Games to avoid

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Games to avoid

I'm not talking about "so bad they're funny" games, I mean flat out crappy/broken titles that should generally be avoided. Basically, lets make this a thread bro's can use when deciding whether or not to buy/download a game.

I'm gonna kick this off with "Zombies Monsters Robots" (Steam free-to-play with microtransactions)

Gameplay mechanics aside, this game is probably the absolute best example of "Pay to win" I can point to. To regularly use anything other than the base loadout, you'll have to be spitting out a fortune to keep this game going.

Right off the download queue, setup takes an obnoxious amount of time. I don't mean tweaking settings and classes, I'm talking about the mandatory registration with their company so they can flood your inbox. It could be the most obnoxious registration/sign-in process I have ever encountered, weighing in at roughly 10 minutes to get signed up.

If you watched the trailer for ZMR, chances are you're expecting the game to have an emphasis on silliness.
      WRONG.
      Few of the elements showcased in the trailer are actual mechanics within the game. If you don't plan on giving an arm and/or leg, don't hold your breath on getting any fun skins.

This is where the review gets a little subjective. Seconds into the tutorial, this game should feel very similar to anyone familiar with the "Gears of War" franchise. The reload bar/jam/bonus system, sprinting, cover, aiming, weapons, reviving, executions, and more are all pulled from Gears of War. I'm all for taking inspiration from external sources and incorporating them into your product (What, you didn't think those similarities between Halo and the Alien/Predator franchises were coincidental, did you?) But this is to the point where I am tempted to call this game a Gears Of War clone. But hey, that's for the legal team at Epic Games to decide.

Even if this is a GoW clone, so what, it's free! It can't hurt to play since it's free, right?!

Not exactly. If you're desperate for a GoW free pc clone, be my guest. But if you lov GoW THAT MUCH to the point, I'm pretty sure you're gonna hate ZMR.
      If you're not that in love with GoW, chances are you flat out won't enjoy this game. So either way, it's a loss.

Gameplay is simplistic, buggy, and did I mention buggy?
      The running mechanic is a nightmare. Not so much as the "run-walk-stop" transitions as much as active camera mode. While running, if you turn left/right, the camera will turn with you. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is a nightmare. Especially considering how you'll be trying to change the camera with your mouse and end up glitching the entire view!
      At numerous points, "cover" does very little. The small barricades you crouch behind worked fine for me, but the large cargo crates would allow bullets to glitch through.
      Also incredibly annoying is out of bounds rooms. From a distance, the player can see large empty rooms one would assume to find loot in. Nope. INCHES away, the opening is covered by a wall that says you can't pass.
      Above everything else, the jumping mechanic bugs me the most. The tutorial features a guide on jumping over items you use as cover, but not ONCE did this actually work online.
      Gameplay is linear. You and a few others move in a straight line through a level and enemies come straight at you. And you can usually beat the level by simply spamming the fire forward.

All in all I give it 3/10 SonniPoints, do not recommend downloading.
      Gaming Humor Network (Youtube)____________HERE COMES THE AIRPLANE