LGBT Support, for those who need it.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• LGBT Support, for those who need it.

Hi everyone! Most of the old users know me as the flaming gay guy around, who has been creating a few threads here based on the community support, and I thought one for the LGBT people (Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals and Transgender) around would be nice.

Like I said, I'm a gay guy, who completely lives with it, made his coming out, has a boyfriend and is totally happy with the way it is. But it hasn't always been like this, of course. The recent tendency for homosexuality and so called "different" sexual orientations to raise their voice brought a lot of media attention, and so people's one, with a raise of homophobic acts, hatred, etc.
      It is the beginning of a new era for LGBTs as gay marriage tends to spread, but also with a deeper opposition. Family, friends, social environment, not all of the LGBTs can speak out their true selves, or are too afraid.

Here's your thread, to ask questions, to understand who you are, to see what to do or show your support. Be careful : this is not a sexual advice thread, so keep it smooth. And if you're too ashamed to post here, you can PM me.

And as suggested by Misfit the White, here is a bit of informations (dated on the 12th of September, 2013) on gay rights around the world :

Display Spoiler
      At today's date, 18 States in the world allow gay marriage :
      1. Argentina
      2. Belgium
      3. Brazil
      4. Canada
      5. Denmark
      6. France
      7. Iceland
      8. Mexico, in the municipalities of Mexico City, Quinta Roo and Coahuila only
      9. Netherlands
      10. New Zealand
      11. Norway
      12. Portugal
      13. South Africa
      14. Spain
      15. Sweden
      16. United Kingdom (passed by Parliament but upcoming mid-2014)
      17. USA in the States of California, Connecticut, Delaware, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington only (without counting the Discrict of Columbia, few countries in New Mexico and 6 Native American tribal jurisdictions)
      18. Uruguay
      The same-sex marriage is also recognized in Israel if pronounced abroad.

Civil unions and registered partnerships can also be pronounced in Andorra, Australia, Austria, Colombia, Czech Republic, Greenland, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Isle of Man, Mexico in the state of Colima, Jersey, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Slovenia, Switzerland, U.K, USA in the states of Colorado/Hawaii/Illinois/New Jersey/Nevada/Oregon/Wisconsin and in Venezuela.

You can see on this map the countries supporting LGBT rights, the ones opposing, and the neutrals/unknown.

Iran, Mauritania, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Yemen, Parts of Nigeria, Gambia, Somalia are the 8 countries where being homosexual is punishable by death.

Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Comoros, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Gaza Strip under Palestinian Authority, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, Russia, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent & the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Kiribati, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Cook Islands are the 75 countries were being homosexual is a legal crime.

The post was edited 5 times, last by Kahisys ().

• Misfit the White wrote:

In France, are their legal rights to marry? If not, is any progress being made on those rights? And what states in the USA allow you to marry someone of the same gender? I figure some people would like to know that.
      Woop, added some knowledge up in the main post. In the case of France, it has been legalized since May but people are still going in the streets against it and a lot of mayors bluntly refuse to marry homosexuals, going against the law.
    • I am straight and all, but man I have to say respect on this one :) This is great idea. I would personally wish LGBT people are treated like normal people for a change. It disgust me how primitive some people are. You all rock big time and stay true ^^ Peace :)
      On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
    • Man Kahisys! your thread will be great and supportive to a lot of people
      Here in the Philippines the government is pretty bad so we might expect the gay marriage here since our president signed the RH Bill that many of us hated... :( Scumbag Government here
      But your thread seems to be the hope of other kinds of bros here
      I'm straight and I approve this!

• I'm gay but seriously, sometimes I can see why some people just hate LGBT people. There's this guy in my class that is like 100% stereotypical gay. Not saying it's a bad thing, but he always brings up him being gay. Like if you say something about him he's saying "that's because you're HOMOPHOBIC" lol And he's being serious.

I just wish people didn't judge a group of people by just knowing one.
    • Darkbloom wrote:

I'm gay but seriously, sometimes I can see why some people just hate LGBT people. There's this guy in my class that is like 100% stereotypical gay. Not saying it's a bad thing, but he always brings up him being gay. Like if you say something about him he's saying "that's because you're HOMOPHOBIC" lol And he's being serious.

I just wish people didn't judge a group of people by just knowing one.

Guess that guy just want attention and thinks it's a good way to bring up his sexual orientation to accomplish that. He's trying too hard it seems :P It's like every possible problem in the world; someone tries too hard for others to pay attention to him/her and make everyone else look bad -.-
      I don't believe in stereotypes, just bad examples that's all :)
      On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
    • Im not gay or in any of those categories, but i respect them and think they should be respected by everyone for who they and not because of their sexuality. its disgusting. I've seen so many homophobic people talk about them like their just objects who dont matter. well they do. my best friend is bisexual but i dont care, she is so awesome, i respect her and love her like a sister. i would do anything to stick up for her if anyone said something remotely homophobic about her, they have no right to talk about anyone behind their back because of their sexuality. they deserved to be treated better than they are. but homophobic still exist and we wont be able to get rid of them for good, but what we can do is support LGBT. some people really need to get it nailed into their head that times have changed and not like they used to be, gay people have rights now. yes you will get a couple of annoying ones who, if anyone says something about them, will just call them homophobic, ok they might be but then other some people aren't but this are just a minority. your an awesome person kahi and im really glad you put this up :)
      blah ... :P
    • The Woman wrote:

L(esbians) G(ay) B(isexulas) T(ranssexuals). Where is the support for asexuals?
      Well asexuals basically just aren't sexually active, which is, for the commoner, kinda hard to believe (humans remain animals following their instict of reproduction and their hormones after all).
      I'll be honest : I never thought they needed support since pretty much all they have to deal with is people's disbelief towards their lack of sexual activity, I never really heard of people being bullied/attacked/discriminated because they just weren't attracted to anything.

Maybe they do? I don't know. But hey, anyone can ask for support here. :D
    • You'd be surprised just how much people can be ignorant about the asexuals. It's worse than being homo or transsexual, because most people simply cannot understand that you just don't want to have sex and you end up being a freak. They think that being asexual means also that you don't need a romantic relationship. Of course, some asexuals are also antiromantic and they don't have the need to have a boyfriend/girlfriend. Asexuals acually need support, too, because they also have reasons to be afraid. Some of it is the fear of getting bullyied and the other fears like "if I will ever find a partner who will love me for who I am?", "What about kids and marriage?", "will my partner/husband/wife cheat on me, beacuse they can't have sex with me?" and many others. Asexuals actually need support and they keep getting forgotten by everyone.