So iv just started Universty....

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• So iv just started Universty....

Hey there bro's

So I just started University and I moved into my apartment

My dad owns the apartment so im not sharing it with anyone which to me is awesome :D

I dont get any other financial support apart from like allowance from my mum and dad and thats it. It's kind of tough because im pretty limited compared to my friends who get like financial support from the government and can afford to party like every night

I havent actually started my course yet (Creative Technologies) but induction day is on Wednesday and im kind of nervous because I dont know anyone at this University which in some ways is a good thing. No one knows you and you can sort of start fresh :)

I'm currently settling in and getting used to being on my own, i admit at times it gets kind of lonely but I can always come to the PewDiePie Forums and get a nice welcome and conversation with you all

But yeah so far so good

Is anyone else starting University or College?
    • I'm starting my second year at the end of the month :)
      I can't believe you're staying alone in your first year! But I guess it's kinda cool and independant. Are you having to pay board at your apartment or is it all free? And no one really parties every night. If you did that, you'd get a really sh*tty grade at the end of the year and get into bad habits ;) Although once or twice a week is fine, I guess (':
      Resisting the urge to put sentimental song lyrices here
      youtube.com/user/HeatherCantGame
    • Finishing 4-month vacation in 15 days and starting 2nd year ^^ going strong and can't wait...I got tired of relaxing xD
      On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
    • heathercantgame wrote:

I'm starting my second year at the end of the month :)
      I can't believe you're staying alone in your first year! But I guess it's kinda cool and independant. Are you having to pay board at your apartment or is it all free? And no one really parties every night. If you did that, you'd get a really sh*tty grade at the end of the year and get into bad habits ;) Although once or twice a week is fine, I guess (':
      Luckily my dad actually owns the apartment so I stay free, he's had the apartment for 8 years so it turned out to be a pretty good investment in the end so I dont have to pay like heating bills and electricity bills or anything my dad sorts all that out which is pretty lucky for me, other than that id be eating dry pasta and rice for a couple of months.

In Ireland your considered uber weird if you dont go out a minimum of 5 nights a week, normal if you go 6-7 (in college of course) so I dont know what to expect when my course actually starts who I might meet

I might meet sensible people who enjoy a quite drink or 2 in the local pub, or meet a bunch of like nutcase's who drink and party like theres no tomorrow

I understand though, personally partying is ok I guess but I couldnt do it every other night and every other week, my mental and physical health would just....i dont even want to know :P
    • Ooooooooooooooooh Irish. Hahahah okay, if it's like that there then fair enough xD I've found that most people calm down at university and don't go out as much, like I said, one or two nights a week. Saying that, you do get those who have just left home and have obviously had strict parents, so they just go wild and are out every night. I don't understand how they afford it, but whatever! Maybe I should stop spending money on games and clothes so I can go out more (': Then again, there's only 2 or 3 good nights out here, so i don't feel like I'm missing out :P
      Resisting the urge to put sentimental song lyrices here
      youtube.com/user/HeatherCantGame
    • Chargun wrote:

I understand though, personally partying is ok I guess but I couldnt do it every other night and every other week, my mental and physical health would just....i dont even want to know :P[/b][/size]
      Wow o.o, congrats, you are officially detected as normal and reasonable person :thumbup:
      On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
    • Ahh! awesome good luck to you! supposedly I was going to go this year to Uni, but as you've probably gathered it's a bit late for that! (': I never initially knew what I wanted to do, so I'm taking a year out, hopefully I'll understand by next year where I'm headed!

I've been a Bro since before 1million and will always be. Pewdie's videos helped me so much and I'm grateful.
    • NerderAlert wrote:

Ahh! awesome good luck to you! supposedly I was going to go this year to Uni, but as you've probably gathered it's a bit late for that! (': I never initially knew what I wanted to do, so I'm taking a year out, hopefully I'll understand by next year where I'm headed!
      I spent 2 weeks at uni doing computer science before I decided it wasn't for me and took a gap year and wen't back to do animation.

Anyway my first year was the best.. have fun, make friends and get used to living life without parents. Most important lesson to learn isn't anything you'll learn in lectures; managing money. Sounds like you know that's going to be tough with out the loans and grants.. I didn't over do the going out and once I had a core group of friends we'd just hang out at my house to party cheaply :)

^My game/film documentary/review series... check it out!
    • I'm a Computer Science student and hell, college is too busy for me. I cannot upload daily. I'm always too sleepy. My sched for recording is fcked up. Heck, I can't even make clips for RPM spotlight. Damnit. College is good and preparation for my life in the future, I want to give my best and don't want to lose scholarship.:/

About YouTube, whenever I got a freetime like 2-3hrs. I'll be spending that time to play and record so I can have stock videos on my HDD. Uploading is the toughest. 6hrs because I have a crappy internet.
    • I go to university and am studying a masters degree at this point - i do try and go out as often as possible, but others don't really realise that i do like to game. I'm an avid gamer (that you could call a geek but not an antisocial geek) and that i do wanna spend time just chilling and doing my own thing

However i do love going out and i do love clubbing and stuff, sheffield (the city in the UK i study + live at) has an amazing nightlife, so yeah.
    • I just started my second semester and I live with my parents (and now my sister as well) since the University's quite near my house. Doesn't really feel like anything has changed, 'cept classes are now air conditioned and I don't need to wear uncomfortable and ugly uniforms. >.>
      o3o sup
      no siggy atm, sry
    • Charleyzard wrote:

During first year you have to go a little wild, your marks that year don't count as long as you pass.

Lies!! :P I was told this in my first year and then when I went out to get a job everyone asked me for all my grades for each module throughout the entire degree including first year so my advice would be to definitely work semi-hard in first year.

Maybe not as hard as second and third year because, yeah, your grades might not count towards your final degree but they are often asked for when you start looking for a job and you might have to provide a full transcript so always looks better to have decent grades in your first year.

Not trying to be a killjoy or anything but just as a heads up to any prospective students out there reading this thread :)