Pc upgrading and stuff...

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Pc upgrading and stuff...

Hello, i was wondering if i should keep upgrading my PC everytime somethnig new comes out, or should i wait for the next tech gen?

Right now, my basic specs are:

Intel Core i7 5960X OV 4,5Ghz

2-Way NVidia GeForce GTX TITAN Z OV & NVidia Quadro K6000 OV

64Gb RAM G.Skill Ripjaws4 DDR4 OV 4600Mhz

I always buy the new stuff and sell the old stuff cuz i like the PC stuff... But i don't know if i should stay with the 2 TITAN's and Quadro or buy a 4-Way GTX 980... So what do you think? Should i keep upgrading my PC or use my money on something else ? Thanks for replying and... BROFIST!
      SAIMON99 :D
      Facebook.com/chasnovsky99
      Twitter.com/Sasimon_OMG
      YouTube.com/SaimonThe99
      BROFIST!

• Not trolling or anything, i just really like tecnollogy c:, the Ripjaws4 comes in 32Gb max, so i buyed 2 sets :D, and it can be unlocked and overclocked +5000 Mhz

Plus, i don't win anything by trolling, what's the point?

I buyed the Quadro to see what would happen, and nothing did change much, but i can use it to photoshop, render stuff (which i don't do c:) and the only thing that i use it is because it's AA is amazing!

Sorry about my ugly ass english, i speak spanish c:
      SAIMON99 :D
      Facebook.com/chasnovsky99
      Twitter.com/Sasimon_OMG
      YouTube.com/SaimonThe99
      BROFIST!

• This is clearly a troll, I mean come on (I'm not hatin' don't worry). This is basically the NEWSTESTESTESTEST motherboard, the one that can hold an I7 5000 series (only the CPU costs 1k$), it is the first motherboard to have DDR4 RAMs. It's basically the closest one can get to the perfect rig. There can't be someone so obsessed with spending a fortune on having such specs and not knowing it's the best ever.

P.S.: I write on pink cus I can.
    • But WHAT exactly is the point of do a GIGANTIC upgrade when you use the computer for basic stuff, like facebook and this kind of thing? If you are serious, you are just wasting your money dude.
      Brazilian user: English not perfect!

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

• Well hardware may be a hobbie.. I know that if I could spend moneys without any consequence I would surely get a computer like this one.

Also I would like to ask something since it's a pc upgrading thread.

Is the gtx 980 really worth the money instead of a gtx 780Ti ? That would help me for my next computer, I'm not sure about spending 100€ more for the 980
      Standing alone doesn't mean I'm alone, It means i'm strong enought to handle things all by myself.
    • Herthes wrote:

Well hardware may be a hobbie.. I know that if I could spend moneys without any consequence I would surely get a computer like this one.

Also I would like to ask something since it's a pc upgrading thread.

Is the gtx 980 really worth the money instead of a gtx 780Ti ? That would help me for my next computer, I'm not sure about spending 100€ more for the 980

Well, you clearly WOULDN'T be disappointed with the 780 Ti but since it looks like you're spending a ton of money on your new rig, I'd say you would "future proof" it more with the 980. Then again, no one knows exactly if it actually is really that better compared to the 780. I'd tell you to wait for reviews and comparisons. Also note that 780 Ti, 780 and 770's prices will all drop because of the 980 and 970! So your best move would be to wait a little in my opinion.
    • Thanks for your answer, I will surely wait since I wan the MSI GTX 980 If i'm taking a 980 for esthetic reason ( My whole computer is red so yep.. MSI power ! ) Do you know a "nearly" release date ? Because they're speaking of it since a long time now but still I didn't saw any release date :c

EDIT : well we're derailing from the main topic again... Sorry ;-; let's back to his computer now. o/
      Standing alone doesn't mean I'm alone, It means i'm strong enought to handle things all by myself.
    • Herthes wrote:

Thanks for your answer, I will surely wait since I wan the MSI GTX 980 If i'm taking a 980 for esthetic reason ( My whole computer is red so yep.. MSI power ! ) Do you know a "nearly" release date ? Because they're speaking of it since a long time now but still I didn't saw any release date :c

EDIT : well we're derailing from the main topic again... Sorry ;-; let's back to his computer now. o/

No release dates yet, not even rumors. But yeah, I see why you want the 980. It is an amazing card as well, you'll probably last a good 5+ years with it no doubt!