I'm here for you

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• I'm here for you

Good day to who ever you are reading this thread.
      I made this post for the people who are feeling down, sad or anything similar to that.
      Everyone in this world faces their own problems and I'm sure you're having your own struggles.
      So why are you feeling down?
      Come on let's talk about it
      :)

“Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.”
      ― Sigmund Freud
    • Well no, in my opinion or how i've learned the difference between being down and depression is that being is down is results of things that didn't go in your way or you failed in your quiz on a particular subject. Depression is on a different level on being sad or being down but similar to a poison.
      So please do tell if you have any problems.
      If you want confidentiality you can send private messages to me and I can promise to you that I'll be the only one who will know your problems. :brofist:
      “Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.”
      ― Sigmund Freud

The post was edited 1 time, last by MarWithC ().

• You're really sweet but I'm not sure talking about it will really help me. But here goes: It all came from parents having issues with each other my whole life and financial issues. We moved to Dubai when i was 2 hoping to escape society's roof on top of Iran, but little did we know what a money eater Dubai was. My dad ran into debt and was wanted so he lost his passport and couldn't leave. My mom took the 7 year old me and my 10 year old sister back to Iran for 4 years where we were helped by my aunts and grandparents. When i was 11, my dad promised my mom that he had fixed some things and that we could go back and build a life, so we did. My mom was expecting a house and everything, so when he didn't deliver, she got really close to divorce but only stayed because of us. We lived in furnished houses and moved thrice. When i was 12 my mom almost bled to death and was sick for like a year from excessive menstruation bleeding. We couldn't pay for a good doctor so my dad (as always) was working his ass off and my sis and i had to take care of her. We also couldn't pay for school that year so we were at home nursing her. When it got really bad and she had 2 emergency situations where she got taken away with an ambulance i told myself it wouldn't affect me and that id be strong but that just piled all the pressure inside and turned into this depression thing. My moms family helped and we paid for a surgery that healed my mom but that didn't change the fact that she'd had enough of my dad and his job getting us broke twice so she left knowing we can take care of ourselves. She went to her family in Iran but we would talk every now and then. We started school and began struggling with the people there cause they were all idiots. Keep in mind we still had the financial problems. My mom only wanted a 2 bedroom house so when she left, we worked towards what we could afford (a 1 bdrm) and rented an unfurnished 1. My mom came back to help us with the moving since my dad had to work. They talked one night and confessed that they loved each other and missed each other and blah blah cheesy stuff, so she came back. Hooray! only not. Until now, her 'requirements and terms' have led her to become dissatisfied and made her into an irritating, pessimistic, good-vibe-sucking monster, like she was before. School started 2 weeks ago but were still accumulating money to enroll in a better one where the students aren't absolute children in 7th and 10th grade. My friends know about my depression and 1 talked to me about it once so now they think it's 'cured', so no support from idiots like them. My parents don't think depression is a real thing and gave my sister alot of shit 2 years ago when she had psychotic depression, so they're out of the picture too. I know well enough to realize cutting and suicide aren't even close to the answer. My sister is a nutcase introvert who deosnt like to socialize with me. I'm just a lonely 14 year old who's trying to distract herself and not give in to the waves of rotting black aura and stabbing feelings in my chest that wash over me every 10 minutes and remind me exactly of how much of a shithole we're in. I have no goals for the future and see no point in anything... There's a constant weight on my chest that serves as a reminder and makes it hard to breathe and live a little or have fun. So there's that.. hope i didn't bore you... thnx for your time :brofist:
    • pretty much all my youtube plans went to crap because I had to get a job in order to save money to return to college, and what was originally a close business partnership between Cinnamontoastken and I didn't work out as he grew astronomically due in many ways to his connections with other, more successful channels.

This bothers me pretty much every day. I consider myself a failure, which is par for the course really, but it hurts extra bad when you take into consideration the amount of money people who are successful on youtube make with minimal effort and how close I really was to tapping into that. Instead, I was having to work double shifts at a hospital making just a little over minimum wage. No awesome fangirls who move in with me, no unconditionally supportive fanbase that doesn't hesitate to ooooh and aaaah whenever I'm feeling down, no money just for doing something I want to do.

No. Just me and my responsibilities and a long list of failures that I can post on my wall like some sort of religious scripture. "Don't do this", the lesson reads. "It's pointless to try" so sayeth I.

The worst of it is, I'm one of those sorts of people that doesn't complain, like EVER, because I find it both unmanly and ungrateful to do so. There are literally people being raped and murdered and starving to death right now, and I'm just a little whiny pseudo-adult complaining that I'm not rich and famous just because I didn't get lucky like a handful of other people. It's pathetic and it makes me feel even lower just for feeling that way in the first place. That's not to say CTK was lucky really, he is the hardest working youtuber you will ever see, and I can say that based on my first-hand account. I guarantee people like Pewdiepie aren't putting as much effort and craft into their work like he is.

Anyway, I've rambled too long, I really just wanted to talk about it since I don't have anyone to talk about it with IRL.
    • Hey Captain Crowbar! If you ever end up reading this I just want to say that I relate immensely to your second last paragraph. I just wanted to tell you that mental instability (and depression) is just as bad as rape or murder. Mental issues kill you inside and can lead to pain, suffering and a death (imo) just as bad as murder. I mean rape is a whole different thing but harming yourself because of self-hate is just... All of this leaves me speechless thinking about it.
      I just want to let you know that that people ARE here to look out for you online. CTK is such a nice guy. Maybe try messaging him and telling him these feelings. You never know the opportunities you have so it's worth a shot! I'm sure he'll have time to read it... He might even remember you :)
      If it doesn't work out, you mainly just need to accept it rather than letting it get to you. Remember keep your chin up and that there IS always a possibility of becoming YT famous! Never give up and don't let obstacles throw you off course from your goal. If you keep persuading your dream/goal, things can only get better!
      !
      It's Phyre to you.
    • wow, it's really nice to see a fellow Filipino here. :)
      It's very sweet of you.. to post something like that here :D
      "For I am invisible in the crowd of strangers, will you ever see me in this unending sea of faceless people? Or will you too, ignore me and let me drown in this sorrow, and be forever tortured by solitude.."