his situation. Editing videos literally takes up his entire day, nearly every day. He has a life outside of just making videos, and I feel like some parts of the community really need to realize that and respect that. If we want Felix to keep his sanity and to keep doing what he loves, we shouldn't "pressure: him to spend the entirety of his day making videos just for the sake of consistency and satisfying his audience. Overall, I feel like as a community we should be supportive of Felix and his decision to get an editor out of respect for him; after all, his life shouldn't be devoted to editing videos all day, every day just to keep us happy.

• I haven't watched the video yet, so I'm going to go by the post itself with this opinion--

I 100% believe that is Felix himself is starting to think he might need an editor to help him out, then he probably really should have an editor. It just means things are getting a little bit difficult to handle alone. And I'm sure he'd like to continue giving us bros what we want to see, and what we expect from him, which is no doubt difficult to do now that he has over 31 million subscribers. Not everyone is demanding, but there are a lot of people who are.

So I think if he feels the need to find one, then it's a good idea. I don't want YouTube to become something that causes him too much stress. Especially because, in a way, we'll be the ones causing him that stress. And I know I don't want that.

Thumbs up to getting an editor!
      manda + 22 + delaware
      [ j y u u b i . o r g ] [ t w i t t e r ] [ i n s a g r a m ]
    • I strongly disagree. I get it, I can understand the way he feels but I still dislike the idea. In the Ear Biscuits interview he talked about losing a lot of time editing, and how stressful it could be and that is completely understandable. But I think that getting a new editor is not the solution. PewDiePie uploads two videos a day, which is a lot in my opinion, even for a gaming channel. He could easily pull out one video every two days and I wouldn't care. If he want to UNstress himself then its fine, I can understand. But don't stop editing your videos, because it won't be the same.

That's just how I see it and it is just an opinion from a different perspective. I don't know, I am really trying hard to not sound rude, so please don't hate :)

tl;dr: There are other solutions to Mr.PewDiePie problems, and Mr.PewDiePie should consider other options than just getting an editor
      "SUP'? BITCHES!"
      -Edgar Allan Pug, 2013

#TEAMEDGAR
      PS, "Bitches" meaning female dog not the bad word...
    • PapiTrash wrote:

PewDiePie uploads two videos a day, which is a lot in my opinion, even for a gaming channel. He could easily pull out one video every two days and I wouldn't care.

I appreciate you giving your opinion and I've also though that maybe, if pewds didn't upload every day, we could survive with it and he would be less stressed, but the views are practically his only income and we all know how the die hard bros would react to that, so maybe reducing the production isn't a good idea (imo)
    • kun48 wrote:

PapiTrash wrote:

PewDiePie uploads two videos a day, which is a lot in my opinion, even for a gaming channel. He could easily pull out one video every two days and I wouldn't care.

I appreciate you giving your opinion and I've also though that maybe, if pewds didn't upload every day, we could survive with it and he would be less stressed, but the views are practically his only income and we all know how the die hard bros would react to that, so maybe reducing the production isn't a good idea (imo)

Sure, I get that point too.

The thing is that I still do not understand how he plans on getting the spotlight out of his channel. He basically said I do not like being spotlightED and he encouraged anyone who is willing to be the top channel on youtube.
      So what does he really want? Because he starts talking about how he hates the spotlight, but at the same time he then tells that he has a big project coming soon... Which will probably position him on the spotlight even more.
      "SUP'? BITCHES!"
      -Edgar Allan Pug, 2013

#TEAMEDGAR
      PS, "Bitches" meaning female dog not the bad word...
    • PapiTrash wrote:

So what does he really want? Because he starts talking about how he hates the spotlight, but at the same time he then tells that he has a big project coming soon...

Well... I think he meant two different things
      Maybe he doesn't like to be in the spotlight because of all the pressure and the toxic people gathering around his channel, but even with all that, he still loves doing videos and making projects for the community and for him

Basically being popular for doing something you love it's like a double-edged sword :\
    • kun48 wrote:

PapiTrash wrote:

So what does he really want? Because he starts talking about how he hates the spotlight, but at the same time he then tells that he has a big project coming soon...

Well... I think he meant two different things
      Maybe he doesn't like to be in the spotlight because of all the pressure and the toxic people gathering around his channel, but even with all that, he still loves doing videos and making projects for the community and for him

Basically being popular for doing something you love it's like a double-edged sword :\

I agree kun48, I think what he doesn't enjoy about the popularity is that people try to ride off his fame (ex. self promoters) and the pressure of being the "biggest thing on youtube." But back to the topic of Pewdiepie getting an editor, I think it would be an over all good thing for him and the channel. If he doesn't enjoy editing much, and it's stressful for him to do it by himself, there is no shame in getting some help.

Of course there is a part of me that is scared that some of Pewds will be left out of the videos if the editing process is put in someone else's hands but I would hate for Pewds to stop loving what he does over something as simple as getting some help.
    • I think it is a good idea and I understand why he wants to do so. The editing concept may simply be a cosmetic aspect, like cutting parts of videos together with perfect timing from a cinematic perspective. IMHO, that is really all that would need to be done. Pewds is growing as his fanbase is growing. Let's continue to support him as he manages such a gargantuan behemoth ;)
    • i wouldn't mind if he got an editor or not but personally i like his videos more when they are less edited and more relaxed. when its just him playing the game and making jokes its all good but the constant sudden jump cuts and animations can get kind of old. i know that a lot of people enjoy them so i suppose thats why he keeps doing them.