build-computer or alienware?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• build-computer or alienware?

is it better to build a new computer or just buy alienware aurora? in terms of money, I'm sure most of you would say not to buy alienware, but i want to have the best experience of gaming and money doesn't really matter at least for now. can anyone help me? and what other hardware should i have for gaming? i really want to get serious in this starting now. no, not for a youtube channel since my channel that i will start this year will only consist of sketches and vlogging (even though maybe i plan to post a few gaming video if i feel like it).

other than the consoles like ps4, xbox one, and the pc (which i am asking you guys for suggestions), what other hardware and software should i have? like to record from xbox or pc, microphone, and headphones? thanks guys :)

EDIT:
    Oh, on one of marzia's video where she scared pewds, we all saw that he is playing his pc games in iMac. is it good too?

The post was edited 1 time, last by azka ().

• okay then, maybe builded computer it is. how about the hardwares and softwares guys?

btw, thank you for the suggestions! appreciate it! :D
    Oh, on one of marzia's video where she scared pewds, we all saw that he is playing his pc games in iMac. is it good too?
  • well, it seems that he is using iMac from what i see in this video though :S

youtube.com/watch?v=Ri2E2TRdOGQ

well, i guess whats best is still builded-computer rather than alienware. but i don't really understand anything about building computer. maybe i'll just ask a friend.

oh, and another question if you guys don't mind. does it really have to be a builded one or is there any computer that is specifically for gaming that is not overpriced like alienware?
  • Build your own PC. Alienware is just glamorized pieces of shit.

I suggest going to ibuypower.com or maingear.com for custom config with your pc.

You can budget and select everything by hand in their builder.

Piggeh wrote:

I wouldn't say that iMacs are the best for gaming. I'm pretty sure PewDiePie doesn't use an iMac, btw. Just by what I've seen, they're overpriced and I don't think they're worth as much as your paying for them.

I have a Macbook Pro 15" that works great for any game I throw at it. I know how to make mac wrappers so I take PC games and make them compatible. I also run some games via my Parallels 9 Windows 7 virtual machine.

• 1.) Building a PC yourself is definitely cheaper than buying from ANY gaming brand (that includes Ibuypower, Alienware, Origin, etc.)

2.) I believe he is still using Bettan and is using an Apple monitor (but I could be wrong)

3.) Mac's are even worse for the price-to-power ratio than Origin (which is to say, pretty horrible)

I could go into further detail about, but I'm feeling too lazy right now, just build one yourself.
  • Build your own PC over everything else. It's much cheaper to buy the parts and assemble, and you're not paying extra for the brand. DON'T get a Mac for gaming. Recording with it is ok, and doing editing is fine, but most games can't be played on it and it's much better if you get a PC.
    mfpwnsall - Epicness in Motion
  • Not much I can say that hasn't already been said, but don't dismiss pre-built PC's just cause their not a gaming brand. I play games and record for my youtube channel with an Asus laptop (hooked up via HDMI to a monitor) I got for a little over 300 bills. It runs every game i've ever played on my custom built just as well. I know you said price isn't really an issue for you, but it's always an option. Anyway, if you want one or the other i'd definitely go with custom-built. Alienware is really over-hyped. Good luck!
  • so i found this guy on kaskus, one of, if not the biggest, forum/community in indonesia. he's selling self-built computers and many people said that his computers are really great for gaming. i pick two computers which is on the top list, and i want some opinions from you fellow bros, if you don't mind :)

computer 1:

computer 2:

he said that he will be giving away some bonus for every purchase of one of his computers. its a blue ray movie, which from every movie i pick alice in wonderland HAHAHHA, and free game. i pick amnesia (i know you guys know the reason for that :P), and a cs6 master collection. and also some sort of gaming mouse that i don't really know. here's the picture from his thread:

is this a good deal? one USD is around 12thousand indonesian rupiah. in this case, the computers each cost around 850-1000 dollar i guess. but since I'm only starting in this gaming thingy, i don't know which one to pick. i usually only play games on console. my whole life have only been studying, hanging out with friends, and playing games in console. no HD games for pc.

your opinion please, guys?

oh, and I'm also thinking of getting a razer electra headset, just like what pewds have. but since I'm still a newbie, I'm gonna take it slow.

edit:
    oh, and the monitor i will be using is a toshiba flat screen that is around 21 inches. it used to be plugged into one of my computer. i works well with that one. but will it work with the computers above? i don't see a reason why not, but I'm no expert. and will the quality of the "picture" be affected with this?

The post was edited 1 time, last by azka ().