Looking for MMORPGs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Looking for MMORPGs

Well it's been a long time since I started looking for a good MMORPG, I was playing WoW until three months ago but i don't wanna buy the new expansion (too expensive for now and I don't like the idea of a horde expansion).....
      I really do like games in the WoW way, with a lot of endgame content (actually WoW is almost all based on endgame content) cause it makes you feel that there is always something to do even not being a noob. Also WoW has like.... one of the best PvP that I've played (love this instanced stuff like arenas, battlegrounds and other stuff).
      For now i'm playing Neverwinter, but it does seem like it's not gonna have what I want in the end....so..... I'd like to ask for you bros suggestions of good MMORPGs with these characteristics, it can be p2p, b2p, f2p ... whatever.
      I'm pretty sure I've played like 90% of all of those MMORPGs in the market (not counting the amateurs ones) but having played them don't tell what does the game have at all.....
      So yeah... I'd be grateful for some suggestions.

Brofist from Brazil ^^

"You know, it was my dad's dying wish that I go out and travel the world... Plus, this time, it feels like- like the wind is calling me."
    • You wan endgame content ?

Lineage 2.

Never end stuff, always enchantment to do to be better.

After 9 years of playing I gave up. Being one of the best stuffed players outtahere... wasn't full stuff. But enought to rekt peoples

You wan raid boss jewels ? yea go 1k5 vs 1k5 players

You wan this god damn castle with your clan ? Yea go 10k on dah castle.

Also it's not WASD mmorpg, because dat suck.
      Standing alone doesn't mean I'm alone, It means i'm strong enought to handle things all by myself.
    • i still look for the moment ESO will understand that they would work better as f2p..... besides all the hate they received I do believe it's a wonderful game... just not worth the price.

"You know, it was my dad's dying wish that I go out and travel the world... Plus, this time, it feels like- like the wind is calling me."
    • Grepehu wrote:

i still look for the moment ESO will understand that they would work better as f2p..... besides all the hate they received I do believe it's a wonderful game... just not worth the price.

I've purchased the collectors Edition, paid 3 month in advance, but played roughly 3 weeks until finishing the game. After that, 3 friends of mine who also bought the CE, aswell as me lost all interest to the game. I'd call it pretty boring and not worth playing even as f2p.

I heard ArcheAge would be wonderful, but full of spammers, bots and quite unfair paid advantages.

I'm also looking for a WoW like game, but i also hate the direction, WoW headed lately. In early days WoW was challenging, today its like im playing a toddler game. Thats why i stopped playing it after half way through Pandaria content.

I'd rather pay a monthly fee, instead of having millionaires kicking my ass with a shiny premium weapon.
      Some f2ps do it right and offer only stuff like cosmetics and higher xp-rates.

Good luck in finding a decent one!
    • I played ESO in a friend's account and I found the pvp really well made ... something that really attracted my attention but just as i said... not worth paying for it.... and I played ArchAge and i really really didnt like it.... it doesn't have anything like.... it's questing and an open world pvp that it's not quite enjoyable ... at least not for me, but ArchAge is still a new game, i'm pretty sure it's gonna be a wonderful game one day...... and yeah..... WoW used to be better :/
      if you find a good MMORPG for you, please share i'd be grateful XD.... and good luck for you too :brofist:

• I still swear on Guild Wars 2. Constant content updates, no monthly fee and always enough players around thanks to the megaserver system. Apart from that it's more interesting due to it being designed for exploring, instead of quests you have events. And then there's World vs World of course, massive PvP battles to capture camps and strongholds and so on.
      There was a GW2 thread somewhere on the forums, you can check in there too.
    • mKeRix wrote:

I still swear on Guild Wars 2. Constant content updates, no monthly fee and always enough players around thanks to the megaserver system. Apart from that it's more interesting due to it being designed for exploring, instead of quests you have events. And then there's World vs World of course, massive PvP battles to capture camps and strongholds and so on.
      There was a GW2 thread somewhere on the forums, you can check in there too.

Eyup, hence I think it's amazing. Will update the thread later once I get home and such.

EDIT : btw, here is the thread. Guild Wars 2

• I've heard a lot about GW2 but all the videos, first looks and stuff.... i'm still not sure if it's worth those 50 bucks.... but i'll definitely try it out once i get some money left....
      And about silkroad... i'm not sure i played it really long ago.... i don't really remember how it is but... you know when you did something back then that you didn't like but nowadays it may actually be good but the feeling of having bad times with it are still there? so yeah.... that's the feeling i get about silkroad.... but i'll reconsider it ty you all ^^

• Grepehu wrote:

I've heard a lot about GW2 but all the videos, first looks and stuff.... i'm still not sure if it's worth those 50 bucks.... but i'll definitely try it out once i get some money left....
      And about silkroad... i'm not sure i played it really long ago.... i don't really remember how it is but... you know when you did something back then that you didn't like but nowadays it may actually be good but the feeling of having bad times with it are still there? so yeah.... that's the feeling i get about silkroad.... but i'll reconsider it ty you all ^^

It's surely worth it when it goes 50% off again. I have done the same and it was like the best gamble ever.

• woooow i remeber my good times on DF... but i was looking for something new.... and actually i've already found it, i'm playing Mortal Online.... a lot of people hate too much on this game because of the many bugs it has.... but it's pretty awesome anyway, it really makes the word SANDBOX have a meaning..... btw if anyone is interesting in playing it just pm or add me on game (nick: Niderdam)
      :P :brofist:

• Tera.

Best Action MMORPG this moment, amazing endgame content, you wont get bored ever, well maybe a bit in the early phase if your the Lancer (Tank) or the Priest because you have no damage and you need to rely on Squads at some point.
      But still it's an amazing game with high quality graphics and a LOT of content, Tera has a massive player base so you'll find people to play with.
    • lol i got bored of tera.... but it's surely a great game..... it wasnt just my style.... but thank you for the tip XD ... try mortal online out too if you dont mind a lot of bugs lol :brofist:

• Hugo Daniel wrote:

Tera.

Best Action MMORPG this moment, amazing endgame content, you wont get bored ever, well maybe a bit in the early phase if your the Lancer (Tank) or the Priest because you have no damage and you need to rely on Squads at some point.
      But still it's an amazing game with high quality graphics and a LOT of content, Tera has a massive player base so you'll find people to play with.

Tera? Did you mean Dungeon Fighter Online Global?