Jobs,Jobs,Jobs,Jobs,Jobs,Jobs and Jobs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Jobs,Jobs,Jobs,Jobs,Jobs,Jobs and Jobs

Well I have not posted a thread in a long,long,long,long time but now I am back. If you read the subject at this matter (Hopefully you did) this is about jobs (Hopefully you read it and didn't go 'I wander what that is about!'). You may think, Jobs?! Why do you want to talk about jobs!? Well it is very simple. Since I was around 7-8 I think I wanted to become an actor. As we know how that goes for most opportunistic people well unless you don't is not good... Luckily I found out quickly about that. Around 11-12 or so I found out of the magical world of YouTube and at 13 I found out you can get payed for something you love doing?!(My case would be gaming) Unbelievable!?! But quickly and my first YT video got around 61 views. Anyway that was before the splash of gaming channel being everywhere also before pewd's being famous. Right, right you want me to get to the point. My point is those two thing that i am doing are NOT going well! At all! I toke Drama as my GCSE and that is going terrible! My YT channel is know well never is getting views! I know it's because probably because all the things i have done a already done but I'm stuck! These are the only 2 things i am interested in for a very long time! Know for job I'm stuck! I know it is early to think about jobs but if I'm not interested in anything else for jobs or what ever else might end up doing something i don't like! I need help and i can turn too no one!!! Please Bros?!

... This is also a thread for other people having trouble with hobbies or jobs so fell free to use this thread to talk or type in this case...
      Brofist to everyone even a barrel! :brofist:
      Garrythemod
      - YouTube
    • Okuu wrote:

Surely the clown in the yellow suit with the red hair wants to talk to you then.

Harsh, okuu, harsh.

@garrythemod

I'm taking drama GCSE too. Don't Panic. I`d advise you to take after school sessions with your teacher if you`re struggling and ALWAYS ALWAYS ALLLWAYYS ASK what to improve on.Seriously. Don`t ever be disheartened by critique from anyone especially your teacher. Treat critisizations as targets, and pesevere to hit them.

If its the written assesments you struggl with, note down WWW(what went well) and targets/EBI(even better if...).

If its acting in general you are having trouble with, take time to relate with your character and replicate them as expressively as you can. Consider the 5 senses, emotional factors, mental factors , character background ( who are they, where are they from, how they act towards others).

If its inspiration you need, watch a good quality genre-defining film. Not anything superficial or overhyped like GI Joe or US Navy Seals. I mean cult classics such as:

-Reservoir Dogs( or any film directed by Quentin Tarantino, eg:Pulp Fiction or Django:Unchained)
      -The Godfather
      -Scarface
      -Clockwork Orange
      -Saw
      -The Thing
      -Full metal jacket
      -Raging Bull
      -The Passion of Christ
      -Jurassic Park
      -The Shawshank Redemption
      -Schindlers List
      -Back to the future
      -The good, the bad and the ugly
      -Slumdog Millionare
      -The Matrix
      -Star Wars
      -Indiana Jones
      etc
      Be sure to analyze in full depth how actors of films like these in paticular portray emotion through speech, body language and the way they think, so don`t blindly procrastinate and watch for the fun of it.

Follow all that I said and you should at LEAST marginally improve. cheers.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ebenezer Scrooge ().

• The Doctor wrote:

Okuu wrote:

Surely the clown in the yellow suit with the red hair wants to talk to you then.

Harsh, okuu, harsh.

@garrythemod

I'm taking drama GCSE too. Don't Panic. I`d advise you to take after school sessions with your teacher if you`re struggling and ALWAYS ALWAYS ALLLWAYYS ASK what to improve on.Seriously. Don`t ever be disheartened by critique from anyone especially your teacher. Treat critisizations as targets, and pesevere to hit them.

If its the written assesments you struggl with, note down WWW(what went well) and targets/EBI(even better if...).

If its acting in general you are having trouble with, take time to relate with your character and replicate them as expressively as you can. Consider the 5 senses, emotional factors, mental factors , character background ( who are they, where are they from, how they act towards others).

If its inspiration you need, watch a good quality genre-defining film. Not anything superficial or overhyped like GI Joe or US Navy Seals. I mean cult classics such as:

-Reservoir Dogs
      -The Godfather
      -Scarface
      -Clockwork Orange
      -Saw
      -The Thing
      -Full metal jacket
      -Raging Bull
      -The Passion of Christ
      -Jurassic Park
      -Schindlers List
      -Back to the future
      Be sure to analyze in full depth how actors of films like these in paticular portray emotion through speech, body language and the way they think, so don`t blindly procrastinate and watch for the fun of it.

Follow all that I said and you should at LEAST marginally improvr. cheers.

Where the fuck is Pulp Fiction motherfucka

• Rikka Takanashi wrote:

The Doctor wrote:

Okuu wrote:

Harsh, okuu, harsh.

@garrythemod

-Reservoir Dogs
      -The Godfather
      -Scarface
      -Clockwork Orange
      -Saw
      -The Thing
      -Full metal jacket
      -Raging Bull
      -The Passion of Christ
      -Jurassic Park
      -Schindlers List
      -Back to the future

Follow all that I said and you should at LEAST marginally improvr. cheers.

Where the fuck is Pulp Fiction motherfucka

fix'd.

Fak u

• I've been at my current job for what will be 10yrs in September. It's the first job and only job I've ever done. I've done different positions, and I've moved up in the company fairly quickly. I'd be in a higher position right now if I had my drivers license earlier - but now that I do, I'm in the middle of being promoted to the next level.

A job is a job and it's money - no matter what you do and unfortunately, even if it's not your dream job, it teaches you a lot. As long as you set your mind to it.
      Scream and be free.