Which is your favorite horror game?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• How can you have a favorite horror game whilst you haven't played it? It's like saying that you like a book by just looking at it's cover.

Anyway, hands down the Fatal Frame franchise, from the good times where horror games actually had a story and not tried to scare you every darn 2 seconds.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Okuu ().

• I would say RE3 just because it's basically the first horror game i've played. Being paranoid at Nemesis stalking your booty was the scariest thing i've experienced when i was like 9 years old or something. And the part when he breaks through S.T.A.R.S HQ's window without any warning whatsoever was still on my top 10 "shit have been shat"moments.

Scariest horror tho would be Fatal Frame II. It took me approximately 5 minutes to pause the game and made a promise to myself to never touch this thing ever ahain.

If you're angry, don't break anybody's heart, they only have one..... Break their bones, they have 206 of them
    • Dandy Dragon wrote:

Scariest horror tho would be Fatal Frame II. It took me approximately 5 minutes to pause the game and made a promise to myself to never touch this thing ever ahain.

I dare you to continue, the game is beautiful. The biggest childhood terror was that ghost appearing in the main-room when you enter that house for the first time. Shivers down my spine due to it.Be sure to read every intel thing also.

• That's a tough one... I was gonna say Amnesia The Dark Descent, but SCP Containment Breach won it for me. The atmosphere is amazing, the plot is uniqe, the monsters are scary, and the jumpscares (the few that there are) come at just the right time, when you least expect it. The game is just awesome to me.
      There once was a moron who- BARRELS
    • IdiotMillion wrote:

That's a tough one... I was gonna say Amnesia The Dark Descent, but SCP Containment Breach won it for me. The atmosphere is amazing, the plot is uniqe, the monsters are scary, and the jumpscares (the few that there are) come at just the right time, when you least expect it. The game is just awesome to me.
      Amnesia and SCP have a really creepy atmosphere , amnesia is more chase and SCP is jumpscare/chase (if my memory doesn't faio me).
    • Okuu wrote:

Dandy Dragon wrote:

I dare you to continue, the game is beautiful. The biggest childhood terror was that ghost appearing in the main-room when you enter that house for the first time. Shivers down my spine due to it.Be sure to read every intel thing also.

El oh el brother sold the PS2 quite awhile ago.

Emulator's always a viable option anyway.

If you're angry, don't break anybody's heart, they only have one..... Break their bones, they have 206 of them
    • It would have to be either Silent Hill 2 or Penumbra: Black Plague, I found Silent Hill 2 at a pawnshop for $3 when I was a lot younger for the PS2 (I believe it was in 2003?) and it was really cheap so I figured why not, it couldn't be that bad, right? Needless to say I got too scared to continue about 30 minutes (it had been my first horror after all and I was 6 at the time) I did not continue it for quite a while, but when I finally did, I enjoyed it to almost no end.

Penumbra; I found all the Penumbra's on sale for $10 on steam so I looked up reviews to make sure they were not sh*t, the reviews were well enough so I bought them and they just turned out to be really horrifying.

Note: DandyDragon, you need to play Fatal Frame II as it was a really amazing game and I highly recommend it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Fruken'Fracker ().

• My favorite horror game is Amnesia: The Dark Descent because of the developed and deep storyline, graphics, atmosphere, soundtrack, and its own SDK for custom mods. Other than that, Slender:The Arrival or L4D2 (does that count?).
      mfpwnsall - Epicness in Motion
    • Dandy Dragon wrote:

I would say RE3 just because it's basically the first horror game i've played. Being paranoid at Nemesis stalking your booty was the scariest thing i've experienced when i was like 9 years old or something. And the part when he breaks through S.T.A.R.S HQ's window without any warning whatsoever was still on my top 10 "shit have been shat"moments.

That moment with nemesis was brutal... it was the first time I experienced the horror of finding out that just because you left the room doesn't mean you are safe! Most games up until that point didn't have the enemy FOLLOW you into the next loaded room!
      "From childhood's hour, I have not been as others were
      I have not seen as other have" - Edgar Allen Poe, "Alone"

(>^_^(vO_o)> Surprise Butt Sex

Phoenix Flames Plays

FaceBook
    • My first favorite is Ghoul School. First horror game I ever played for the Nintendo NES. Nostalgia moments ^^

Main favorite is the Silent Hill series, the first game holds such awesome memories of my big sis and I taking turns playing this in our parents dark basement. Each time one of us would get too scared to continue we would pass the controller to the other lol

After that is the Resident Evil series. Like I added to another post on here, Nemesis was a traumatic experience!
      "From childhood's hour, I have not been as others were
      I have not seen as other have" - Edgar Allen Poe, "Alone"

(>^_^(vO_o)> Surprise Butt Sex

Phoenix Flames Plays

FaceBook