Torch Browser's Worth to You

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Torch Browser's Worth to You

Hi, guys :)

So recently a friend told me to try Torch Browser. He REALLY went on a spiel on how it was "the best effin' browser ever," so I decided I'd give it a try. When I installed it I saw there was a Media Grabber(a built-in downloader, if you will), a built-in Torrent Client and a lot of things Google Chrome doesn't have, all for 80mb. It downloads really fast--when I downloaded a 256mb file it took less than two minutes(my usual time with Chrome), so I did a little bit of research and apparently it has a booster that divides the file into pieces then downloads each piece simultaneously, so it takes less than usual.

Then here is my...question.

When I use the Torrent Client my download speed with torrents plummeted down to 50kBits and below. So is it really worth handing my 300-500kBit torrent DL speed for a multitask-type client?

So PROS in my case: makes use of my internet speed properly(now I'm really fast when it comes to page loading), really fast browser download speed, a built-in Internet Download Manager and a really improved Chrome

So why would I hand in my uTorrent?...Why not have both programs? You see ._. my hard drive is low sp--CRAP. :P
    • I remember Torch as not being a virus, but a bloated, laggy browser (after a while of use).
      DownThemAll does the splitting aswell. Torrents are usually always downloaded splitted (because of the principle of seeds / peers, you get specific parts from specific seeds etc.)

Splitting a download could make downloading from Oneclickhosters impossible.

I recommend and use Waterfox - The fastest 64-Bit browser on the web with AdBlock Edge (with several exceptions, just don't like too much of ads), Disconnect.me, DownThemAll and Calomel SSL Validation. Works like a charm.