How did you become a bro?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Back in 2010 (Oh man, listen to this Story) I wasn't into seeing Youtubers and stuff, I just watched Youtube because of the Funny videos of people getting hurt (Like Jackass, or any viral video). Then I heard about a game called Terraria, It was nothing I've ever seen before, the survival type of games, so I checked that game on Youtube and I found a Youtuber named Tobuscus (I'm sure you know who he is). I watched his videos and I suscribed to him (Still, didn't know who the freak was Pewdiepie). After being an "Audience" or a Tobuscus REAL fan. I was kinda in to Horror games, so my friend and I wanted to play a game called Amnesia (We are getting there, just a few more words) So I downloaded and, oh great... My computer wasn't good enough to ran the game, but for my friend it did work. I really didn't have the guts or the balls to play that game (I was 13, come on, I was still a Puppy). So I searched for someone who had played that game (Tobuscus had played the game, but that's another story), and I found this Blonde guy, who Screamed A LOT when the "bro" was around, Screaming BARRELS! and making me jump out of the chair because of that, and carrying a little friend called "Stephano". I don't know how many videos I watched but, the thing is that he really got me Laughing so hard of him getting scared that I couldn't help to click that Suscribe button (That was like 2011), ever since I suscribed to him I watched all his videos (Well, not all of his videos, I didn't watch Walking Dead Seasson 1 because I wanted to play that game by myself. But you get the point). And now here I am, Writing this for my Bro-Friends (I know you like it). Oh, and if you think I stoped watching Tobuscus... well, Yes I did xD. (Maen, sorry if some of my redaction is bad, but English is not my 1st Language) :brofist:
    • I became a bro in 2012, been watched TheRadBrad before I finally stumbled acrossed PewDiePie. At first, I thought he was a dick head, screaming over the top of his lungs in one of his Amnesia videos. But, over time I grew to like it and now I watch him everyday. 2 years later, now I got my fiance watching him and she loves it!
    • I started watching him when he didn't have 1 milion subs. A very long time ago, he was the first youtuber I found playing games on such funny ways! He played a lot of Horror and I loved that! I think I started calling myself a bro when I started watching him every single day, I still do everyday haha, he became my late night show ^^
    • I was a Tobuscus fan years ago and I saw comments from little kids whining about PewDiePie. And being a fan of Toby, of course I wanted to defend him. But I didn't feel like doing so without any knowledge about Pewdie was just... so I watched a few of Pewds' videos.
      To be honest, I thought Pewdie was kind of stupid and I didn't really like him.
      But then... I saw his videos again. It wasn't that long from when I first saw his videos. And I watched more of them, and I really enjoyed them. I also started to watch Tobuscus less.
      After watching Pewds' videos, I just felt like Toby was really fake (although his voices are just the best, and who doesn't love Gryphon??). He was kind of acting like a sellout, to be honest. But he was making money.
      And Pewdie, on the otherhand, he's never failed to really connect with his bros. He puts more effort into his videos, and it's very evident. He works hard, but lately, he's enjoyed his job a lot more because he allows himself to relax and he's not forcing himself to play games he doesn't like. And he plays a variety of things. And he's pretty good at games.
    • Sadly, I'm a "new Bro" (By new I mean I subscribed a few months ago). You see, I was never into Youtube, and hated horror games (I'm easily scared ;--;), so I had no idea that a funny sweden guy was screaming like a girl while playing Amnesia. If I did, I would have subscribed sooner :P.
      I came upon Pewds by pure luck. I had absolutely nothing to do, so to kill my boredom I decided to watch some Dark Souls videos. Among pro pvp players and trolls, I found series of videos made by some random guy that had never played Dark Souls before. Hoping to laugh a little I though "Why not give this guy a shot?". By the fourth video, I had already subscribed and got used to brofisting my screen (At the time I considered if that was even normal). Since then I've been working hard to get up to date with his videos (You won't believe how hard this is... I mean, there are more than 2k video O.O).

Anyway, thanks for your attention and sorry for any mistakes, English is not my first language. See you Bros :brofist:
    • I once heard PewDiePie being mentioned by a batchmate during high school, and then as my wandering time in YouTube increased (which probably happened about 2 years ago), I ended up looking at Pewdie's videos one day and as I watched more and more, ended up laughing so much...mostly because of the funny montages. Now, I'm pretty much a bro who follows Pewds and his vids because of the video games, his hilarity, and his high level of awesomeness (Like his efforts for charity, him calmly recognizing the fact that not everyone likes his vids in his PewDiePie Reacts to Elders React to PewDiePie, his character development after that Retsupurae controversy that I read about, plus his efforts for us bros!). I don't think I'll be unsubscribing from him for a very very long while! Freaking nuts! ^^ And BROFIST! :brofist:
      Do your best, have fun, keep calm, look at the bright side, and friendship for the win! ^^
    • About 2 years ago. I saw his video but wasn't interested until a friend talked about Pewds a little more. Then I was like what the heck.. so I checked his other videos and got hooked. My first series that I watched from him was Siren: Blood Curse