The big problem with "life"

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• The big problem with "life"

I feel limited, well doesn't everyone.

whenever I have time to think about A LOT of things I end up asking to myself "what is the meaning of life?" (I'm 100% positive that every person has pretty much asked themselves this) I don't or at least never until now felt limited asking myself this, I usually or at least used to think that the meaning of life is to live it the way you want and the way you'd be happy to, which makes sense because who wouldn't say that that's why we live. but about a week ago I got randomly depressed because I was thinking "why cant this n that happen" (I wasn't thinking about the meaning of life or really any thing else really deep) so I eventually forgot about it n was on my merry way... the end :D, or was it? :O

not too long ago I posted something on this forum about "what would be the perfect present for your birthday? " (this isn't the what made me feel limited, it's what I wrote that led me to posting this) so I wrote what I thought what would I want and at the end I put in brackets because I felt like (I might as well be asking for infinite cash) <--- that's what I typed, then I thought that having infinite cash was pretty much impossible because cash is limited (you probably might know what I'm gonna type next)... *sigh*

"life" or at least what we think or I think of it is limited, either that it is physically impossible to happen or there is just a limit stopping us, there is a limit to what we can do, where we can go, see, touch, taste, have, give... time.

to me its hard thinking that I cant do or have what I want because its either impossible by physics, its impossible by limits, we only live for a limit, like any other animal or most living form we know, longer or shorter limits, it doesn't matter because its still there stopping me, stopping you, stopping us, stopping pretty much everything

I know you will probably be thinking or probably even going to reply to me "I already know about limits and I just think you should chill out" which i will probably do and forget about this post for a little, but to me, knowing that that limit is always there in everything makes me feel the thing that started this, me and everything else and will eventually stop all of this, me and everything... limits... I feel limited.

please tell me and whoever reads how you feel about the problems of "life" and maybe how you feel about limits.

*brofist* to all who reads and the next time you or I see each others usernames and possibly talk to each other, I hope we may not thing about this topic depending on the occasion
    • Problems in life are not going to haunt you forever they will just fade in time
      These problems can be caused by ourselves or others

And about the limits yes our abilities have limits because I think God does not want us to be greater than him or surpass him
      That's what limits for us are for

And that's my opinion *brofist!

• I think that everyone feels limited sometimes. It's completely normal!

We all have the "this is never going to happen to me, what's the point?" etc, feelings and times, but what's important it to not let it weigh you down.

To me the meaning of life is knowledge and learning. We learn everyday, whether it be big or small and we will continue to do so until we die.
      (You can't stop it, you can try, but we learn, adapt and improve constantly.)

However, what I've noticed, is that the biggest limitations in life are the ones people place on themselves.
      You can blame environment, other people, the inhability to stop time, but why focus on these too much?
      It's actually placing more limits on yourself!

You have the control to worry about limits you want or don't want to worry about. Focusing on things that are way out of your
      control could prove detrimental to your mental health in the long run.
      Yes we do have limits, but often our own mental barriers hinder us far more than our physical ones.

You haven't had a relative die or something?
      (I know thats incredibly personal and you don't have to answer).

But after my mums death, I found myself worrying about time and being able to "make the most of my life".

Life will stop when it's meant to. We could all die tomorrow so the most important thing is to keep yourself
      happy :D and achieve your goals :)

Okay I'm going to stop now before I go on more of a tangent...
      Watch Me Play Music and Stuff: youtube.com/user/KattStrike
      <3<3<3
    • When I was younger, I used to have that terrible fear of dying. I would most of the nights actually dream about it. But that was not because I was afraid of death itself, or dying for that matter. I was scared and sad to leave everything I know to become something else. I'm not really religious person so I don't believe in heaven or hell as you might and I see all that differently. I had even thicker limit because of that. I was always afraid that I won't do everything that I want and that I won't manage to be everything I want to be. And yes it can be quite depressing. Especially when you grow up in family that's religious and worrying about reputation. No one is there to support you. But then I just decided that even if I have to die this moment I would die while doing what I love, so I will be prepared. And it worked. Even if I slept or ate I acted like it was the best thing that happened to me that day. Funny I know, but it's true :)
      Eventually I overcame that fear and now I don't feel limited any more. I will never plan ahead too much anything if I don't have to, and I never turn back to what I have already done. So practically I'm hoping to live forever lol so far so good as they say ;). My parents hate it but I became agnostic, I listen to hard rock and metal, I ignore what I think is wrong, I draw disgusting things if I like it, study Criminal sciences...And life really got better as long as you accept that you can do everything alone. Right people come around eventually.
      Do what you want to do, love who you want to love, and don't give a shit what people say, as long as you're happy. Take care :D
      On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
    • Limits are a challenge. If the butterfly was assisted from the cocoon or the chick from its egg, guess what? It withers and dies. The environment provides but does not always nurture.
      The challenge for me was getting my thoughts, feelings, and dreams to sync up with my actions. I wanted to face fears. I made it a mission to accept fear but not let it stop me.
      Frustration goes hand in hand with fear. So throw it in the cart. We gotta deal with it too. Life must be contrasting. You can not have light without darkness and same goes for the reversal. You can't have good without bad, and happiness without sad, you just can't. It's a roller coaster.

As for the meaning of life... Time is relative. Not all things happen at the same time, they pan out. Like a good song, book, or movie. They build and express themselves. If a great song did everything it was going to do in a split second, it was just be a mess and it would be over before you knew it. What a drag that would be.

The best advice I can give is accept everything. Go with the flow. Live in the present, for the future you desire. When things get hard. Don't forget to breathe and think.
      I've found through experience of meeting intelligent driven successful people, that they are patient as hell, but they also seize the moment. Get in the zoooone.

Also... get some sleep.
      “It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it.”
      -John Steinbeck

Lastly... for anyone thinking humans are a problem. Remember this, just like the apple tree sprouts apples. The earth sprouted people. We are a part, not visitors.

Peace peace peace.
      May we not lose our breath during times we wish to endure.
    • For me the only limit I have is the time I have left in this world. I know how arrogant that sounds but hear me out. Life for me isn't about how to deal with my problems, my challenges, my hardships. It is about how to overcome them, how to move forward and grow from all these things that bring me down. I do this so I can better know myself, to know others to the best of my ability. To gain experience and wisdom from these things so that if it happens again I'll know what to do and how to make it right and for me most importantly to do the next right thing. Through this method for me living life I don't feel like I have limits. I know there are some things I can and cannot do but it can't stop me from trying can it? There are some very sweet and sour things in this world which I love and hate. But it is only through experimenting that I realize what I do and don't like. This applies to everything. From people to inanimate objects. From books to Video Games.

Hardships, challenges and limits. The emotions, feelings and thoughts that go with it. They are the most important thing for us human beings to experience. If we live an easy life with no struggle, no limitations then who are we really? What kind of person would we be? It is what makes us human.

So yeah, those are my thoughts :)
    • We all have those moment where we start a think train and we end up asking the same questions over and over again

"Why am I here" "Why are we all here"

"What if......but what if......if I just......"

Wev all been there at one stage

The closest thing we can do to breaking our mental limits is to step outside your comfort zone

Thats when life begins, the minute you step outside your comfort zone
    • Honestly "life" is just a series of problems and challenges thrown at you every day, even more so when love gets in the way, and yes it will limit you, however this is how I think of it.
      No matter what situation I get in with all limits in consideration, make the most of it, life isn't long enough to wonder how to remove these limits, live each situation to the full and enjoy what you have, and maybe with each situation, remove one limit at a time so you can broaden your horizons sooner, and farther :) life begins when you are born, but living begins when you want to :)
      To me the sooner we start "living" the better, that's just my view anyway :)
      Live life to the full and if you can get love in there, embrace every moment of it
      "Life is too short to spend it moping around, so sit back and enjoy the ride"

• Yeah you're right I did thinking about that (Who not?)
      But mostly I get depressed when I think about it xD
      Well people on Tumblr see me feelings :3 I don't have anyone to talk about it. But I think it would help a bit^_^

To the "Life is limited" think I have to say that I'm going to enjoy my life and make a list (Do you guys know the movie "The bucket list"? Awesome movie!) with things I really want to do before I go :)
      Don't change for anyone.
    • I recently changed my mind about the saying "Life is like a roller coaster". I agree with the ups and down things but give this a thought: We are on this ride with no idea how we got here or why we're here or where the destination is. We either don't want the ride to end cause we're enjoying it or we want it to end sooner cause the ups and downs are too scary. Jumping off is obviously not the answer so all we can do is enjoy it to the max cause if we spend our time worrying we'll miss out on the ride...
    • I think that life is what we make of it. There aren't any two people in the world with the exact same thinking of life (or at least, that's what I think. Thinkception!) but for me, what matters is how we live life, and how we view it. For me, it's a rather beautiful thing, too beautiful for me to even thing about the 'problems' in it. c:
    • Honestly, the best Way to deal with insecurities in Life is to not think about them and move on, and trust me: I can say this from my own experience.

It took me long me a long Time to realize this (4 Years in Fact), but here is my Ultimate Advice:

Stop caring about what could be, and start doing what should be!
      Brofist from Germany :brofist:
    • Life is not fair.

There must be things that is not happening the way we want, but life goes on doesn't it? There is always something nice around the corner. I was once depressed cause I think in a very negative way. I feel like everything is not fair and it shouldn't be like this. Sometimes you just have to step back and take a look at what you have. I am learning to be grateful for what I have as well, but I am sure this is making things better.

Cheer up and keep moving forward! :brofist:
      Life is not fair, and that's the reason to work hard. :thumbsup: :brofist:
    • I don't believe that there is such a thing as 'limits'. Sure we can currently only run a certain speed, and jump a certain height, but over time with more training we can go further and higher. I tend to approach the idea of limits as I do fears. It is only what we think as our limitations that truly limit us in what we can do.

We've gone from being Neanderthals, having lived in caves, to being the greatest (yet worst) form of life. We have constantly gone past the points in which we have previously limited ourselves to. We've even traveled to the moon! And if you think age limits us, then look at my Basic Theory of Age: Basic Theory of Age by Fraser Coops | Werdsmith
      Mozart and others like him still live on through their works, and some even continue those works and make them better.

In the end, the limits you think of are only in your mind, and not in reality.

“The garden of the world has no limits, except in your mind.” ― Rumi

(May be a little bit weird, but I don't care :) )