Twitch and Youtube?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Twitch and Youtube?

Hey everyone just got a small "problem" deciding how to go about this. I currently have both a youtube and twitch account, one is for videos and one is for livestreaming (obviously). The main question is how would i decide which games to livestream and which to make into youtube video's in the form of let's plays/walkthroughs/etc?

Personally i enjoy livestreaming more than making youtube videos simply due to nature of being able to start up a game and stream it almost right away, while recording a youtube vid takes a lot more time for both the recording/commentating and then editting. This doesn't mean i don't want to stop youtube, it seems everyone agree's that it's easier to grow on youtube than on twitch and so it makes sense to keep making videos. But as i've started off this post, i have no clue which games i should livestream or record, i have no intentions of playing a game twice through and most games are great on either platform in my opinion.

One solution i currently can think of is record a video while i livestream and essentially upload a shortened or montage video of the livestream. This probably won't come off as great to youtube viewers since there is a difference in expectations in how a let's play or playthrough should be presented on youtube. Another issue with that idea is how taxing it will be on my system. I'm sure i could pull it off but i'm more concerned about how it would work out if i upload videos that are basically ripped straight out of my own livestreams.

Any help or suggestions to this little dilemma of mines would be most welcome! Thanks in advance! :)
    My Youtube channel = SlaterEvolution
    My Twitch.tv channel =
    SlaterEvolution
  • Well people on Twitch are streaming games they can have thousands of hours put into it and still play more. They're not doing any games that would really need an LP. I goes onto League of Legends, Dota 2, Hearthstone, CSGO, ect. So I'd just suggest you play something that doesn't need an LP, maybe like some of the games I stated before; unless you really feel compelled to stream games that would warrant an LP/walkthrough.
  • Yeah i stream Payday 2 from time to time and really it's not a game meant for a let's play so it suits Twitch fairly well. Other games like Watchdogs, Hitman Absolution, Splinter Cell Blacklist and such are suitable for both Twitch and Youtube in my opinion so they both could work well, i suppose it just matters how it's done on each platform...
    My Youtube channel = SlaterEvolution
    My Twitch.tv channel =
    SlaterEvolution
  • I do both. At the moment I am focusing on LPs via Twitch, which allows my most dedicated follows to be part of by voicing their opinions and having them spotlighted while playing the game. At the same time I upload them after editing to Youtube where others can watch and enjoy if they don't feel like being part of the stream.

The first thing is that Twitch is actually a lot easier to get big on than Youtube. On Youtube, while your sub count will rise a lot of those subscribers will be dead subs. Have you seen the amount Pewdiepie has vs his average views? It is the same for everyone.

On Twitch your sub count will always be lower than on Youtube because Twitch is in its early phase of popularity like Youtube was but the point is that you will get way more viewer engagement when on Twitch. I would say I get maybe two comments on a Youtube video, while a Twitch stream consisting of 2 hours of gameplay a day maybe nets me about 500+ comments a day.

This is because the viewer can interact with you more.

The thing is that you don't need to be big on Twitch to be successful. Just having 100+ viewers constantly is a success on Twitch. I maybe get 13-20 on average and I only started a month, or so a go.
    There is always time for muffins.
  • If you're having trouble deciding, why not keep Twitch for any multiplayer games like Payday 2 and single player stuff for YouTube? If you're playing single player RPGs you could stream them because of choices that might need to be made which you can get viewers involved in more, if it's live.