Pewdie n' Friends 3.0 is here

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Love the work you guys did on this site. You guys paid attention to so many details, for instance, I logged in and the notifications came up in the corner of my screen (without me clicking) and then faded away at the perfect time. I know it sounds like a small thing, but I haven't seen that in a forum before. Thanks for your hard work.
      “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”- Mahatma Gandhi
    • Num wrote:

I love the website! The only problem I had was that it took me a few tries to get a confirmation email, but obviously it worked eventually since I'm on registered now.
      Another thing - that is completely unimportant- is that it says 'Name's Follower' on their profile, when it would be better saying 'Name's Followers.' Not a big deal, it just irks me every time I see it, lmao.

I'll post an update regarding the tech stuff that happened later today hopefully, all your mails should be working fine now though - sorry for the inconvenience.
      As for the wording issue, that stuff happens sometimes with these big projects. I'll also fix that later, haha.
    • In my opinion this forum is perfect :D.
      I don't use to have twitter / facebook to follow pewds there and comunicate to the other bros, so two weeks after the comments went off, i was pretty dumb - I really found the army a part of pewds, and pewds without it ..., i just can't imagine it ^^.
      So i was so happy when he said about this forum - and the fact he is active here - just too awesome to be real.
      When i first enter the forum, the server failed :)) - but now, i havent seen any technical problems, i mean, damn, perfect, love pewds and bros, muaha to everybody, i mean ultra brofist!
      Great job guys!

edit: I don't understand how I havent found it earlier :(.

edit2 - after 20 minutes: the moment when you realise that it is already version no. 3.1 and you feel embarassed for not reading the messages before yours :)).
      Life is awesome, smile ! :barrel:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mihai23 ().

• Would be nice if these forums are interlinked with the app. Even though the mobile version of the site works like a charm! It would just prevent having to jump around in apps. Usually you watch a vid then theres a hang time until you can express you're feelings. Loses a bit of the excitement if you get what I mean.
      Apart from that, love them both individually :]
    • dephreq wrote:

Would be nice if these forums are interlinked with the app. Even though the mobile version of the site works like a charm! It would just prevent having to jump around in apps. Usually you watch a vid then theres a hang time until you can express you're feelings. Loses a bit of the excitement if you get what I mean.
      Apart from that, love them both individually :]

If an app will be made, it probably will also have the option to notify you on new posts, etc. Which I feel is something we need, considering how much time I spend in here. And it would probably work smoother on an app (although it works good in a browser too).
    • Okuu wrote:

samfisher47_9 wrote:

If an app will be made, it probably will also have the option to notify you on new posts, etc. Which I feel is something we need, considering how much time I spend in here. And it would probably work smoother on an app (although it works good in a browser too).

There is already an app called tapatalk....

0_o *begins the research*
    • Okuu wrote:

samfisher47_9 wrote:

Tapatalk ain't good enough, it does its job when it comes to posting on dem forums, but it lacks the chat function. Correct me if I'm an idiot and there is one which I have yet to find.
      The first requirement of being a hero isn't being right. It's being strong. That's why the hero always wins.
    • SailorPantsu wrote:

Okuu wrote:

samfisher47_9 wrote:

Tapatalk ain't good enough, it does its job when it comes to posting on dem forums, but it lacks the chat function. Correct me if I'm an idiot and there is one which I have yet to find.

If you just want to check out the forum quickly, post quickly and get notifications on updates : Tapatalk.
      If you just want to chat with other people. Use the web version and just access it from a bookmark.

Best of both worlds.

• Okuu wrote:

SailorPantsu wrote:

Okuu wrote:

samfisher47_9 wrote:

If you just want to check out the forum quickly, post quickly and get notifications on updates : Tapatalk.
      If you just want to chat with other people. Use the web version and just access it from a bookmark.

Best of both worlds.

Well I guess it ain't that bad, it works smoothly and you get notified for posts on threads you've written in. It's a little disorganized if you asked me but for doing small stuff, it ain't that bad.
    • As for dedicated app:
      The app currently available was developed by Maker Studios, who again, refuse to cooperate. We won't get any source code of the app nor will they even bother to integrate our APIs, despite us offering help and even having asked them to do so before the development began. Instead they chose to roll their own inferior version of all the site functions offered here.
      Developing our own app would take a lot of time and a decently sized budget, especially since there is quite a few functions we'd need to implement. Considering that the mobile site works well and Tapatalk offers a compromise for everyone that wants to get push notifications on their phone, I don't see this happening anytime soon. Depending on how this site develops we'll bring it up in team discussions from time to time though.
    • mKeRix wrote:

As for dedicated app:
      The app currently available was developed by Maker Studios, who again, refuse to cooperate. We won't get any source code of the app nor will they even bother to integrate our APIs, despite us offering help and even having asked them to do so before the development began. Instead they chose to roll their own inferior version of all the site functions offered here.
      Developing our own app would take a lot of time and a decently sized budget, especially since there is quite a few functions we'd need to implement. Considering that the mobile site works well and Tapatalk offers a compromise for everyone that wants to get push notifications on their phone, I don't see this happening anytime soon. Depending on how this site develops we'll bring it up in team discussions from time to time though.

Thank you for explaining the whole situation :)
    • If you do consider creating a dedicated app in future without the help of Maker Studios, then I suggest maybe launching a Kickstarter or some form of the likes?

We know Pewds isn't really the forum kinda guy but we already have a built community around a forum based website and if you can possibly get him to advertise such an idea if you are willing to go ahead with it then we might just get the budget needed to create the dedicated app without Maker Studios help. I'd like to take a positive view that the Pie would help but of course its just an idea at the moment and we're not exactly 100% on Pewd's view on the forum community getting financial support (since he was rarely on it if I remember correctly).

Well its all just ideas for now, but hopefully something positive would emerge :3

"When life gives you bullets... ME! CORMANO!"
      Visit meh on deviantART and see all my horrible art stuff
      ChronoPinoyX deviantART
    • Sorry if this is not the place I can't seem to find a Tech support thread. But I seem to be having an issue with a few parts of the forum. Like I can't open Spoilers, and When it came to making an account I could not get the reCaptcha To show.-Had to sign up via Google+. I'm using Google Chrome 35.0.1916.153, And I also Tried on Google Chrome Canary -The 64Bit Google- And it was the same. So I'm asking if any know why this is.
    • Zennie wrote:

Sorry if this is not the place I can't seem to find a Tech support thread. But I seem to be having an issue with a few parts of the forum. Like I can't open Spoilers, and When it came to making an account I could not get the reCaptcha To show.-Had to sign up via Google+. I'm using Google Chrome 35.0.1916.153, And I also Tried on Google Chrome Canary -The 64Bit Google- And it was the same. So I'm asking if any know why this is.

Sounds like your JavaScript isn't loaded correctly. Try Ctrl + F5 to force remove your cache and let the site load a bit after all the HTML/text shows up. Good indicators for finished loading are the ads that should have appeared now or the times on the dashboard - in the newest threads instead of an exact time it should say x minutes ago now.