What lies in darkness, will arise from light RP

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• What lies in darkness, will arise from light RP

In a probably futile attempt to make a comeback onto the forum (because i know have an actually decent computer), i recently got an idea for a horror rp, in which Jubelious Gunthropy (me) and a few of his friends go on a hiking trip, but find an old, supposedly abandoned hotel, although all evidence points to it never even existing before then. But something evil lurks within... large mounds and broken glass litter the outside of the hotel, along with holes atop the mounds, but no one knows where they go.
      each group member has a set of skills they can hone to the point where they can use them as weapons instead of survival skills. But, it may make the whole outcome more interesting if the characters are also impaired in some way. Jubelious has psychic abilities, although he is blind, as my example.

RULES:
      no spam (i think this should be standard at this point)
      No constant 1-upping each other
      on that note, all unnecessary, personal fighting is forbidden.
      linking is highly recommended if the situation is better described/ experienced/ enhanced visually or audibly.
      on THAT note, don't over do it with things such as already "real" villains/ monsters, although allusions, references, and/or the occasional or limited appearance is OK.
      characters MUST BE HUMAN, unless someone wants to be an nonspeaking, but "read" (like by psychic abilities, or possible animal connection abilities.
      Love interests are recommended to add effect to the drama, although things such as "adult" romance may be over the top.
      two people with the same powers is ok, but not as recommended.

Recommendations:
      give a REALLY unique name, or a uncommon "normal" name.
      A dark past is ok, but remember, every character has problems.
      having a tight bond with other characters would be good, although being a pest would also spice things up
      Ability Ideas:
      Animal communication
      magnetic control
      electric control
      time control (on a extremely small scale)
      light production
      enhanced senses (with no challenges such as blindness, muteness, etc.)
      fire control (only when it is present)
      visibility control (again, limited, and temporary invisibility)
      these are only IDEAS. you may pick anything, just don't OVERPOWER IT.

Character template:
      Name:
      Power: (explain if not obvious)
      Disability: (explain if not obvious)
      Appearence : (links may be used)
      Mood: (optional)
      Fear rating: (how easily you are scared, again optional)

ask any questions with OOC, and i will answer. thank you for at leas coinsidering it, and hello once again.
      WHAT HAVE I DONE

• This is more because I felt like making up a character, but... What the hell, count me in if/when this picks up some more interest.

Name: Kin Marni
      Power: Shape-Shifting. Change appearance at will. So far, Kin is only capable of changing color of skin and hair, and adding (generally useless) details. Great for a chameleon impression, though.
      Disability: None, but has Hemophobia, seeing too much blood WILL make Kin faint, at the least.
      Appearance: Although xe doesn't show off the ears and tail in public. The shape-shifting powers are to blame for these additions.
      Mood: Cheerful, brutally honest (Most of the time), and overly inquisitive, especially when shiny objects are involved.
      Fear rating: Easily spooked, downright paranoid at the first sign of trouble, and gets incredibly clingy when spooked.

Note: Yes, I'll be using "Xe", "Xir", and such when referring to this character.

You know, most people call me insane...
      That's what happens when I try to reason with people, they don't like it, and I eventually end up turning them to charcoal in the end...

Why are you looking at me like that?

Despite popular belief, I did not draw the avatar I'm using. I can't draw.

The post was edited 1 time, last by stryder221 ().

• name: sirilati
      ability: winternorn, he is able to freeze time for a thousandth of a second, and copy a person's entire life memories into himself. he cannot read thoughts, only emotions attached to memories. He does need time to sift through these memories, but important moments will be readily apparent.
      disability: an intense fear of other humans, except a few women.
      appearance: a slender body with delicate, almost feminine features, with long blonde hair, leading him to be mistaken for a woman on several occasions.
      mood: very quiet and reserved, unwilling to even talk to anyone who he believes to be a bad person .
      fear rating: easily scared by humans, but has an intense curiosity about non human entities, sometimes throwing caution to the wind entirely.
    • Ooc: Yeah sure, characters are fun to make if nothing else out of boredom :P

Character template:
      Name: Skylar
      Power: nitrokinesis (ability to control pressure and explosions)
      Disability: afraid of mirrors and all kinds of glass since it usually bursts when she can't control her power and become deadly
      Appearence : img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/e…yMusicRox_/AnimeGirl1.jpg
      Mood: uninterested in a lot of things, silent and sarcastic, quite aggressive and impulsive when mad
      Fear rating: indifferent to most fears and hard to scare, but afraid of her power and afraid of bonding and loosing dear people

Ooc: Yes, totally unique xD
      On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
    • Kin Marni had to suppress a laugh at the blind man's stubbing of his toe, and immediately felt a bit bad for it.
      "It can't be too far, mister."

Xe then turned to pester the girl(?) that was walking with them.
      "Are we there yet, miss? We've been walking for years!" Xe whined.

Kin was quite calm despite everyone in the vicinity (Except one) being a complete stranger.
      Xe was quite sure there was a rule against talking to them, but was putting on a brave face for now.

That's what happens when I try to reason with people, they don't like it, and I eventually end up turning them to charcoal in the end...

• *Walking a few steps behind others that seemed to cause too much commotion for my taste with hands in pockets. Pick a piece of sweet grass along the way and chew it staring at the ground apparently counting my steps, unaware of a discussion but just looking up under my cowboy hat when one of present people hit a toe...one...twice...then get back to ignoring things
      On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

• Kin's face took on a confused expression.
      "You're a guy? Then why do you look so girly?"

Xe then looked thoughtul for a second.
      "Are you gay? Is that why?"
      Kin asked right out of the blue.

• Well, im sorry if im being a bit spiteful of the trip here, but honestly, where are we? actually, dont answer that question. Well, at least this place smells nice... *a buzzing is heard, and something is tingling his arm* whats that? *tries to swat it away, not realizing its a bee and getting stung* OW! UUUUGH.... well, at least its not very far...
      WHAT HAVE I DONE

• *mumble to myself referring to Xe's comment* How rude... *sigh when Jubelious (Ooc: I will have problem memorising this name so in advance I apologise) got stung and speak quietly to Sirilati still only paying attention to the road and number of steps* You should tell your friend up in front it will get swollen. These bees are something. *proceed chewing sweet grass*

• Kin merely shrugged, not realizing just how rude xir question was.
      Xe was getting quite restless by now, this path was going on forever!

Kin hung back, ready to complain to the only woman in the group.
      "If we don't get anywhere soon, the blind guy's going to have a bad time with the luck he's having."

Kin then looked up, noticing she was eating something.
      "What're you eating?"
      Xe asked simply.

• *raise an eyebrow wondering whatever the hell I did to scare Sirilati that much but shrug after a while finding out that (who would have thought) I don't give a damn* Eh well... *I felt that my legs as well became a bit tired and somewhat sour but I never though of complaining about meaningful thing like that. Stare indifferently at Kin processing his complain and shrug speaking in low flat tone* Give him some credits. How many blind people you know that can do things like this. *It was more of a claim so I never expected an answer. Stare some more after Xe spoke* It's a sweet grass. If you must know I chew it to make up for lost sugar without a need for water. Playing tricks you could say. *continue counting. It was now something over 2000 steps*

• *suddenly, he stops, and slowly turns to a cluster of trees to the left* wait... i think im... seeing. I cant smell or hear it... but theres something... over there, i think... although im not sure... I think this sting might just be getting to me. You know, i wasn't ALWAYS blind... hold on... i think i can kinda make it out more... its... like an outline... a large one... few details... but its all... purple and black... continues walking forawrd, but still staring at what he "saw", he bumps into a tree, and the odd thing is gone* ugh... yep, just my head...
      WHAT HAVE I DONE