suggestion on building a computer?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• suggestion on building a computer?

i want to start building my own computer, but i don't know what parts i need for it. can anybody please tell me what hardwares I'm gonna need to build a gaming computer that can be used to play heavy games like battlefield 4, and such? I'm for sure gonna be playing a lot of DayZ standalone, but just incase a good game came out on pc and it requires a high spec, i want to build the best that i can get for around 1000 dollar. i know that in my previous thread i said that money doesn't really matter, but if i don't set any range I'm afraid people's gonna start throwing in ideas for computer that will cost thousands of dollar lol

so please help me fellow bros!

edit:
    i actually found a few computers for sale and the seller claimed that its good for gaming. I'm just gonna put the specs here, and leave you bros the experts to be the judge...

computer 1 around 600 dollar:
    Display Spoiler
    Mobo Asrock B75MVGA NVIDIA GFORCE GTX650Ti 1GB DDR5 ZOTAC
    DDR3 8GB PATRIOT INTEL EXTREME PC12800 1600Mhz KIT (2X4GB)
    HDD SEAGATE 500GB SATA
    DVDRW LITE ON
    Casing POWER UP TRANSPARAN GAMING

Psu FSP HEXA 550W Pure 500W
    Core i5 3330 3.2Ghz

computer 2, around 1000 dollar. (this one is in image, and its in my previous thread. i put it here again since no one replied to it anymore):
  • Looking at the first Computer already. You can basicly for few extra dollars build what I have as brand new.
    Asrock Z77 Pro 3 motherboard
    Intel Core i7-3770K
    DDR3 8 Gigs RAM
    Radeon HD 7870 GHz edition
    HDD 1TB SATA

Or you can just look for people selling those parts individually and buy them used for even cheaper price.
    This setup runs BF4 on high Graphics no problem, havent tested ultra and I actually play on Low due all the "eye Candy" making it harder to see the information I need.

As for the 1000 dollar Computer, the picture doesnt appear to be working.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tms ().

• Tms wrote:

azka wrote:

if the picture isn't working you can actually right click on it and open it in new tab.

Had to copy url to get it to work. That's pretty good pc, but you might be able to get it cheaper if you asseble it yourself.
    do you think it can handle battlefield 4? if not, which part should i replace to make it able to run BF4?
  • MadKlauss wrote:

My suggestion would be to avoid any PC if it has an Asrock motherboard.
    why not asrock? what mobo do you recommend?

I asked on an indonesian forum, and they helped me a bit. two guys list down the specification that they think will work with battlefield 4. here's one of them, can you give me an opinion please? :)

Display Spoiler
    -Intel Core i5-4440 3.1Ghz - Cache 6MB [Box] Socket LGA 1150 - Haswell Series -ASRock H81M-GL (LGA1150, H81, DDR3)
    -Hitachi 1TB SATA3
    -Apacer DDR3 PC12800 1600Mhz 8GB Kit 4GBX2 - Armor CL9
    Seasonic SS-500ET 500W
    -Zotac Geforce GTX 770 2048MB DDR5 AMP
    -Dazumba D Vito 902 without PSU
    -Lite On DVD RW 24X SATA [OEM]

the total is about 900 dollar
  • oh yeah, i also noticed that many people suggested intel core i5. i actually find out that there is the newest (i think) version that is called i7? why didn't people suggested that? is there something wrong with it?
  • MadKlauss wrote:

The i7 has been around for a while now and has many different/better versions but it is much more expensive than the i5 CPU.
    Why not to use an Asrock motherboard? Because their motherboards are low quality and have a much bigger possibility to ''die''.
    I would recommend motherboards made by Gigabyte, Asus or MSI.
    is the difference between i7 and i5 big? if it is, will it be better for me to change it to i7?

and as for the specs that i list a few post above, what type of Gigabyte, asus, or MSI motherboard to replace the ASRock H81M-GL would you recommend?
    damn, I'm really sorry that i am troubling you here
  • MadKlauss wrote:

For 2000 dollars you could buy a very powerful pc.
    Though it would be nice to know from where are you going to buy the parts so I can look them up them for you.
    if I'm gonna look for parts, it would be from an indonesian forum, kaskus, or from a shop. i dont think you can look it up for me if its in indonesian forum nor a shop. but thanks bro, you've been very helpful. I'm only going to have to figure out the specs first. gonna try to do it for under 2000 dollar if i can, because I'm still planning to buy a camera and a bunch of equipment for youtube. but the pc is not for youtube though, since im not going to have a gaming channel. but since both is only for fun, i can take it slow. i just dont want a pc that operates greatly only at first hahahha even though I'm only planning to play things like dayZ, gary's mod, amnesia and stuff. just want to make sure by setting battlefield 4 as the... what do you call it? standard? i dont know :P