Fundraising Advice?

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Fundraising Advice?

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get a fundraising campaign going for Diabetes UK and their #type1uncut project. If any of you bros are Diabetic, or know someone who is, ask yourselves - would you have felt better about it all after that sudden change in your life if you could see other people going through the same shit? This is what they're trying to put in place - a support network of videos, google handouts and online forums to help young people understand the disease.

sounds preachy, right. Well it probably is. People see Diabetes as a disease of "you can't eat sugar" or some rubbish. It's time people were educated, in a no bullshit and down to earth way by people actually living with the disease.

Ok. I just wanted advise on how to help DUK achieve some funding or donations? If any of you have any hints or tips on how to raise money when I have no network to call upon, and therefor no real way of doing this fundraising by means of some grand event hosted by myself, it would be appreciated

Because I actually have no friends willing to help get this thing rolling.

At all.