Virtual Relationships..?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Relationships over the internet can work out, but you have to take things much slower because you never really know who is really on the other side of your screen. I myself am in a relationship over the internet and I know this person really well and since we have been together over three years (Apart for a few months when the website we used shut down before we could talk about what website we should move to) and never once has this person asked where I lived or even what state I live in all this person asked about that was anything close to that was if I lived in the USA. (And at least for the time being we do not have any plans to meet up I would think it would go a little something like this before we even make any plans to meet up. We are using Skype to talk for the time being so I think before meeting up we would take some steps up from the Chat box like thing to video chats then maybe phone calls/texts to build up more trust. ♥♥)
      ♥♥♥♥♥
    • eddielikespie wrote:

I think it can be quite cool and personally i am more than happy to get into one but it would reach a stage where you would just have to meet up.

Yes, indeed it would end up in meeting up with the person.
      I personally, and my boyfriend would want to meet each other in person.
      But sadly, I live in the other side of the world and so does he at the other side.
      We'd have to wait for how many years for my papers to be fixed and etc.
      and We'd probably would have jobs by that time. Soooo... yeah.
      And I know my boyfriend well enough, we communicate via Skype. :)
      "For I am invisible in the crowd of strangers, will you ever see me in this unending sea of faceless people? Or will you too, ignore me and let me drown in this sorrow, and be forever tortured by solitude.."

• I think online relationships are okay :) I think if you were to talk all the time,Skype with each other,are real with each other the first time you guys ask each other something,and you witness each other through your best and worst I think it's a relationship well worth it.I just can't stand people who do this,cause I've been Catfished twice and have met some rather inappropriate,toxic people while "online dating",but that was because I just assumed everyone I meet online is who they really say they are,I didn't take into account they could have been lying to me.If you're doing your research on that one person,not revealing contact info/personal information,you know where to meet good people online,and you don't go on suspicious websites then you're good and you obviously have things under control. :)
    • My girlfriend and I are having a long distance relationship for a month now. It can be hard sometimes, especially since the internet connection between us can be really bad sometimes, but I love her more than I did anyone before. As long as you plan in visiting each other and love each other enough to endure the pain of the distance, I say a virtual/long distance relation can work out.
      Visit my YouTube channel TerrionGaming !!
    • Hugo Daniel wrote:

Everyone is as equal when it comes to this, the touch of the person is necessary.
      The relationship might last a month, a yea, 10 years, eventually it will end.

I guess that's your opinion on the matter, let's keep it at that. Otherwise this will be an endless debate that will boil down on what the essence is of a relationship, and that's different for every person.
      Visit my YouTube channel TerrionGaming !!
    • Online dating can be tricky. Honesty is the obvious factor here. That and the fact that many that are online can be psychologically challenged or socially detached.

But what I know is that it has a certain thrill to it and is always fun. Given the fact that both are really serious and willing to relocate or whatever, hey, who knows.
    • ClockWorkMaidenGear wrote:

I agree with you on the honesty part of it all,but not so much the psychologically challenged or socially detached,I just think people get something out of dating online that they can't get out of real life dating.It just depends on the person you socially engage with. :)

It's mostly the other way around, whether I agree or not with online dating, you can't compare a virtual relationship with a real life one, it doesn't offer the same thing, it's very limited.

Is this regarding people that could possible meet online or a physical relationship that for whatever reason, one of them had to move to another place/city?
    • Well,no but I suppose one could leave an area or residence if one were dedicated and in love with an individual.But I'm just saying,people get something out of online dating that they can't out in real life dating,because maybe people where they live suck,all they ever seem to get themselves into are abusive relationships,etc. I'm not saying it's a particular perk or emotion,I'm just saying that some people find it easier to date online than to date in real life because they feel that every time they do date irl,they just have a tough time with it.But in the end,we all have our own opinions and are able to respectfully agree to disagree! :)