Bro's lend me your ears! i could use some help!

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Bro's lend me your ears! i could use some help!

My childhood best friend is in the toughest spot in his life. His mother was diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis and was given a year to live. She wants to move to Florida to spend the rest of her time with her parents. He is staying here to try and find a stable job. He also needs a place to live and i would like to help him with that. I wanna finish paying off the trailer we grew up in. So i started a gofundme for him. Of anyone in this world, he deserves and help he can get. So i'm asking you bro's, please, if you can help in anyway it would be beyond appreciated. Whether you donate or just share the link, i will be eternally grateful.
      Help Pay For His Home by Jacob McNabb - GoFundMe

Thanks bro's for even just taking the time to read all this.

The post was edited 1 time, last by twostepjake ().

• well today we all met and said our good byes to a woman who has done so much for others while expecting nothing in return. as she gets ready to move and time grows shorter for her son, my friend, to find a place to live. i come hat in hand to you guys to please spare anything extra you have.
    • What I'd like to know is why your friend so desperately needs his own place. I don't see why, for the time being, he can't bunk at a friend's place, your place, even, until he finds a stable job and gets back on his feet. I think this isn't getting a lot of attention because this situation isn't that desperate, and $15k is a high price to ask for, my friend. And this isn't what most people do... Most people, if they have no place to go, if they've lost their home, they stay at someone's place until they can find a stable job and move out.
      There are a lot of people out o the streets over here in Chicago, and a lot of them die on the streets. If someone had lived a rough life on the streets in Chicago and has been trying and trying to get back up on his or her feet, but can't because, for instance, their employer requires a phone number and an address and they don't have one, this is someone I would fund. But I wouldn't give them $15k. Nor would I expect the total of all of my funds plus the funds of others to add up to $15k.

I can't help you out... but I give my best wishes to your friend and his family.
      *Brofist*
      :brofist: