Forum Update Incoming

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Dont worry Felix, you shouldn stress you! You have to much stuff to do ;)
      But its really annoying if this forum get shut down and all the Accounts get deleted. There is many stuff to look for if someone have a technical problem or something like that. This forum help me with a few things. Cant you just quit this and just let this forum like it is now?
    • Felix, if you see this and care enough to respond, how much is it costing you to actually host this website, and how much did it cost before you went with Maker for this website plan?

Secondly, if it doesn't cost much, or someone can find you a super cheap solution, I'm suggesting you host a secondary website not connected to Maker, or even the Pewdiepie fandom, and copy the database in all of it's glory over to the new one, and have the current administration (non-maker) take care of it for you, and you when bored, use the secondary site as a pallet cleanser for when you're needing something fresh to do.

This way Maker gets what they want, we get what we want, and you are still you, in a love/hate relationship with your fans. I doubt it'd be too much trouble for someone like you, and your current non-maker based staffing. I mean if they aren't getting paid anymore but still sticking around rather than rushing out the moment this was brought to light, I think it's safe to assume they'd take care of a secondary website, free-of-charge.

But there'd have to be a few things changed. One, is that when these admin do need to speak with you, you need to try not to ignore them. While you may be busy, even I know that mKeRix is friends with you on Steam. It's safe to assume that if it's hard for him to talk to you, it's a mix between being busy and just ignoring him due to you being busy (and you're so tired of being bothered at the time) 9 times out of 10.

Also I doubt a lot of us would be super pissed if you were more active within this community. If it was you, being active most of the time, letting us known in advance of any upcoming changes, I doubt we'd have flown off our rockers so easily. We'd be pissed, but not so much as to having people say fuck this, fuck that, with every other sentence. It all is based on how you as a person acts.

Think of it this way. Most of the places you visit and try to be active on normally is flooded with dumb fans trying to get you to say and do stupid shit. Next time don't announce it to them if you're going onto your website. You'll be able to talk freely, more often with fans this way, and eventually it'll get a balanced influx of fans on here rather than being flooded with people who will only be on here one time.

As a businessman you're good, but that's about it. You have no real communicative skills between you and the fandom. You lack that, timing, and some common sense. Enough so that you'll always be too busy to do anything until the day you obtain these things.

• Well thanks Felix, for at least trying. I was so mad cause I thought they had gone this through with you at least (even though I already dislike Maker). Once again, thanks for attempting to try to talk to Maker. While I do fear they'll do nothing about it and continue to do with what they originally planned I kind of makes me feel slightly better.
    • Thiamor wrote:

How much is it costing you to actually host this website, and how much did it cost before you went with Maker for this website plan?

Secondly, if it doesn't cost much, or someone can find you a super cheap solution, I'm suggesting you host a secondary website not connected to Maker, or even the Pewdiepie fandom, and copy the database in all of it's glory over to the new one, and have the current administration (non-maker) take care of it for you, and you when bored, use the secondary site as a pallet cleanser for when you're needing something fresh to do.

I doubt money would be a problem for a guy who probably makes 15-20 million a year.
      Work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder
      Make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better
      Do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster
      Raise your ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ dongers
    • So....
      It seems like Maker is pushing their Agenda without the actual person in charge not noticing. which is even more retarded.
      Or it's a case of playing stupid.I hope this is not the case as Maker has a quite shit reputation in my opinion regarding 'caring' about their stars. Seems somewhat like a Dejavu over here (RWJ anyone?). So much for a company which tries to be the best whilst they are the most vile creatures on this darn planet.

Anyway, the website has been going downhill ever since the rumors about Maker taking the website over and actually taking it over. It has done more damage than it has done good, actually, it has done nothing good. Even if they try (with the website) they fail hard. I keep repeating it, but the website is a poorly made representation for someone who is on the top of their list.

Again, the excuse from Maker that they can't port it is bullshit due to the fact there are loads of converters out there and people who can do it and money shouldn't be an issue for a huge company, if it is, I begin to doubt what lengths you are willing to take for the correct representation of your people etc.

I seriously hope that Maker backs out out of everything and leave this alone, as they are only ruining it for everyone here and make a shitty enviroment for new/other people. It would be better if it would stay "For fans, by the fans" or something like that instead of a company trying to improve it and failing horribly and piss all people off on the current platform by doing so. It also damages your company's reputation at people quite a bit, atleast at the ones who are getting involved in the stuff etc. They already were a shit company prior to this happening, but this basically takes the cake for me.

Maker is the new Machinima, aka being total money grubbing and ignorant crap.

Dano wrote:

A statement regarding this topic will soon be released.
      Stay tuned.

If it is a statement from Maker, I think it's better them to be silent instead of whipping up lame excuses for the things they have done and were/are going to do. As it will not make anything better. Picture below is what they could do best.

I wish all these things never happened and suddenly timewarped like several months back while the forums were teeming with activity and everyone making friends and such and play with eachother whilst talking about several stuff etc. in the meanwhile, where we were moreso a happy community which is the most important thing, but now we are holding up pitchforks and torches upon a graveyard due to the fact Maker has played Grim Reaper once again. Sadly damage has already been done and we almost can't do jack about it.I keep stressing it, the forum was in better hands with Heiko etc. and the people who were actually maintaining it for everyone in their spare time for to make the best experience for all by keeping it clean and enforcing rules.

Also, this is very related

The post was edited 14 times, last by Okuu: wall of text. ().

• PewDiePie wrote:

I wasn't given any notice of the forum changes by Maker. They told me they would try and make fans happy about the changes. Gonna talk to them about it today.

This alone is why I dislike Makers. They could care less about the subscribers. PewDiePie fans are the only ones I know of to be true to their own nature and don't deal with bullshit - and it would be a shame if they were treated in a way of distaste because of viewership. Felix does care about his fans - at least that's how I feel about him - and if he can at least talk with them, maybe something would change.

This community seems to be a gathering of people who all have one thing in common - but have bonded over others and it's a nice thing to have, and it would suck for the loyal members to loose it all because of a company that couldn't care less.

It really pisses me off that Felix didn't know of this change - when he should have been the first person to be notified before any of us.
      Scream and be free.
    • Thiamor wrote:

He needs to save his money up and start his own company. Use maker for as much as he can get, for now, but once their help starts slowing down, start up his own company.

Wondering what help, the only help they have given is atleast destroying this community, atleast what is left of it, as the rumors already about the forums being taken over quite decreased the activity. They are simply using Felix as a darn cashcow.

• This is too far gone. Makers aren't going to back out now, and by the looks of it they twisted Felix's arm (which Felix should have seen if he was paying attention when he agreed to let them loose) and now it's stuck. Not even someone like Felix can stand up to Makers and make them consider something else: Once the wrecking ball is in swing there's no stopping it.

I didn't really know anyone from this community. I've spoken to like five people in total, and they're all pretty awesome. I'd love to get to know everyone here, but it's too late. Like others have said, communities die.
    • I'm late hopping in... Sorry, but I didn't have any access to the internet (no h8 plz)

First I must say that I'm happy that at least it does bothers Pewds. Thanks for that. Your effort is appreciated.

Secondly is that there is still hope now. If Pewds and Maker aren't going to co-operate, then Maker is screwed. Because who doesn't want to host the world's most famous Youtuber's forums? It's at least something worth noticing.

Thirdly is that it can be stopped, I see in the last two posts that they're (close to) giving up on these forums. The truth is that there is no worry. If maker is deciding to quit, we can still have someone else host it. Or let it be handled with some mind about how to do it. Because how big should these forums be, I think about the size of Wikipedia? No, less. I think it's about 1,5 TB. The amount of posts aren't exactly that big, not even in HTML. And when everyone saves his or her work, it could be done in no-time. Cleaning the database is the same thing.

Fourth, I think that this is one of the most IMPORTANT things for Pewds to read. No hate, but I just think you need to read it.

At last, the first one who says it's hopeless can get a punch in the face. No, seriously. I will come to your house and give you a personal smash in the face. Niiiice, huh?

But wait. Did you see what Dano said? Maker studios are publishing a statement, which is not related to the other one. I think we should put down the pitchforks and torches until they post it.
      Then we get them back and burn the sh*t out of them. And pitch them. With our pitchforks. And torches.
    • The statement by Maker was promised to be posted yesterday and I reminded them multiple times, I'm honestly kind of disappointed it still hasn't appeared on here. However, we saw what happened with the first change, so I'll give them some more time. In case they don't post here, I'll go ahead and break my neutrality on this thread and release in depth information myself. The users will get to know everything as soon as possible, that's my promise to you and shall be my last task as admin if things still go the way it was described in the first post.
    • mKeRix wrote:

The statement by Maker was promised to be posted yesterday and I reminded them multiple times, I'm honestly kind of disappointed it still hasn't appeared on here.
      However, we saw what happened with the first change, so I'll give them some more time. In case they don't post here, I'll go ahead and break my neutrality on this thread and release in depth information myself. The users will get to know everything as soon as possible, that's my promise to you and shall be my last task as admin if things still go the way it was described in the first post.

Maker and holding promises, that is like the biggest joke ever made. A company which can't even hold their promises/meet deadlines shouldn't even exist.

• mKeRix wrote:

The statement by Maker was promised to be posted yesterday and I reminded them multiple times, I'm honestly kind of disappointed it still hasn't appeared on here.
      However, we saw what happened with the first change, so I'll give them some more time. In case they don't post here, I'll go ahead and break my neutrality on this thread and release in depth information myself. The users will get to know everything as soon as possible, that's my promise to you and shall be my last task as admin if things still go the way it was described in the first post.

#inb4scam
    • mKeRix wrote:

Ouch, shows how much Maker cares for it. I'm not expecting anything good.