How To Get Ebola?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• mona mae wrote:

Peter Man wrote:

Seriously man, thousands of people are dying of Ebola at the moment and the West was slow to help. Why joke about that? Doesn't seem like you. Would you joke about starving to death if there was a famine?

Peter Man, are you really a bro? A bro would know that Poods has the softest heart. He cries when video game characters die, and raises money for charities. I know he cares for the ebola victims. But this Friday with Pewdiepie was a funny video, no seriousness allowed.
      :brofist:

I'm sorry, but what?

Since when does being tender-hearted and crying at VIDEO GAMES (not real life btw) give someone the privilege of making fun of ebola? That's right, because there is none. No fucking excuse.

People have actually died from this. Real life. And that's what separates us from video games. No matter what religion you believe in or if you don't believe in anything, we can all agree that life is precious. There's no retries or resets. There's no extra lives for that one level you messed up on. No save menus to record your progress.

And many more are still dying from this. Horrifically, by the way. You're basically hemorrhaging to death. I don't care how many charities Pewd's taken a part of, and how much good he does for his fans (and we all know he does). That doesn't give him the right to make light of that situation. Yes, it wasn't a serious video, but fuck dude, EBOLA isn't just some silly virus conjured out of a book, a tv show, or some video game. It's not something that only kills a certain group or country; look at the Americans in Texas and Washington D.C. who got it too. It can kill you, me, and even PewDiePie, if we ever got into contact with it. And there's no cure. So have some decent respect for the people who are afflicted with this virus and the people who are going to or already have lost their lives to this.

I'm so sick of these ebola jokes. And this is for everyone. Not just from Pewds... but when he did that, I was kinda surprised, and saddened by the fact that he fell on this bandwagon that's been going on. I know he makes mistakes though, so I'm not so upset with him. However, I am highly disappointed in the majority of us bros, who thinks that this stuff is okay just because he has a large fanbase. He should know better. You guys who thought that was funny should know better.

And who made you the authority on whether or not someone is 'bro' enough because they don't like a joke?

To each their own though. But be mindful that not everyone feels the same way as you did when you watched the video. That doesn't make them any more or less of a bro than you or anyone else in this fanbase is.

The post was edited 5 times, last by Bellonna ().

• Stay Awesome And Make More Friday's With PewDiePie!
      ...................__
      ............/´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
      ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
      ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
      .........\.................'...../
      ..........''...\.......... _.·´
      ............\..............(
      BROFIST! FOR YOU!
    • Bellonna wrote:

mona mae wrote:

Peter Man wrote:

Seriously man, thousands of people are dying of Ebola at the moment and the West was slow to help. Why joke about that? Doesn't seem like you. Would you joke about starving to death if there was a famine?

Peter Man, are you really a bro? A bro would know that Poods has the softest heart. He cries when video game characters die, and raises money for charities. I know he cares for the ebola victims. But this Friday with Pewdiepie was a funny video, no seriousness allowed.

I'm sorry, but what?

Since when does being tender-hearted and crying at VIDEO GAMES (not real life btw) give someone the privilege of making fun of ebola? That's right, because there is none. No fucking excuse.

People have actually died from this. Real life. And that's what separates us from video games. No matter what religion you believe in or if you don't believe in anything, we can all agree that life is precious. There's no retries or resets. There's no extra lives for that one level you messed up on. No save menus to record your progress.

And many more are still dying from this. Horrifically, by the way. You're basically hemorrhaging to death. I don't care how many charities Pewd's taken a part of, and how much good he does for his fans (and we all know he does). That doesn't give him the right to make light of that situation. Yes, it wasn't a serious video, but fuck dude, EBOLA isn't just some silly virus conjured out of a book, a tv show, or some video game. It's not something that only kills a certain group or country; look at the Americans in Texas and Washington D.C. who got it too. It can kill you, me, and even PewDiePie, if we ever got into contact with it. And there's no cure. So have some decent respect for the people who are afflicted with this virus and the people who are going to or already have lost their lives to this.

I'm so sick of these ebola jokes. And this is for everyone. Not just from Pewds... but when he did that, I was kinda surprised, and saddened by the fact that he fell on this bandwagon that's been going on. I know he makes mistakes though, so I'm not so upset with him. However, I am highly disappointed in the majority of us bros, who thinks that this stuff is okay just because he has a large fanbase. He should know better. You guys who thought that was funny should know better.

And who made you the authority on whether or not someone is 'bro' enough because they don't like a joke?

To each their own though. But be mindful that not everyone feels the same way as you did when you watched the video. That doesn't make them any more or less of a bro than you or anyone else in this fanbase is.

Thing is, he wasn't making fun of Ebola victims, or making fun of death or suffering, he barely made fun of Ebola itself - said nothing and "licked" Edgars butt. That was it. You could argue he "shouldn't" have included the question, but that's it. As far as making fun goes it was the tamest Ebola joke I've heard.

People tend to poke fun at things that are scary, that we have no real control over. It stems from a natural reaction to soften panic and fear because those two emotions are not always constructive or serving a purpose and so to make scary things a joke helps keep the mental state healthy.

I've been hearing of the Ebola epidemic for at least a year but no one cared, then it was made a big deal in America and Europe and suddenly it's a sacred cow. Unless you're telling the most vanilla knock knock christmas cracker jokes there's something that's affecting someone going on all the time, and as I see it as long as the victims are not made the butt of such jokes there's no one to offend - ie; you can't offend the virus.
    • NickLP wrote:

Well it's on a saturday here in phil 8) :D

Actually, it was uploaded on a Friday here in the Phil like about an hour or two before midnight. It would definitely have been Saturday already in Australia and those countries around it but for the majority, Pewds was able to upload it in time for the portions of the world that were still in Friday. :brofist: So proud of you Pewds!