Rate this PC

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Rate this PC

I've ordered this PC -
      ASUS Z87-PRO
      i5-4670k
      Sapphire Radeon R9 280x 3GB Toxic
      Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz, 2x4GB
      Fractal Design R4
      3TB WD
      250GB Samsung SSD
      Windows 8.1
      Be Quiet 630W 80+ Bronze
      Anything wrong with it?
      What monitor should I get that wouldn't be a bottleneck?
      What would you rate this PC on scale from 1 to 10?( Meant for pure gaming, I do not have any plans for streaming/recording)
    • I'm going to write this as if you were asking pre-purchase, because really there's no point otherwise. You can always send stuff back.

8gb of RAM will bottleneck you a bit on that, may want to go for 16gb (RAM is cheap as chips anyway!). Get 8gb sticks if possible, it's a negligible price difference and leaves room for upgrades.
      Which WD is that? Greens are slow, Red/Black is what you want to look at.
      Which Samsung SSD is that? Highly recommend the 840 Pro series, I have their 120gb model and it's blazing fast.

One thing you may want to do: Grab a better brand PSU, remember you want to get one that's very reliable, if your PSU dies it could take half your rig with it. Also for your own sanity, get one that is as modular as possible. The only thing you don't need to be modular is the ATX wiring (the 24-pin and 4x2-pin stuff to your motherboard).

Motherboard is good, ASUS is a good brand. i5-4670k is a very nice CPU. 280x is a powerful card but not a big fan of Catalyst and you don't get PhysX benefits on ATI cards, down to preference with that mind you.

In terms of monitors, I have a BenQ GW2450, it's a very nice LED monitor that was very cheap too (£120~). 24" 1080p screen with DVI, VGA and HDMI inputs.
    • I bought that PSU because it was really cheap atm and you're right but I'm actually planning to buy another 280x and I'll buy a new PSU at the same time because 630 is not close enough for 280x CF. Thanks for replies I'll look into the monitor you mentioned!

EDIT: It's the Red one! And it's the 840 Pro series.

Also, do you think the GPU will do for maybe 1-2 months? Like.. can I play games like bf4 on max settings with a solid fps? I can still cancel the order so I'm just gonna ask, do you recommend the ASUS DC2 TOP or the one I picked? I've come to the conclusion that the ASUS one is for picky people, eg if you want it to be quiet and the sapphire is for performance.