I'm Opening Up...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• I'm Opening Up...

A few months ago I was diagnose with depression. I've been struggling with it since I was about 15 when I tried to commit Suicide and now its resurfacing and I'm tired of feeling this way. I've tried a few anti depressants but so far no luck. Why am I telling you this? I need help finding some way to cope with this without putting all this pressure on best friend. I use to have a whole system of support online with fellow youtubers but they've all stopped talking to me. I just need some help and I know you bros are super helpful, I've seen some of the responses to other threads.

Thank you bros in advance *brofist*
      Come at me Barrels! I am invincible!
    • I could be a part of your YouTuber Support Group v2.0, haha.

Best advice I can really think of off the top of my head is just dedicate time to your passions. I can go more in-depth with it, but I personally feel like it's a more one-on-one kind of conversation than a public forum one. :)
    • Let me share a quote, and just tell me what you think.
      ''Basically, we are all responsible for the preservation of our personal joy; but happiness is different. Joy is not circumstantial, happiness is. You can be depressed and still have joy. You can be suicidal and still have joy. We all stop thinking and we all stop talking and we all stop sharing and we all stop creating, because by doing any ofthese things we quickly find out just how unhappy we are. But that’s okay. That’s normal. Don’t let the fear of unhappiness cripple your pursuit of finding what it is you believe. Since joy is found in belief, we all have to push through unhappiness to find joy.''
    • Thank you guys. Its really nice to hear this support from random strangers I've barely talked too. I also have social Anxiety in person, I'm basically like Mikeys video, online I'm me but when I'm in public I'm awkward. My friend thinks its cute I hate it!

I love gaming, and I'm happy when I'm gaming, doing graphics and making videos but I get sad because I dont know if people like them and I want to entertain, I've always wanted to entertain. Not to mention these swings affect my ablity to entertain. Ugh I'm just so sick of it.

but THANK YOU bros... you guys are an awesome support group :)
    • Youtube is such a hard place to relieve feelings of anxiety or sadness. Deep down there is obviously sooooo much pressure with wanting to be noticed and in some ways you want to leave your mark on the community. The thing is that expectations of what Youtube is for Youtubers has gone a little crazy lately.

Everyone thinks that you need millions to be awesome and happy. The thing is can you picture what it would be like if you put all your fans in a room and stood infront of them?

At the moment BluJay you have over 1000 followers, which in most cases is a sell out show for most entertainers! You should be extremely proud of your achievements! Just pause and think for a second. You have...over...1000 people who care about what you say and do that they are willing to spend time out of their own lives to see what you come up with.

These fans will generally go to the edge of existance to show how much they love you like any Youtuber and their fanbase has. Knowing that 1000 people on this planet smile through your work is something to be extremely proud of. You made it! You are a Youtuber! Now get out there, smile and keep people smiling through your passion for gaming and graphics!

And as I like to say to everyone...STAY AWESOME! :D
      There is always time for muffins.
    • Don't think your alone here *hugs* I've been there and back again.. I was diagnosed with many personality disorders which lead to horrible depression and anxiety from losing my close friends when I was 11-12 years old. It lead into a 5 year horror story of my parents dragging me to psychologists and giving me every kind of drug you can name with horrific side effects. I'v tried to end it on multiple occasions, but every day that I am still here and breathing makes me stronger. I am so thankful for everything I have now and that I now know I can make it through life. Things will get better, that start begins with you. Just keep those near you who accept you for you, and keep doing what you love. If others don't like it, you need to learn to say 'screw them!'. It will be hard at first, but it will only make you stronger.

Keep gaming, and keep your head up. Stick with your passion and just try to let everything else go. It may take a long time, it took me close to 5 years before I could say "F-You!" to all the worries and fears and doubts in my life, and I still sometimes have to battle it to this day. But it does get better, you will grow stronger, and these experiences will only mold you into a more honest caring and understanding person so that one day you can help someone who was one in your shoes.

Keep doing what you love, look to the future, and above all else: be yourself.
      "From childhood's hour, I have not been as others were
      I have not seen as other have" - Edgar Allen Poe, "Alone"

(>^_^(vO_o)> Surprise Butt Sex

Phoenix Flames Plays

FaceBook
    • BlueJayOnToast wrote:

I also have social Anxiety in person, I'm basically like Mikeys video, online I'm me but when I'm in public I'm awkward. My friend thinks its cute I hate it!

That's what I love about YouTube. Out of all the videos I've made people have told me that video connected to them on a personal level the most. You can connect to people in such a personal and unique way that you can't with TV and Movies. And I believe the more you do this, the more connections you're going to make, just like here.

Oh BTW, I heard you wanted to touch Alan's butt.
      YOUTUBE CHANNEL
      Weekly Comedy Skit & Impressionist YouTuber - Check out my channel YouTube.com/MikeySmithTV
    • Proxy: I do feel happy that I have over 1,000 subs but none of them actually watch. A while back some kid was trying to get me to do graphics for him and wanted to basically buy my graphic services for forever and so he put a google ad campaign on my account and I gained a crazy amount of ghost subs. I cant get rid of them and I'm not growing because of them.

Phoenix Flames: I like your name first off, second off thank you. Sometimes hearing your not alone just makes you feel a little better. I feel pretty happy when I'm recording the videos but then they publish and I feel sad. There are other things that make me upset and I change my mood so quickly. I will always be myself tho, when I play horror games thats why I dont scream crazy loud.

Mikey: I do want to touch Alans butt...its Alan freakin Wake!
    • I've been there so I know how you feel :(

I know somedays you'll feel like you want to give up, but please don't. It's so hard and no one really understands, other
      than those who have been through it too.

I had mild depression from the age of 14 which then became full-on unbearable at around the age of 17.
      (My mum died when I was 16 making things so much worse to say the least!)

Anyway, in the short term, having a job helped keep me busy so that I couldn't feel that way, but as soon as I had
      a day off or I was on my own at home, it would come back.
      I had it so bad and finally after 4 years of severe depression I was ready to get help.

(I had been heavily considering suicide and I just didn't want to be here anymore.
      I was in a constant black hole of despair although I hid it really well).

Last year I started therapy, and finished this summer and I can honestly say that I am a different person.
      I wasn't forced to go, I went on my own terms and my counsellor was so, so lovely. He really cared
      about me and he really went out of his way to help me

I never took antidepressants as they only work on the symptoms not the cause. They're not a cure...

Long story short, I'm finally happy after years and years of depression. It does get better and you will be okay!
      Watch Me Play Music and Stuff: youtube.com/user/KattStrike
      <3<3<3
    • BlueJayOnToast wrote:

I use to have a whole system of support online with fellow youtubers but they've all stopped talking to me.

Welcome to the club Katie.
      You know that i am here for you - i have been here since the start and hell i aint abandoning you, especially in your current state.
      Just send me a message, vent to me, i'll be here to listen and help you as much as i can.
      Love you dear <3
    • First of all let me tell you what I've gone through in my life. My parents were fighting all the time when I was a kid and they got divorced, there wasnt a lot of money in my country back then, so there wasnt any jobs at all. We were poor then and all I could do is just to hang outside and do pretty much nothing. I didn't have a Playstation or PC when I was little, to be honest I got my internet one month before I went to high school. My mother was taking all sorts of pills so she could stay calm. Now the situation is much better, they are both working, the life is going fine even though they are divorced, I go to my dad every once in a while. Even then I wasn't happy, I needed something so I could stay calm and not be sad all the time, I found my save heaven in youtube, there I could just be myself, and talk and take that burden of my back. I suggest that you just take that burden of your chest, talk to people, find some activities that will keep you busy and just stop caring about silly things around you and be happy. Planet Earth is great and full of things to see and do. Set yourself a goal and follow that goal / dream til the end, and never EVER give up from it.

• Mechanical Android wrote:

We're all brothers and bro's here so just don't be afraid to talk to us when in need
      And ignore the barrels that lurk here sometimes they just make your days worse O_O
      thank you all for the warm support and dont worry I have no intention of suicide.

One thing I've noticed that doesnt help is my roomate is all of a sudden just...terrible. She use to be one of my best friends and now shes just...the biggest freaking barrel ever. She stays in her room all the time, never comes out, door shut. Doesnt clean up after herself and all she does is talk about partying with her friends from work. Not to mention shes on a bakers schedule which means shes asleep by 6PM leaves by 1AM and she basically passively aggressively tweets at me if I have people over. Thats right instead of talking to me she tweets about how obnoxious I am.
    • Relationships between room mates can take a turn for the worse so quickly, mine never really recovered and I found that once I moved out I never talked to them again. Yet until that point of no return which I don't even know when everything changed we'd all been friends.
      hread
      Personally I have always found it easier to open up with strangers and to fellow forum members, you get to so quickly see how many people are willing to take the time to chat when life might not be taking the best turns for you personally. Even if i'm late to the party reading through the thread it looks like things are looking up at least.
      When all else fails a good hug can always help too!

^My game/film documentary/review series... check it out!