Darkwood

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Recently I have been getting into a game I help fund back when it was on IndieGoGo, Darkwood. This is from a brand indie developer named Acid Wizard. For their first game this has a lot of game mechanics to keep you interested for at least twenty hours. That's how far I have gotten into the game and I am still playing. What is it though?

A top down, survival horror where the world is randomly generated at the start of a new game. You are tasked with going out during the day to find resources, supplies, and allies that will work with you so you can survive the night. During the night, your soul task is to defend the place your staying at and survive. The monsters, the rabid dogs, the hunters, and the unknown will kill you the second they know where you are at. Good thing, they don't each other, so use that to your advantage.

There is a story. One that is slowly being built into the game since it is currently in Early Access.

Also there are merchants to trade with, gain information, crafting to had, defense building, and of course choices... Unlike other games, you make a choice and have to leave with the consequences. The game is attempting to give players genuine choice in how they handle a situation, character, or event. With each act compounding the next story event.

Games currently 14.99 or regional equivalent. I highly recommend this game to anyone looking for something with a different spin on the survival horror genre.