Whats Better? Comments or Forums?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• I think forums are way funnier and easier to communicate virtually with all the bros! :)
      ~~ Nothing stands before me. I am the one who makes changes to the world! Being positive in any way. Looking through my eyes brightly because dark times might come.~~

-Ice Mouse 95, the warrior Mouse.
    • The forums are a nice way of connecting with the community, but i feel that the forums have actually made things worse. Far to few of the bros care enough to give negative comments on videos when needed, so the forum consists of 99% positive feedback. This leads to pewds missing out on the much needed constructive critisism. When you get only positive feedback, you start to slack, and the overall quality of the videos goes down.
    • Mikke wrote:

The forums are a nice way of connecting with the community, but i feel that the forums have actually made things worse. Far to few of the bros care enough to give negative comments on videos when needed, so the forum consists of 99% positive feedback. This leads to pewds missing out on the much needed constructive critisism. When you get only positive feedback, you start to slack, and the overall quality of the videos goes down.

This is indeed a valid argument (at least until proven otherwise). However usually the complaining voices are always louder, especially when we're talking about proper criticism not just (omg you're so stupid I hate you" styled comments. So technically this forum should allow a base for criticism even better than YouTube does, and while I indeed saw a couple threads with criticism and suggestions come up, I can't really draw a comparison here.
    • Peoples who are jealoused say some shietty stuff about Felix ... Now that's a thing that I totally dislike.He maked around 2 videos maybe about the comments and it maked me feel bad...and also when you scroll down you may see many self ads that are too annoying.. The forums is wayy better.
      AND ALSO...STAY AWESOME PEWDS CUZ U ROCK THAT WAY!
      OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH!!
    • Mikke wrote:

The forums are a nice way of connecting with the community, but i feel that the forums have actually made things worse. Far to few of the bros care enough to give negative comments on videos when needed, so the forum consists of 99% positive feedback. This leads to pewds missing out on the much needed constructive critisism. When you get only positive feedback, you start to slack, and the overall quality of the videos goes down.

I kinda disagree with it, as the majority of the negative comments consists of constant flaming and unconstructive criticism.

• Okuu wrote:

Mikke wrote:

I kinda disagree with it, as the majority of the negative comments consists of constant flaming and unconstructive criticism.

All criticism is goos critisism. Now he isn't getting any critisism at all, since he rarely even bothers to visit the forums. He said that this was going to be the way to better stay "connected with the bros", yet he almost never mentions it in his videos anymore.
    • Mikke wrote:

Okuu wrote:

Mikke wrote:

All criticism is goos critisism. Now he isn't getting any critisism at all, since he rarely even bothers to visit the forums. He said that this was going to be the way to better stay "connected with the bros", yet he almost never mentions it in his videos anymore.

He links to the forums. That should be "mention" enough. Also he does visit, he just doesn't post, or visit 24/7. You can'tr expect a person whose business it is to be online, to always be online. You start to get sick of it. Like if you founder on food, you get sick of that food. Felix founders on the net and so probably takes needed breaks which cuts back from time he would or should visit this site.

• Re: Whats Better? Comments or Forums?

Don't forget that he actually has a life unlike most of us. And he said it would be a better way to "connect with bros" on Twitter, the forums, and all that jazz, so the forums isn't singled out. He already has a lot of things to go through and has a busy schedule.

You got your video recording which typically lasts 5 minutes - 1 hour minutes, more on rage games like Pew Duck Pie and Dark Souls and some other stuff, the video editing which varies from 20 minutes - 2 hours - 4 hours, social media which I'm guessing is about 20 minutes each, and real life which is the rest of the day.

I'm actually not surprised that he doesn't visit the forums as much or post because getting used to forums isn't really as easy as Twitter. However, people tend to spend a lot of time in it once they get it rolling. On some games, players tend to spend more time on the forums (or not even play the game at all and stick to forums) because it's so addicting.

We don't want a Let's Play on forums to come out as one of Pewds' videos, right?
    • Za Tanshin wrote:

So Im just wonder what do you guys like using more?
      • The Youtube Comments?
      • The Forums?

There is a poll below for everyone to vote, in my opion I like the forums more.

I voted for the forums hopefully he reads them Im sure he does XD anywhoo how do u have ppl vote on a post anyway like is it in the settings? Cuz I dnt see tht option in my post?......
      ~~ForeverPewdie'sSis~~ :brofist: :brofist:
      DNT BE A BARREL THO D:<!!!

• cuterosecheeks wrote:

how do u have ppl vote on a post anyway like is it in the settings? Cuz I dnt see tht option in my post?......

That's kinda off topic again but I'll answer it here for the sake of simplifying. You can create a poll in the post settings if you start a new thread, it will be a tab at the bottom of the editor. Normal users are not allowed to create polls as a reply to a thread however, only by creating a new thread.
    • mKeRix wrote:

cuterosecheeks wrote:

how do u have ppl vote on a post anyway like is it in the settings? Cuz I dnt see tht option in my post?......

That's kinda off topic again but I'll answer it here for the sake of simplifying. You can create a poll in the post settings if you start a new thread, it will be a tab at the bottom of the editor. Normal users are not allowed to create polls as a reply to a thread however, only by creating a new thread.

Ah Swwy. But Thnkz Uu
      ~~ForeverPewdie'sSis~~ :brofist: :brofist:
      DNT BE A BARREL THO D:<!!!

• Once again, forums are far better. You just can't find any troll here. Unless they make an account just for da lulz and keep spamming total crap.

PS. Im not givin' them an idea, just saying.
      ~~ Nothing stands before me. I am the one who makes changes to the world! Being positive in any way. Looking through my eyes brightly because dark times might come.~~

-Ice Mouse 95, the warrior Mouse.
    • Forums are much more controlled and sophisticated.

People are under a lot more pressure to write something meaningful and something that doesn't make you look like an absolute retard when using a forum as a medium to interact.

With comments, you will get retards, creeps, spammers, trolls and, well, basically anything that lurks and crawls in the dark.