Recording with facecam...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Recording with facecam...

Hello guys, whats up :)

I have one question. How can i record videos with facecam on them with fraps... I know that i can record the camera from my camera software, but i'm bad at timing and then my videos sucks... I saw something but i don't remember now, some software just opens the camera and its showed in the screen... You place it in some corner and then fraps is recording the camera also... Can you help me ? If you don't know that software please tell me something useful like that.

I'm looking forward to find answers for it!
    Thanks
    -Filip
    Hello! I'm just a guy who loves making videos for youtube!
  • Fraps: recording game
    Windows movie maker: Pretty solid for recording your face
    Audacity: recording your voice and you can fix some minor problems with the quality

You'll need to start with windows movie maker and sign when you start recording with the other so that you could do the thing in the next, final step:
    Sony vegas: In Sony Vegas put all of them in and sync the 3 things you've recorded.

Of course this is the simplest solution, meaning there are tons of other ways to do these and some might be harder but will have a greater outcome.
    Edit: But honestly facecam is not needed for it except if face reaction is essential for entertaining in cases like playing "scary" games.
    <--- Oh, you hate me son?
  • Bundyclan wrote:

Fraps: recording game
    Windows movie maker: Pretty solid for recording your face
    Audacity: recording your voice and you can fix some minor problems with the quality

You'll need to start with windows movie maker and sign when you start recording with the other so that you could do the thing in the next, final step:
    Sony vegas: In Sony Vegas put all of them in and sync the 3 things you've recorded.

Of course this is the simplest solution, meaning there are tons of other ways to do these and some might be harder but will have a greater outcome.
    Edit: But honestly facecam is not needed for it except if face reaction is essential for entertaining in cases like playing "scary" games.
    For recording with two or more software's you need to be perfect at timing... I always fail at that.
    Hello! I'm just a guy who loves making videos for youtube!
  • Thus the reason I said " Sign yourself in the video" so that you could sync them and then cut it.
    Okay an example:
    1.layer-Starting webcam at 00:00
    2.layer-Saying in the webcam " Recording voice NOW" 00:05
    3.layer-Repeat the same for Fraps in game 0:25
    In Vegas you just simply sync the 2nd and 3rd layer to the first and since you have started webcam first and gave a sign to your-future self you can easily sync them. And then cut the first 25 seconds which is only for helping yourself out.
    If you can't do that, choose another hobby, no offense.
    <--- Oh, you hate me son?
  • There are certain visual cues with synching that you can do to better sync them. What I do is say there is a color change in the game, then in the facecam you should be able to see on your face a small change, and that's your cue to sync it. It takes some practice but it's a useful skill to have.
    YouTube Channel:

Live life like you're gonna die in the next 3 seconds.