Weird problem with webcam desync and mic - please help

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Weird problem with webcam desync and mic - please help

Hello,

I recently bought a Logitech c525 webcam (best i could buy in Croatia) and its giving me headaches.
      Ok here goes:
      1st issue is that webcam's mic is not recognized in most of the softwares including official logitech webcam software.
      Ive only managed to get it recognized in Smartpixel program. LWS cant detect any audio, even if i switch to headset mic (i know how to disable and enable mic in system sounds, dont worry about that). Webcam mic works without a doubt cause i use it for separate commentary recording with Sony Soundforge.

2nd issue
      This is the one thats giving me headaches.
      When i record PS4 games (avermedia LGP in PC free mode) and on my PC are only running LWS and Soundforge, audio and webcam video is synced when i put them both into adobe premiere.
      Trouble is when i record PC games.
      Webcam video always gets out of sync after couple of minutes. It seems its ahead of video of the PC game that im recording and ahead of audio. Everything is so desynced that nothing makes sense. Even audio isnt synced with game's video.

I know its tough on PC to run 3 recorders at once (im using Action for PC game,uses less resources then fraps but i tried with fraps too) but in task manager it gets to about 70 % CPU and Memory. So it isnt fully strained.

Ive tried playing and recording games in windowed mode to reduce the strain, using different types of recording software for webcam, changing output destination for webcam and commentary on one HDD and game recording on other HDD to reduce the strain but to no avail.

My rig is: AMD x4 3.2 Ghz
      8 GB DDR 3
      ATI Radeon 5850
      Win 7 x64

Any suggestions are welcome.
      Thanks,
      Mastazajeb (HDPlay Gaming Channel)
    • This is how I record: I record gameplays with Bandicam, which allows me to record 2 audio channels( 1 is the game and other is the microphone)... than you just need another program to record your facecam and it should be ok then.. try like that... also, that desync might be the problem about your ingame FPS... if your PC is weak and you get FPS drops, it is probably the reason of desync... I hope this helps you... ;)

P.S. your PC is good, but you still might be experiencing lag spikes, so make sure that the game works flawlessly...