Starbound

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• I believe poodie should get down on some starbound! It's currently an early access game that is indeed available on steam. Going into it I hear it's like Terarria, which I havn't played, on steroids. It's a 2D side scroller that you must mine and build and repeat to progress further into the galaxy (harder planet tiers), make more/better equipment which also becomes available the higher tier you achieve, you can have co-op play with a host, as well as constructing whatever you damn well please.

So pewdie, I implore you to go...
      to space.
      In starbound.
      :brofist:
    • Starbound is fun, but it must be played in multiplayer.
      You can achieve a lot without having to place a single block, it's very adventure oriented and has a very sophisticated content generation algorithms - there are NPC towns, dungeons and a whole lot of random stuff like space pirates and pokemon capturing (alien pods).

The downside, it requires some initial grinding for coal before you can go adventuring, and if you want to advance to more difficult places you have to grind materials to build boss summoning items - and grinding is just plain boring to watch. At least that's how it was the last time I played it, Chucklefish announced they were going to change the progression rules, so maybe they did...