Criticism about the comments

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Criticism about the comments

See I only made this account to say one thing, how irritated I am that Pewds has disabled the comments and yet he states within his video that "it was because of spam" everytime I looked within the comments section it wasn't full of spam, perhaps it was when Pewds checked maybe... oh... once? But every single time I checked the comments section it was full of people laughing, having fun, overall having a great time... Pewds has pulled the last straw for me, he states he cares but in my opinion he disabled the comments on youtube which forces people here, where he can get more ad revenue and in my opinion that's all it's about.. all he cares about has become clear to me.
    • I am pretty sure he disabled comments on YT since the first video that contained a lot of hating comments. You shouldn't blame him for that. Besides, he disabled comments on several videos long before this site even went on it's full capacity.

And if you are a true fan, you shouldn't really worry about that. It is ridiculous to think he can keep in touch with millions and millions of people. All of them come here to hang out and have a good time, rarely anyone to actually talk to Felix (just to make sure you figured true purpouse of this site). Being a fan is more than just obligationally leaving comments on videos.

Just a thought ;3
      Take care.
      On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
    • There was the odd occasional spamming but not as much as he's trying to place out, I understand that on this thread there's clearly going to be quite a lot of people stating they "back" his decision up simply because it's Pewds, and hey I'm a fan too.. but lately just getting rid of the comments section and his reasoning for it? not a single reason was good enough for me, perhaps at the times he checked, which lets face it.. with all the comments that appear on his videos he most likely only ever checks it once or twice, but personally I rarely saw spamming, not enough to make such a ridiculous big deal out of it... and in all honesty not only that but people have to start off somewhere, I'm not saying it's completely right but he probably did it himself when he was just beginning, I just don't think it was that much of a deal considering when I went to watch his videos majority of it were proper comments, and originally I didn't care what so ever for any of the money he makes off his videos.. it's a job and he earns it but yet... I honestly see this as just a simple "Money" grab by forcing people over to this website where he will probably get even more revenue off of, including his own videos people watch on youtube, and to me that's simply disappointing.
    • You do realise that 'FelixXMarzia' and 'OMG make me babies!' might also be considered spam, right? And there is a lot of those around.
      On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
    • Yeah I didn't see that much self advertisement too, but remember we mostly see the top comments, whereas he saw and had to moderate most of them.

It would annoy me too if I had to spend so many time dealing with those parasitic comments instead of people actually talking about the video. I'm even surprised he didn't do it earlier, since he has been complaining about for a really long time.
    • I don't know if he delated comments to force us to come here... I'm sure this website would have been successfull in any case... But I'm really happy that he opened this website because I love forum and I can practise my English.

And he said and his last video about comments that he finally enjoy making video again so I'm happy for him.
      French - Potterhead - :brofist:
    • well i don't say you are totally wrong about this site being an extra payoff but who cares i like this site as well as his videos and thats all that matters otherwise i wouldn't be here or make an account.
      And the Comments on youtube are honestly total shit most of them at least and i don't know how you could not see the spam 1-5 selfadvertisings per site no matter where i watched.
      Its just comments and you can comments the vids here aswell. So why don't you start to post comments here if its that important to you.
      It's not like you have anything to do with his private decisions in cases of buisness. It's a good way to filter spam and useless comments and you have to do it at some point i mean 3mil views at least every vid you can't watch on every stupid comment and people who come here and then give their opinion are much less but much more usefull for him because most of them are kinda serious comments (as serious as it can be on his vids haha ).

hope you understand and have fun here now, with us ;)
    • Just so you know, this site isn't really a go to cash cow to make and host. I know all the costs first hand - licensing, server fees... - it's not an amount you just spend becauser you feel like it or because you'll get back ten times the cost in profit.
      Not to speak of the amount of work that went into this site...
    • The fact you didn't see any of the spam Felix mentions shows how much time he devoted to cleaning up the spam and shitposts. When he's pouring his time into something trivial like that obviously he's not going to enjoy making videos, since really he mainly gets spam.

And disabling comments gave this place the activity it deserved anyway, so that's a really good thing from it.