Stowaway: Horror Indie Game - Perfect Halloween Game ( DOWNLOAD NOW )

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Stowaway: Horror Indie Game - Perfect Halloween Game ( DOWNLOAD NOW )

KICKSTARTER AND ALPHA NOW LIVE!!

You can download the Alpha from the above link and check out the Kickstarter too. We could do with any and all support you can offer, whether that be by funding us directly or sharing it absolutely everywhere, this games future rests in the hands of you!

Upon completing the Demo it will launch a feedback form, so if you could be kind enough to fill that out, It would REALLY HELP us understand our audience and target platforms alot more accurately.

Thank you all for your help and support!!

----------------

Hey Guys,

My friend and I are currently working on our first Indie title called Stowaway, Its set on a huge nuclear Ice breaker a drift in the Arctic Ocean. If you would be interested in learning more I will be posting more about the development and progress as the weeks go on.

Game Description

You will explore the large metal bowls of this damaged vessel, using all the resources you can to survive. With limited power and the fuses blown the ships lights and CCTV systems are mostly non-operational, so you will have to rely on your lighter and flashlight for the most part. However some of the Cameras and lights are running on backup power so your PoD (Portable Observation Device) will come in useful, It will allow you to get glimpses at some of the other areas on the ship, maybe even some useful items, but will help you navigate if you ever get lost. Be sure to use to keep an eye out for some of the tormented souls wandering this dead vessel, who knows what happened to these people.. Who knows what will happen to you...

--------------

About Us

Stowaway is an Indie Horror game built with Unreal Engine 4 currently about to reach its alpha stages just before the halloween season.
      We are currently looking for people with a variety of rigs ( More power the better ) to sign up for a chance to play in the Alpha.

We plan to launch the kickstarter in the upcoming weeks as well, so we could do with any support you guys can offer.
      If your not interested in horror that's fine, but your friends might be.

I've put a few screenshots down below that link back to the full gallery, as well as our old teaser trailer video.
      Please bare in mind this is PRE-ALPHA footage and in no way represents our final product,

just a slice of potential to show you what we can do in a short amoutn of time with a 2 man team.

Any questions FEEL FREE to ask and I will try and get back to you,

If you leave comments on the website you will likely get a faster response as its easier to manage all queries from there.

--------
      The Sign-Up link is here: **PLAY NOW** - Stowaway
      Twitter: http://twitter.com/Solar_Gate
      Facebook: facebook.com/StowawayGame

We could really do with the support and feedback from fans of this genre and hopefully give you a chance to play.

Thanks

Screenshots

---

Check us out

The post was edited 9 times, last by MonkiVirus ().

• Herthes wrote:

If I find some moneys I would support it, but atm i'm poor so.. nop sorry :s

Thanks for taking the time to reply and explain your reasons,
      Thats totally fine, Im glad to hear you would support, im sorry to hear your low on funds.
      Thank you for your support :)

Okuu wrote:

Regarding the kickstarter vote, I have voted for 'none'. The main reason why I have done so is due to the fact I don't have anything to spare, but I think this game would be fine @ $20 or 20 pounds retail.

Thanks Okuu for commenting as well,
      And again sorry to hear you haven't the money to spare right now,
      I myself have never support a Kickstarter for the same reason, I find it difficult to both design and play games as often as I used to.

If you cant support us thats fine, but please share and post info about the game anywhere you think people will find it interesting :)

Thanks guys
      Check us out
    • MonkiVirus wrote:

Violet wrote:

The screenshots and trailer look promising.
      I'll definitely check out the links and sign up.

Thanks,

If you could leave a vote on the poll and let us know why you chose your answer, that would be even better
      It would really help us figure out our market and whether this project has a future.

It surely has a future, but you really have to market it right and have some PR people on it.

• I might overread it, but when are you shipping out the alpha version of the game to the people who have signed up for it? Would love to know as I am very eager to check all the hard work out. I love to follow games from the start/early state of development and see them turn into a fully fledged game. :)

• Vicsyyy wrote:

I'll give you a little advice. No one will pay more than £10 for a game they've never heard of, from people they've never heard of. It's a simple fact.
      I buy a lot of indie games and I always have to do a decent amount of research before I invest in it.

I really agree with Vics, people don't really know what to expect whether it's good or bad and don't want to risk a big amount of cash for it. Usually once the game and the team gets more popular, people would start to buy stuff more quickly.

• Okuu wrote:

I might overread it, but when are you shipping out the alpha version of the game to the people who have signed up for it? Would love to know as I am very eager to check all the hard work out. I love to follow games from the start/early state of development and see them turn into a fully fledged game. :)

Should be out in the next couple of weeks ( Before Halloween at the latest ),
      We are just finalizing some smaller things and optimizing what we have so we can get it on more PC's

Vicsyyy wrote:

I'll give you a little advice. No one will pay more than £10 for a game they've never heard of, from people they've never heard of. It's a simple fact.
      I buy a lot of indie games and I always have to do a decent amount of research before I invest in it.

Your advice makes a logical assumption, but based on our research of other Kickstarters, games with interesting mechanics but less than pleasing visuals often charge more if not the same and get a very positive response.

However I will bear your point in mind, but a great example of this would be "Among the Sleep" or "Grave" 2 games with interesting features but may of lacked in the art department a bit. Not that i'm saying graphics is everything, far from it but when creating a horror experience it can play a much larger role in immersion.

Okuu wrote:

I really agree with Vics, people don't really know what to expect whether it's good or bad and don't want to risk a big amount of cash for it. Usually once the game and the team gets more popular, people would start to buy stuff more quickly.

I can understand that, Its hard for people to trust in the project or the people behind it, the means for this poll is for us to decide what it is people are interested in and what they value the project at.
      This gives us a chance to scope the size of it accordingly, e.g; £10 game will only last 4-5 hours MAX, especially if we see the minimum amount of backers, however if we find more backers we can extend the game with more complex and interesting mechanics, diverse areas etc.

A game at £15 means we get so much more time to work on the game which in turn relates to a better experience. We hear complaints often about short indie games but that is tied DIRECTLY to the sheer inexpensive cost of Indie games, its a one or the other scenario, unless we meet in the middle.

TLDR; If you want a cheaper game, don't expect a longer more diverse game, implementing a simple mechanic takes months so if you want more, we need more time in turn we need more money.

Thanks for your feedback though guys,

It really is great to hear from people INTERESTED in the project how they value it and what they want from it!

:)

Thanks
      Check us out
    • I totally agree, its hard to sell DLC without it appearing like content that we have held back,
      So im personally not a big fan of DLC I'd much rather provide free updates, or longer episodes, rather than attempt to tack on to the already finished story.

Thanks for all your advice though guys,

*P.S. Im having LOTS of trouble posting, continually getting the error Session Expire Log in Again, its very strange, so sorry if my replies are shorter or more to the point or non existant entirely
      Check us out
    • dog sniffer wrote:

HAven't heard of this game before, will have to check it out.

Al the info is above so feel free :D

FalsePeel wrote:

It's not my job to pay for someone elses game that I will only play three times.

I don't understand this,can you elaborate?

Your not paying for someone else's game your paying for your copy of the game, A copy you will get cheaper on the Kickstarter than you will on release, Unless you mean you just don't want to play the game which is totally fine.
      Check us out

• Hey guys,
      Thank you all for your patience and interest in the Project,

I am happy to to announce the Kickstarter and Alpha are finally LIVE!

This is our chance as new developers to try and make a project we would Enjoy and be proud to have completed.
      If you would like to be part of that please support our Kickstarter!
      IF there are any custom rewards you would be interested in please, feel free to message us

Thank you all again!

Check us out