Project of mine : Cinema Simulator

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Project of mine : Cinema Simulator

Hello there people, I would like to introduce you to a big project of mine called Cinema Simulator. The name is quite obvious as it does simulate a cinema, but it will include full Oculus Rift support (meaning you are able to do actions by for example nodding to a salesman etc.) for a total immersive experience. The game will obviously feature multiplayer as it would be quite silly to play the game and watch videos and throw popcorn in the empty space whilst noone is replying. In Cinema Simulator the serverhost and/or admins can pick videos from various media websites (for example YouTube) and display it on the screen in the cinema. Best of all is, it will be totally free-to-play without any strings attached!

Currently the game is in a very early stage of development where the base geometry has way higher priority than the programming at the moment. As a matter of fact I possibly won't be touching any code for about like 1 month as I need a specific thing to aid me effectively for the development of the game, which is the Oculus Rift. However, this doesn't take away that I continuously put all my effort in the project, as it will be featured on my portfolio which is obviously needed for getting a proper job later. You obviously don't have to donate/fund towards my project, but a share & a like would be very very appreciated. I will be posting a video regarding it (or not depending on circumstances) soon.

• Full Oculus Rift support for a total immersive experience, but you are able to play without it also.
      • Controller Support as a keyboard and a mouse might be annoying (atleast in my opinion).
      • Watch videos from various websites with friends and/or strangers.
      • All sorts of emotional expression.
      • Capability to host your own servers.
      • 100% Free-To-Play, no micro-transactions. The only thing I want is that people will enjoy my work.

In case you are interested and want to know more, you can download the concept build of the game, which features a WIP cinema and many other things regarding the game. Beware that the game is in very early stage of development, and thus doesn’t bear any resemblance or functionality compared to the finished game (this very much includes the graphics). In fact, you could see it as an interactive FAQ; you’re basically able to walk around the very early stage of the cinema, and read the notes I have placed. I’m sure it'll answer the majority of the questions regarding the development of the game, as the notes tell about every aspect of the game, as well as other stuff related to the project.

Download : CinemaSim Concept R1 (windows) | Virus Total Scan | 8/8/2014

If you want to see all the changes throughout the development, you could check out the imgur gallery I have. The gallery will be updated quite a lot with pictures regarding the development of the game. It's quite awesome to see all the changes, although I need to look for pictures from earlier stages of development to make it even more complete.

Imgur Link

Got permission to post this thread from Mkerix, however, if previous said person is not content with the information stated/provided in this thread, please contact me so I will adjust it accordingly instead of removing this thread which will basically dump all the hard work. Dano, if you read this, I love your beard.

EDITED : Main Post due to the fact the campaign has expired.

The post was edited 8 times, last by Okuu ().

• As I said in the chatbox multiple times, I think it's a great concept. The fact that you're doing this all by yourself (with a tiny bit of help) is really moving. Keep up the good work and of course I'll be supporting you.

Also, dem tags. Couldn't have done it better.

inb4noimnotinsane
      inb4yesimhigh
    • Okuu wrote:

TheMiinuko wrote:

I usually ignore those "simulator" things, but damn, that looks fancy as f*ck.. Had to support!

Oh wow, amazing that you have made a donation. It really made my day already. Will send you the details of the package soon, or you need to check out the tour build. :)

No problem, man. I think this is a really nice idea, and donating is the only way i can help i guess. So, keep up!

I bet you can't click that dancin' Buu
    • Okuu wrote:

Gonzo Snake wrote:

I legit thought this was a joke at first.

Just to let you know, there is a gamemode for Garry's Mod which is basically this. It's still a neat idea, though.

I doubt it will be as extensive as this thing once I am done with it.

Well, so far it seems the only thing different from it is Oculus Rift and controller support, so I hope there's more than that.

colonel, we managed to avoid drowning!
    • Gonzo Snake wrote:

Okuu wrote:

Gonzo Snake wrote:

Just to let you know, there is a gamemode for Garry's Mod which is basically this. It's still a neat idea, though.

Well, so far it seems the only thing different from it is Oculus Rift and controller support, so I hope there's more than that.

I can't spoil everything as it will just put an enormous strain on me with the stuff. Besides that, even if it would be less extensive than the cinema mod, I wouldn't care that much as this is my own project used for the development of myself whilst creating something for other people to play with... for free.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Okuu ().

• Okuu wrote:

Gonzo Snake wrote:

Okuu wrote:

Gonzo Snake wrote:

I can't spoil everything as it will just put an enormous strain on me with the stuff. Besides that, even if it would be less extensive than the cinema mod, I wouldn't care that much as this is my own project used for the development of myself whilst creating something for other people to play with... for free.

The Cinema gamemode itself is technically free, and GMod itself is only like five dollars or so. But yeah.

Good luck! I hope this gets popular so I can fuck with people on servers (putting on anne.jpg, Shrek Is Love Shrek Is Life, etc).

I also have a suggestion. Add a voting system for stuff such as skipping a video and a queueing system, otherwise it might get a bit chaotic.

colonel, we managed to avoid drowning!
    • Brian Vincent wrote:

This looks amazing! This is gonna be big for sure.

Sadly, I wasn't able to get proper funding for it and the campaign hsa expired. Besides that, the project is currently on hold due to some family circumstances.

I still need to edit the thread a bit accordingly, but I am quite unable to do so due to the fact the server is currently getting overloaded.