Which headphones to buy? Help?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Which headphones to buy? Help?

Out of the three, which one do you think is the best pair of headphones? 9
      Sades SA-902 (8) 89%
      Technet (1) 11%
      Somic G927 (0) 0%
    Hello bros, I'm a new user to the forums (registered), but I've been following threads and stuff for a while. Anyway, getting to the point. I have separate mic from my Headphones, and it makes a mess on my desk with all the wires, so I wanted to buy a pair of Heaphones that have the microphone incorporated. I saw that there was a thread down below asking the same stuff, but his budget was FAR higher that what I can spend and no one explained the stats, so I don't know what to do D: . So far I found a few ones, but I don't understand the specs so I don't know whether they are good or not.I f anyone could help me pick out a pair of headphones or help me find another pair I would be forever grateful :D

If you wanna help me look for OTHER headphones, the only requirements are:
    The headphones must be USB
    They must have a microphone
    They must be between 20-30 pounds

*EDIT*
    Most people seem to be choosing the three headphones down below, if you could please check them out, vote and maybe tell me why you think they're good?

Sades SA-902

Somic G927

Technet

Thanks in advance.

StealthBound
    I'm a 14 year old Youtuber looking for a good microphone :P
    If you wanna help me out on my search click here.
    If you wanna check me out on youtube click HERE.

The post was edited 8 times, last by StealthBound ().

• :thumbup:

Dano wrote:

I used these for a couple years before switching to something more "professional",so to say.

They're fairly good for the price and can take quite a beating [or a chewing,if you have a dog that likes plastic stuff...].
    Here's a test so you can hear how they sound.
    Also,while at it,you might want to download Audacity to edit your commentary following this guide.

They're alright from what I see, what I was kinda looking for a pair that were maybe one level higher...
    And edit in what way? I have started to use it in my few last videos and I like it. If your referring to how deep my voice is and that I should edit that, I can't be arsed to edit that much, I'm sorry...

Ritual Lobotomy wrote:

From what you have here, Sades

I thought they looked pretty good as well, just aesthetically though, because as I said earlier on I don't know what Headphone specs mean :P .

Yeah I thought these and the Sades look kinda similar, the only downside to both these pairs is that they don't have noise reduction, but I guess it's cool even if they don't have it...

The post was edited 3 times, last by StealthBound ().

• These work fairly well, I use them. They are PC and Mac compatible. All I can say is if your recording with these, just make sure you sound on them is turned down, I accidently killed a recording by them being too loud recording what I was doing. Other then that, they rock.

walmart.com/ip/Cyber-Acoustics…Headset-Boom-Mic/14205953
    Check out me and my friend's channel?: youtube.com/channel/UCmVJe03kxIPNU-YynKnBr8Q
  • JinseiClover wrote:

These work fairly well, I use them. They are PC and Mac compatible. All I can say is if your recording with these, just make sure you sound on them is turned down, I accidently killed a recording by them being too loud recording what I was doing. Other then that, they rock.

walmart.com/ip/Cyber-Acoustics…Headset-Boom-Mic/14205953

Thanks for the reply, even though I'm looking for something a bit more... Solid... Like for everyday use, a pair that I'll never take off. And as much as I would like them I wouldn't be able to buy 'em, I don't live in America, so I can't buy from Walmart.
  • Hello StealthBound,

As I said in a recent post, I would reccommend something from Razer, and I would strongly advise against Turtle Beaches. While the quality is great, the cord makes me sad inside.

After a period of time, the headphones degrade somewhat. The worst part of the headsets is the wire. Throughout time, the wire will coil in on itself, and the rubber sheathing starts to tear off. This ends up making the sound quality far worse.

Moral of the story, don't get turtle beaches.
    *Insert really clever signature here*
  • :S

smk730 wrote:

Hello StealthBound,

As I said in a recent post, I would reccommend something from Razer, and I would strongly advise against Turtle Beaches. While the quality is great, the cord makes me sad inside.

After a period of time, the headphones degrade somewhat. The worst part of the headsets is the wire. Throughout time, the wire will coil in on itself, and the rubber sheathing starts to tear off. This ends up making the sound quality far worse.

Moral of the story, don't get turtle beaches.

Cool, thanks for the tip. I'll remember it for the future. Only problem with Razors is that they're too expensive for my budget :wacko:
  • Your Pet Squid wrote:

I have to go with the "Sades" headset, they look really comfortable and pretty cool, in my opinion. I'd buy them to replace my Razer headset once they break. amazon.co.uk/Sades-SA-902-Surr…1&keywords=usb+headphones

Thanks, those are the pair I was thinking of as well. Now I've found another pair as well by Technet:
    amazon.co.uk/TeckNet%C2%AE-Cha…ywords=tecknet+headphones
  • If money wasn't an issue I'd say go for the Razor Kraken 7.1 surround sound. Such an eargasm... only complaint I have is that there is no volume control on the headset itself and they are quite powerful. Mic doesn't pick up any sounds coming from the headphones themselves and the recording quality in my opinion is really good. (Only been at it a few months so I'm no expert on this lawls)

I recently saw the Razor Kraken Pro (pretty much the same but no surround sound) on sale on Amazon for about $40.00 (USA dollars). If I wasn't stuck using my phone at work I would hunt down the link and post it for ya.

Good luck in your hunt!
    "From childhood's hour, I have not been as others were
    I have not seen as other have" - Edgar Allen Poe, "Alone"

(>^_^(vO_o)> Surprise Butt Sex

Phoenix Flames Plays

FaceBook
  • Phoenix Flames wrote:

If money wasn't an issue I'd say go for the Razor Kraken 7.1 surround sound. Such an eargasm... only complaint I have is that there is no volume control on the headset itself and they are quite powerful. Mic doesn't pick up any sounds coming from the headphones themselves and the recording quality in my opinion is really good. (Only been at it a few months so I'm no expert on this lawls)

I recently saw the Razor Kraken Pro (pretty much the same but no surround sound) on sale on Amazon for about $40.00 (USA dollars). If I wasn't stuck using my phone at work I would hunt down the link and post it for ya.

Good luck in your hunt!

If money wasn't an issue I'd be buying over £100 headphones :D. I checked on Amazon both of them, and Razor Kraken Pro cost around £60, while the Razor Kraken £70-80. They look smexy but far outta my range. I also went on your channel to see how the voice came out from the Razor Kraken, and it sounded very good.
  • I was looking at reviews for Headsets that looked "fairly" decent and the Perixx AX-2000 was rated pretty well

amazon.co.uk/Perixx-AX-2000B-G…eywords=gaming+headset+pc

and the Creative HS800 Fata1ity was rated fairly high for the price range as well,

amazon.co.uk/Creative-Fatal1ty…eywords=gaming+headset+pc

I have not tested either of them, but the reviews on Amazon, Youtube and other places said they were good for the price.

EDIT: I am also basing these off of sound quality, and not-so-much the design, so if you feel the looks are important, then go with the others, I just have had a bad time basing Headphones partially off of looks since I used to have the Diablo III Steelseries Headset, but it wasn't very durable and broke after a short period of time; just a little warning.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Fruken'Fracker ().

• Fruken'Fracker wrote:

I was looking at reviews for Headsets that looked "fairly" decent and the Perixx AX-2000 was rated pretty well

and the Creative HS800 Fata1ity was rated fairly high for the price range as well,

I have not tested either of them, but the reviews on Amazon, Youtube and other places said they were good for the price.

EDIT: I am also basing these off of sound quality, and not-so-much the design, so if you feel the looks are important, then go with the others, I just have had a bad time basing Headphones partially off of looks since I used to have the Diablo III Steelseries Headset, but it wasn't very durable and broke after a short period of time; just a little warning.

Fruken'Fracker wrote:

I was looking at reviews for Headsets that looked "fairly" decent and the Perixx AX-2000 was rated pretty well

Yeah, I think specs always come before looks, but if they look amazing and have fairly good specs, I'll take 'em. The only problem with both of them is that they're not USB... :/ Thanks for the help though!
  • Fruken'Fracker wrote:

Doesn't your PC have a sound card, or even one integrated into the Motherboard?

Heck, some PC's have the Headphone and Audio jack on the front.

First off, I don't have a PC, I have a Mac Mini, which doesn't support the normal microphone line input because average to normal microphones have a low "profile", and Mac/Mac Mini only supports high "profile" microphones, which are kind of like what pewdie uses. PCs have low "profile" input, so they take such a thing. Mac doesn't... That's why I need a USB.