The Anime Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• I've only started watching anime since last year. Its really amazing and I luv SAO (Sword Art Online). I'm currently watching Ouran Host club Which is a really awesome anime too. I only like watching anime in English dub, Everyone says that alone its even better. Is it wrong of me to only watch it like this?

J-pop and songs used in anime's are totally amazing!
    • Angi3 wrote:

I've only started watching anime since last year. Its really amazing and I luv SAO (Sword Art Online). I'm currently watching Ouran Host club Which is a really awesome anime too. I only like watching anime in English dub, Everyone says that alone its even better. Is it wrong of me to only watch it like this?

J-pop and songs used in anime's are totally amazing!

Wow, a new to anime that doesn't say "I love DB naruto one piece & company. . . "

Well *cough* let's be honest there. . . To my knowledge, atleast 85% of all animes existing have a dub that doesn't match the show, like Code Geas or maybe Fate Stay Night depending on your likes. Lelouch's dub is surely rather "well" done but it lacks of Lelouch's original voice's "boom", in other words, it doesn't match as well as Lelouch's character, wich is very complex and so a good "booming" voice should be the best for him.

Now that was only one example, but now let's talk in general.
      Animes are originaly ( atleat mostly ) made in Japan, with japan "dub", that means the show is "known" as it looks like, same goes for the sound. But when you have some time later ( even years for some ) an english dub. . . Wich makes you feel like it's all another show, why? Because something that is really important in anime along with animation, the characters, the story, is the sound including the voices. Keeping in mind the original raw voice and having this new dub that goes along. . .

Alright, there are animes where I accept a dub, including spice and wolf. But it's rather "rare" to happen to fall on some of them.

Now that it's said, this is purely my opinion. You can disagree but if you openly do, please explain your argument.
      Known as "Le Ghost"

• I completely agree with you
      Most anime shows to my knowledge are a lot better with the original Japanese voice actors... you know, and I don't really know why but I cant be bothered to like watch it in Japanese and only read the subtitles. In some cases (I think) some Japanese voice actors speak both English and Japanese. So I think some can like be on both shows like the one in English dub and Japanese dub.

The voice actor who plays "youi" (not entirely sure that's how you spell it) from SAO who is a young girl less than ten i'm guessing, is played by a 34 yr old woman. Like I was stunned! ^^
    • Angi3 wrote:

I completely agree with you
      Most anime shows to my knowledge are a lot better with the original Japanese voice actors... you know, and I don't really know why but I cant be bothered to like watch it in Japanese and only read the subtitles. In some cases (I think) some Japanese voice actors speak both English and Japanese. So I think some can like be on both shows like the one in English dub and Japanese dub.

The voice actor who plays "youi" (not entirely sure that's how you spell it) from SAO who is a young girl less than ten i'm guessing, is played by a 34 yr old woman. Like I was stunned! ^^

Yui"
      And, yeah you're right ^^
      Known as "Le Ghost"

• Oh and *facepalm* there is actualy an anime where I prefere the french dub ( wich is in general worse than english to me ) wich is Vandread. The main character's japanese voice matches a bit the boy's age but still it's like "HOW DID YOU EVEN LEARN TO BREEEATH?" :3
      Known as "Le Ghost"

• Commander Ange wrote:

Someone suggested Sword Art Online to me... Is it any good?? :)

Commander Ange; bringing you my life, liberty, and property.

Let's see.
      Story : The story is rather nicely done and it keeps going in each episodes pretty well, the lack of a big number of episode makes the story more compact and it can be seen as a plus depending on your likes.

The characters : There are a rather good number of characters and each of them has some good background, excluding some that are just there to "add something" to the scenes but details.

The animation : The animation is to me fine, the artstyle fits the show rather nicely.

The sound : Let's see. There are some nice soundtracks but I feel like they could add some more. If you compare it to other random shows you'll see that it does lack of soundtracks. As always I advise to watch the english sub.

The vote : After having carefully watched all theese things and compared them, I would give this show a 8.20 out of 10.
      Known as "Le Ghost"

• Angi3 wrote:

Lol you guys! :P . ^ Sword art online is the most dramatic, funny and adorably romantic anime I've watched in my few years. between each episode you just desperately want to know what happens next. Its a really great show. I highly recommend it to you. :brofist:

I only gave a general look of the anime, I didn't go through the details to not spoil or anything. ( also because I'm lazy but details :3 )
      Known as "Le Ghost"

• Are you kidding? Hahaha you could of wrote a whole story with that ^
      you put in a whole lot of detail. I don't generally like surprises so I sometimes like being told how things go. Eventually my friends told me about what happened in The Fault in our stars. I still cried like a bitch...
      ;)
    • Angi3 wrote:

Are you kidding? Hahaha you could of wrote a whole story with that ^
      you put in a whole lot of detail. I don't generally like surprises so I sometimes like being told how things go. Eventually my friends told me about what happened in The Fault in our stars. I still cried like a bitch...
      ;)

Eh. . . I see your point but not everybody like being spoiled, as I do ^ . ^
      Known as "Le Ghost"

• Giranx2 wrote:

Commander Ange wrote:

Let's see.
      Story : The story is rather nicely done and it keeps going in each episodes pretty well, the lack of a big number of episode makes the story more compact and it can be seen as a plus depending on your likes.

The characters : There are a rather good number of characters and each of them has some good background, excluding some that are just there to "add something" to the scenes but details.

The animation : The animation is to me fine, the artstyle fits the show rather nicely.

The sound : Let's see. There are some nice soundtracks but I feel like they could add some more. If you compare it to other random shows you'll see that it does lack of soundtracks. As always I advise to watch the english sub.

The vote : After having carefully watched all theese things and compared them, I would give this show a 8.20 out of 10.

ITS AWSOME I PUT IT IN MY FAVORITES ^^
      cake <3
    • Isaiah_Draws wrote:

Giranx2 wrote:

Commander Ange wrote:

Let's see.

ITS AWSOME I PUT IT IN MY FAVORITES ^^

\( ^ . ^ )/
      Known as "Le Ghost"