Games with myth, fables, history, or literature?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Games with myth, fables, history, or literature?

Hey Brochachos,

Do you know any games that involve themes like myth, fables, fairytales, etc?

For example, The Wolf Among Us, which Pewds did an awesome playthrough of, is a good example of a game with lot of these elements in it. Assassin's Creed might also be a good example of this. I did enjoy God of War, but it was a bit too heavy on action not as much on substantive story.

Also, as a second question, what kind of fairytales/myth do you want to see in games? Personally, it'd be cool if you play as Zeus or Aries in a top down game, throwing thunderbolts or something. :thumbsup:
      I created a game for the PewDiePie game jam on Game Jolt! You can play (and vote!) for it here: Tasty, Tasty Sheepies - An Indie Game | Game Jolt
    • I'm not quite sure about what you want but ..... have you tried The Sandman, it's the sequel of The Crooked Man.... it may be rpg maker style and sh*t but... it has a nice story and it involves a lot of .....i don't know how to call those in English but it has those kid stories involved like....sandman, crooked man, lullaby, boogeyman....

well... I enjoyed that game a lot... as much as I did for The Crooked Man, and if you played the crooked man you know how awesome it can be....

:brofist:

"You know, it was my dad's dying wish that I go out and travel the world... Plus, this time, it feels like- like the wind is calling me."
    • You might have already played it or I don't know if you'd enjoy the game - it's kind of action RPG so there's some grinding involved - but Valkyrie Profile comes to mind. I like the second one (silmeria) the most. And eventually you get to play as Freya, who pretty much annihilates everything :D The story is interesting and the graphics were gorgeous for PS2 at the time.
    • Grepehu, I haven't tried out The Sandman. But The Crooked Man is great, so I'll definitely try it out!

Thanks, jellystripes! Valkyrie Profile looks really cool and definitely fits a sweet theme. I'm used to RPGs where you have to grind, so that won't be too tough for me. When I was much younger I'd spend so much time grinding well beyond the expected level in parts of the game. :P
      I created a game for the PewDiePie game jam on Game Jolt! You can play (and vote!) for it here: Tasty, Tasty Sheepies - An Indie Game | Game Jolt