Got a question (need opinions)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Got a question (need opinions)

First thing's first, this isn't promoting what I'm doing, and I won't say names. I just want some personal opinions from you people.

I am working with a very talented, Japanese artist in getting a manga made, and we plan to go digital at first, but plan to do a Kickstarter campaign for the production of the hard copies. What I'd like to know from you all is, if one of the higher tier rewards for pledging money is a full length anime film of the manga itself (for those not wishing to read it, but also not wishing to spend days, or months on episodes) would that in your honest opinion be some good incentive to pledge?

PS, we know one incentive to pledge is if the manga is good. We'e got that part covered.

• So you want to make a full anime movie? I don't know. Always start off with just some manga's and when the fanbase is big enough make a movie. But a film for the ones who don't want to spend ages on it are in a minority. I prefer to wait for those episodes to keep the excitement in me. I like to wait.
      Also. Please link me to the Kickstarter when you're done planning and discussing. I know, it's not advertising... But you still grabbed my attention.
    • No money is being spent on the manga, or even if we do decide to do an animation of it, though. Everything we've done and will do, we're able to get done for free. The only thing where money is involved, is for the manga artist, since he's getting paid later on after it sells.

On Kickstarter, people want items to get if they pledge, else the projects without them don't ever get funded. The better and more interesting (and limited) the item, the better chance of those people pledging that much to get it. The idea was to limit it to about 10 to 15 people, since they also get the items from the lower tiers. Each tier gets a set limit, and from the previous tier, as does most KS projects do. The main items people would get, would be a few free digital copies, and as the tiers go up, it's that and a signed copy or two of the hard copies that the KS is meant for creating.

But you all are assuming we're making the KS as soon as we make the manga (I should have mentioned otherwise) but we plan to make it a few months or a year after the digitals go on sale to the public. The first chapter release is free, and we're making it our job to submit it to every popular manga reader site that we can, and then the second chapter will be on our webstore.

Plus the idea is that for the animation, it'll help give people like animation students, and many on DeviantArt (and amateur voice actors) a chance to show people what they can do. I've seen many good amateur voice actors throughout the internet looking for their big break.

Hell a friend of mine, also knows the guys over at Smosh, and plans to try to talk them into helping getting the selling of the manga promoted. I doubt it'll work out that way, or as easy, but if it does, that alone would make the Kickstarter a bit more successful, or a bigger chance for it to be.

I will stop explaining it into detail as it seems more like advertising now.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Thiamor ().

• Stretch goal or not, you will never know if you don't try. You can't achieve shit if you don't risk something. Yes it might fail, but you will regret it if it has potential of being a good stuff. If you're well aware of all "for"s and "against"s and you're willing to make it work no matter what then nothing is too much. Bottom line: You only get one chance for everything. Just my egoism transferred into opinion. But in the end it is only your call no matter what others say.
      On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
    • Well in that case, why not? Have fun at least ;)
      On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!