The Future of Technology, A New Hope...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• The Future of Technology, A New Hope...

So I heard this a while back and I think this is really exciting! It is believed that we will start surveying asteroids in 2015 for precious minerals and the like and in 2016 we'll be able to start mining them! For me this is unbelievably ecstatic news what with resource expenditure going through the roof and that we will run out one day. Now I know that not much will be extracted from these asteroids, only about a ton or so per load if I remember correctly but it is definitely a start.

I don't know bro's. This made me giddy and actually regain a little bit of hope for us human people. Kinda reminds me of EVE :P

Another thing that got me was the creation of a completely synthetic cell. Which could be used for pretty much anything in the medical field given the right research and time put into it.

Oh! And another thing... Lasers... on warplanes... also in development 8o

Anyone else know on any other amazing technologies in development? Would love to know :D
    • Yeah, technology grew so much in past couple of years. 50 years ago, if anyone said "Hey, people will soon invent something that looks like a phone, but it doesn't have any wires. That phone won't have any buttons, you will only touch with your fingers on a piece of glass. And it'll be called iPhone" they would stare at you with a wierd look and lock you in some mental hospital. But that is how it is... Technology is growing fast.

And yeah... I know something about new technology. There is a man who was researching spiders for a lot of years, and he was fascinated with spider web (we all know that spider web is harder than steel). So he decided to add a spider DNK into a goat. Yeah, a GOAT. The goats look normal, but the secret is in their milk. When they get milk from those goats, the milk is going through some processes and at the end they get a pure spider slik. They will now try to make bulletproof vest (armour) because it's already proven that spider web is really harder than steel. They say that this will be the most advanced bulletproof vest ever made. I don't know if I should link something here but...
      Video This is a video of that man making spider web and the whole proces is shown.
      This is just a proof of how fast the technology is growing... I mean, REALLY??? we started to combine two animals into one.
      Well fcuk...

Email me: [email protected]
      *brofist*
    • Well I guess the best article on that matter I read is the one about flying cars. They say those will soon be released because several people order them already o.o
      Necessary thing? Personally I don't think so. But it does sound interesting :) Hope it will be ecological enough though.
      On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
    • Justicar Ukrist wrote:

Flying Cars O_o sounds a bit too starkish to me ;P

Oh no, it's true (at least they say so...there's a sweet-ass picture of it too. Looks awesome). Swear on my slinky sprung o.o
      On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

• Ritual Lobotomy wrote:

Justicar Ukrist wrote:

Flying Cars O_o sounds a bit too starkish to me ;P

Oh no, it's true (at least they say so...there's a sweet-ass picture of it too. Looks awesome). Swear on my slinky sprung o.o

Yeah... That flying cars that you see in sci-fi movies will soon be reality.
      And by the way, here is the pic.
      Images
      • yee-flying-car-2_1IuGa_48.jpg

66.62 kB, 550×407, viewed 98 times
      Well fcuk...

Email me: [email protected]
      *brofist*
    • Sounds cool man :) Definetely gonna be of help to us :)

Also continueing from ADutchGuy's comment, there is actually a project worth (I think) Multi-billion dollars which is where loads of big high tech companies have come together to make a house to show what everyones house will be like in __ decades. It's pretty awesome. Nearly everything in the house can be controlled from little screens in nearly every room. You can wake up, turn over, press a few buttons and your shower is starting to run so that it can warm up. You can check the weather whilst brushing you teeth, for instance, in the morning due to screens built into mirrors. It's really awesome :D
      Check me out on YouTube! EternityStubbers! goo.gl/8Wjr3A If you like my videos hit the thumbs up button and SUBSCRIBE! It's Free!
    • MercenariesPro wrote:

And this is,, from Corning,, i really like this,, my teacher show me this,, They said it's already available at the market,, but, don't want to release it now,, still wait,,

Wow, it's been a while since I saw something as awesome as this lol. Really cool :D

• Woh! That looks awesome. So pretty much in the future nearly everything is gonna have a screen on it aswell :P I actually found out the other day, I think this is in japan, where there is actually shops where the shelves are touch screen so you walk around and pick what you want on the touchscreens then why you go to the till to pay someone comes out to you with all of the stuff you wanted loaded into a trolley/bags. That sounds so awesome.
      Check me out on YouTube! EternityStubbers! goo.gl/8Wjr3A If you like my videos hit the thumbs up button and SUBSCRIBE! It's Free!
    • MercenariesPro wrote:

And this is,, from Corning,, i really like this,, my teacher show me this,, They said it's already available at the market,, but, don't want to release it now,, still wait,,

I gotta say that this must be one the most impressive concepts I have ever seen. I hope it does come true and goes global for everyone everywhere. There are so many things right with it. Not only the technology but the economical and environmental implications are all positive! I'll give it max of 20 years.