What lies in darkness, will arise from light RP

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• *think* Well, Kin warned me about something that roams around here and wants us out. *frown* I saw that thing too and I do not want to cause panic but it's already getting pretty dark. I assume none of us wants to take any chances after everything that happened till now. We should find Jenkins and Jub as soon as possible and hopefully get the hell out of here. *sigh and rub head* But I have no idea where to look first. This place is huge! *after noticing Kin was a bit away, speak quietly* Listen... I don't know what the hell was that thing I saw down the hallway but I think we should keep our eyes and ears opened. Whoever used the gun ran madly and I hope they're ok.
      On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
    • "OH SHUT UP!"
      Roared a voice near the blind man, distorted into something hellish.
      "YOU'RE CRYING LIKE A LITTLE GIRL AND I HAVEN'T EVEN DONE ANYTHING!"

Before he could react, the voice continued.
      "I've already given one of your friends the key to the door, but if you don't stop giving me a headache, I'll have to shut you up, PERMANENTLY! Now, be good, stay quiet, and get out of my house by midnight, and maybe I won't rearrange your organs!"

Light footsteps were heard as the owner of the voice walked away from the blind man.

---------------------------------

Kin was at a bit of a loss. There wasn't anything s/he could use to grab the shiny thing.
      I'll have to grab it by hand, anyway... Maybe if I'm quick enough...

Hir hand shot into the mouse hole, closing around something metallic. As s/he did so, Kin felt a sharp pain, causing hir to withdraw hir hand with a yelp.
      Something bit hir, s/he could see the small bleeding bite-mark on the back of hir hand, most likely the mouse.

What Kin grabbed was apparently a keychain. Attached to it was one key, a small flashlight made mostly out of plastic, and a note.

Kin decided to read the note first, which was actually written quite elegantly, rather than as the scrawl s/he was expecting.

Blind man in the basement, crying like a little girl. Use key. Get him out before I decide to kill him. It's dark, can't be bothered to turn on power.

Next order of business was the flashlight. Kin unscrewed the cap, checking to see if the thing had batteries.
      It did, but apparently only held one at a time. It would probably not last long because of that.

"Um, guys...? I think someone's in the basement."
      Kin decided to say, holding out the note s/he found.

You know, most people call me insane...
      That's what happens when I try to reason with people, they don't like it, and I eventually end up turning them to charcoal in the end...

Why are you looking at me like that?

Despite popular belief, I did not draw the avatar I'm using. I can't draw.
    • *take the note and frown* Blind man? Jub? *rub forehead* Great, where to first. *think* We have two options. Split up again, or search for them one by one... *look at everyone* Suggestions?
      On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

• "NO!" Kin abruptly shouted. "That's a horrible idea! We'll be safer as a group!"

That's what happens when I try to reason with people, they don't like it, and I eventually end up turning them to charcoal in the end...

• OOC: His name is (Leeroy) Jenkins.

IC: "And if we separate, it'll be easier for whatever's out there to pick us off!"
      Kin said, raising hir voice.

• "I don't want anyone to die!" Kin all but shouted, tears in hir eyes.
      "But he could already be dead, for all we know!"

------------------------

The footsteps stopped in place, and an exasperated sigh was heard.
      "The master of this house." The voice said. "And... A researcher of sorts."

The footsteps returned, getting closer.
      "For fuck's sake, you really need to man up."

The owner of the voice lifted Jubelious up by the shirt, staring into his eyes.
      "I'm feeling generous for the time being. For a price, I might be tempted to restore your sight. Maybe you'll grow a pair and be less annoying if I do that."

• I take a few deep breaths, calming myself and looking apologetically at Tea.
      "You…… Do have a point. We know Jub is alive, and, from the sounds of the gunshots earlier, Jenkins may be dead or near dead, or possibly injured.
      We do not know how Jub is faring, however, so the question is, who do we gamble on?"
    • *frown* I hate this. One point when I wish I got the multiplication power. *think* Considering they're both alive... we got a mocking message on Jub's behalf which means he encountered whatever it is in this house, face to face now. It could be a trap as well though. As for Jenkins, if he made it through the gun fire and...*avoiding to say "spiky ass nightmare lizard" in frint of Kin*...things, he is military so he would probably know his way around things... *think and nod* This is hard but... I think Jenkins would endure being left alone longer, Jub wouldn't. I would go with Jub, then go back for Jenkins as soon as possible. Jub is blind, but if we encounter problems, we can carry him.

• *stops the sniveling* well... sight isnt EXACTLY an issue... when i was in and around the main floors of the hotel... or... mansion.. I apologize for my dreadful memory... but... *goes from talking to thinking* /what is up with this place? i mean, honestly... I have PARTIAL SIGHT... two colors, but in different shades to where.. everything is visible.../ *looks upwards* /...up there.../ OH! again, sorry, i zoned out for a little....
      WHAT HAVE I DONE

• *nod to Sirilati* Of course. I wouldn't leave anyone behind either. *reassure not wanting Kin to get upset* However... *smile* Jenkins is a tough nut I can tell. I do not think he would go so low to get beaten by a plain entity. We're all getting out of here. *look around* Now...anyone has ANY idea which way it the basement?

• *sigh* I know... Well how about we start with the common sense on this floor and down. No other way to actually find a place I'm afraid.