The Sims 4

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• There's no thread for it yet, so I figured I'd make one.
      I got the Sims 4 yesterday, played it for an hour or so. So far, yeah, it's a Sims game. People were all up in arms about them changing this that and the other but honestly, they've only made the gameplay better in my opinion.
      The stylization of the characters is really nice, softer on the eye than the older low poly, realism models.
      Create-a-sim is A LOT different though, and while there isn't a huge bounty of clothes, you're still not overly limited.
      Anyone else got it? Thoughts?
      So uh. I write
    • Eh, thought of getting it or something, but then again...how much more can you actually expect from another Sims game? Think I will save euphoria for something else. Dressing up and getting creative with houses (on limited as fuck space) is fun for a while but then you want more stuff which then requires expansion packs and stuff packs... And even all that aside, I think they can only make it more complicated after Sims 3 :/ Will just stick with Sims 3 for a while, when I feel like playing God I guess :V
      On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
    • I wish Create a Style was in Sims 4, I used to use that feature a lot in Sims 3 D; I do like how you can see what furnitures you can unlock by taking different careers paths, it makes me want to try them even more now. And I love how Programming and Video Gaming is a skill, and that you can livestream and stuff ;D It does have a lot of new content and some of the removals like Pool and Toddlers isn't a huge deal since I don't usually get those sort of stuff. If anything, I don't like how it all isn't a huge open world now, but it greatly improves the performance of the game, so I shouldn't really be complaining.
      Overall, I'm loving it :3 But I love all Sims games anyway ;D
    • I really like the sims 4, but I've liked every sims game. Although they have removed the whole world map, there is still on open world feel to it. I really like CAS because you're not limited to sliders, and my sims used to always look the same in the sims 3. Although I'm excited for an expansion pack because I feel like some aspects need a little more depth to them. But overall, I enjoy it. As I've played around 38 hours.. ☺️
    • After watching many different kinds of gameplays , sadly I don't really have the urge to buy it unlike the other last three. Quite a number of things not included in 4 and perhaps the only big crave about it is just the emotions and "smarter" sims, this just feels like the updated version of sims 1. I guess for now I will just watch gameplays from other youtubers :)
      It's not called being gay, it's called being fabulous! - PewDiePie
    • I bought it because I wanted to try it out myself before I judge it. And I have to say it has some good and some bad points. A good point is the sim creator. I really like that you can just touch a part of their face or body and change it. Makes it a lot easier for me to make interesting looking Sims. They look better in general. No more strange looking Sims like in Sims 3. It's also a lot easier and quicker to build a good looking house. So if you only play the Sims to create something, this is definitely something for you. But for me, the part where you actually play with what you created is more important. And this is where all the bad points hide. I don't like the careers, they are too extraordinary. I don't like the small cities. Theres absolutely no place for me to build my own houses, bars etc. The loading screens are horrible. I know they wanted to make the game compatible with pcs which are not up to date but seriously. Almost everyone has a decent pc nowadays and even my old shitty pc could handle the Sims 3 perfectly fine. Oh and I miss the mailman and so many other npcs. These are just some points, there are much more why it is not enjoyable for me but I think creators will have fun with it.

Jedes Eichhörnchen ist auch ein Flughörnchen, wenn du es weit genug wirfst.
      Trickster
    • they dont even have pools anymore he might as well play sims 2 it has more content than this atrocity
      Literally the only improvement that has legs to stand on is the sim creator and that was already really detailed in sims 3.
      It's soo obvvious that EA is milking us all for money like all the extra content like pools and more textures will be released in DLC and be a complete cash in from EA.
      I want pewds to not play this game bc he will fuel the EA funding.
      If he's gonna play a sims game he's gotta play more sims 3.
      Saad but true :((
      Cumming 2 find you!