Forum Update Incoming

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• What's even more fucked up, is why don't they fucking have secondary, main forums that's actually connected to the new website, and label this and that under a communities tab, and their forum site can have a specific name, and this just says forum?

I mean it costs him barley anything to have us hosted alongside any main website/forum, but he just wants us personally to be gone from anything related to the website.

Anyway if no one cares, you all can use any and all of my websites I have. My host can actually upload an imageboard to the site, if you wanted to use it. This way while we may have to start over, I can hand adminships over to the current admin of this site, and we'll not have to worry about Felix fucking us over again.

I even have an anonymous based chat we can use in replace for any shoutboxes. It runs quick, and you can create chat rooms inside of the chat, though they delete when all members of the current room log off, thus having to be recreated again.

Let me know if you might be interested in such a thing.

• So I haven't been very active, mainly because of all the drama this board seemed to have created since the maker takeover. I have to say - I'm not at all surprised this is happening. When I found out Felix signed with Maker, I knew it was bound to happen. It happened with Ray William Johnson. Maker takes someone else's product and tries to take control of it so that they can call it more their show than someone else's. I'd rather see the forms die than see it go to hell.

It's the same pattern as Ray William Johnson - only Ray had the balls to say fuck you and leave them.

I love Felix - I always will - because I think as a person, he didn't mean for all this to happen - it just did and he probably signed a contract that he has to legally stick to. He's also been probably feeling a lot of preassure from the fan base because of his videos, as well as from the company he signed with. I was never a fan of Makers, never will be, and I never watch any show that's signed with them or associated with them for this reason.

Will I continue to watch Pewdie? Sometimes. I don't watch him as often as I used to because it's changed. But I watch some videos, and I watch Fridays because, well, that's PewDiePie at his finest. As a person, I still love Felix and his family clan, and I can't really put all the blame on him because we don't know his side.

But I most certainly wont re-register, and I wont participate in the fan community anymore. Not unless we can a true, honesty reason behind this - and not some bullshit excuse from Felix or Makers.
      Scream and be free.
    • I wasn't given any notice of the forum changes by Maker. They told me they would try and make fans happy about the changes. Gonna talk to them about it today.

I dont see why they cant just merge the accounts with the new system of whatever.
      If they cant do that then Im sure someone can pick up whats left of this site and keep it running.
      If no one have the time and money to do that then it might have to be time to say good bye.

I'm really sorry about all this. Dont mean to sound like a sassbag but I generally dont have enough time on my hands to look after this forums.
    • PewDiePie wrote:

I wasn't given any notice of the forum changes by Maker. They told me they would try and make fans happy about the changes. Gonna talk to them about it today.

The other fans who can't even understand how a forum works might be happy. The people here,as you can see,are not.

PewDiePie wrote:

I dont see why they cant just merge the accounts with the new system of whatever.

Their site is built on foundation of vBulletin and we're using BurningBoard. We could've built a bridge,but nyet.

PewDiePie wrote:

If they cant do that then Im sure someone can pick up whats left of this site and keep it running.

Change that "can't" to "don't want to" then we can talk.

PewDiePie wrote:

I'm really sorry about all this. Dont mean to sound like a sassbag but I generally dont have enough time on my hands to look after this forums.

There would be far too many things to say about this but I'll pass for the time being.
    • vBulletin has LOADS of importers, it's not a technical limitation by any stretch. vBulletin 4's Impex (Impex being their import system) supports Burning Board 3, I just downloaded a copy of Impex to double check and there is indeed a set of import scripts for wbb3 into vBulletin 4. It's incredibly easy to do too.

That'd import posts, threads, users, everything but the wbb3 specific stuff (so Gallery and Webdisc, which can be re-done).

Source: I was working with vBulletin 3 back before vBulletin 4 was even a concept, let alone the vBulletin 5 they're on now. Still do for a client or two on vB4 (nobody uses vB5, don't be silly...).
    • PewDiePie wrote:

I wasn't given any notice of the forum changes by Maker. They told me they would try and make fans happy about the changes. Gonna talk to them about it today.

If no one have the time and money to do that then it might have to be time to say good bye.

Am I going to be the only one to thank Pewds for giving enough shits to come in and openly admit he did not know this was happening and is going to at the very least talk to them?

My main reason for being upset was because I thought Pewds gave the OK for this to happen. He still cares enough to at least TRY to make things right.

Be mad at Maker Studios. Not Pewds. None of us would be here getting to know each other if he did not start all this. No, he isn't here all the time but damn it we all made some awesome friends on here, so be thankful we at least got to experience what we have here.

Thank you for making an attempt to help save our community, Felix.
      "From childhood's hour, I have not been as others were
      I have not seen as other have" - Edgar Allen Poe, "Alone"

(>^_^(vO_o)> Surprise Butt Sex

Phoenix Flames Plays

FaceBook