Depression, anxiety, and autism

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Depression, anxiety, and autism

So, throughout my life, I have been dealing with autism. However, I am also suffering from depression and anxiety. I was diagnosed with depression when I was 18 and earlier this year I was diagnosed with anxiety. I can't let them take over my life, and I'm doing all I can to fight it. Most of the time my medications help to fight it off, but sometimes it doesn't. Anybody else dealing with the same problems that I have? I know how hard it is to deal with being mentally ill
      Meta and Nathan forever <3 I love you, babe :love:
    • Suffered from depression/anxiety for 7+ years, 3 years untreated.
      Came off my meds and sorted my head out with sheer stubbornness and the help of my friends.
      How I dealt with the bad times? I didn't I self harmed, I cried, I contemplated suicide, I was completely helpless. But the main thing is to cut all the crap out of your life. The friends to make drama, the situations you put yourself in to make yourself unhappy.
      10 months later and I'm in a happy, loving relationship, I have a job, a decent group of friends, and I cry maybe three times a month (as opposed to the usual once a day at least.)
      Anxiety is a little more difficult, I'm still recovering from that a little. I don't like being surrounded by people still unwillingly.

Autism, I can't help you with I'm afraid. I grew up and became friends with a lot of people who had autism, but it's honestly beyond me. (Unfortunately, Autism and Anxiety usually go hand and hand.)

Hope this helps, or at least puts your mind at ease a little.
      So uh. I write
    • Vicsyyy wrote:

Suffered from depression/anxiety for 7+ years, 3 years untreated.
      Came off my meds and sorted my head out with sheer stubbornness and the help of my friends.
      How I dealt with the bad times? I didn't I self harmed, I cried, I contemplated suicide, I was completely helpless. But the main thing is to cut all the crap out of your life. The friends to make drama, the situations you put yourself in to make yourself unhappy.
      10 months later and I'm in a happy, loving relationship, I have a job, a decent group of friends, and I cry maybe three times a month (as opposed to the usual once a day at least.)
      Anxiety is a little more difficult, I'm still recovering from that a little. I don't like being surrounded by people still unwillingly.

Autism, I can't help you with I'm afraid. I grew up and became friends with a lot of people who had autism, but it's honestly beyond me. (Unfortunately, Autism and Anxiety usually go hand and hand.)

Hope this helps, or at least puts your mind at ease a little.
      TL;DR

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/alphanthesis

Add me! I won't accept you at all!:thumbsup: