Why did you start video production?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Why did you start video production?

A pretty simple question with most likely an elaborate answer, I'm keen to know what got you into recording yourself and publishing it online?

Someone inspired you? You just wanted to share stuff? You had people who were interested in watching you play? Where are the roots and origins to what you do.

I first started around 8 months or so and made 2 videos, detailing some Total War games because I had a ambition to become a shout caster for various games. I lost interest quickly, found it wasn't for me and getting into it was quite difficult - I didn't think I'd fit the description.

I took a break, 8 months later I was still playing video games, had no idea what to do after leaving college and just decided to start recording informational videos about First Impressions and Reviewing. It was mostly to show a few friends exactly what they were missing by not owning gaming PC's but I thought I could garner an audience around it.

So, how did you start?
    • I don't even know. Something hit me in my head :D Sounds weird, right? But it's quite true.

I saw PewDiePie, Markiplier, Tobuscus etc. gameplays that really inspired me. Especially Markiplier. Later I found newbie channels and I though, why not? They are in the same situation as those great channels were. Maybe I can try and make videos by myself.

• I've always liked the idea of recording gameplay with mates, I figured if I had fun playing games with mates and doing stupid things so would others.

I also love movie and game reviews, it's something I'm trying to do and can now appreciate the amount of time and effort many people put into them.

I also have lots of free time and see this as a fun hobby. I know at first I tried to go for views and likes etc, doing all the normal shit everyone new does. It just made me burnt out and not really enjoy what I was doing. Now I try to play games for fun the way I like them
      I wove you...

Oh what YOUTUBE ATTACK!
    • I started videos because of Pewdiepie and Tobuscus! They inspired me to make funny videos and when I started, I barely got any views! It didn't stop me from keep going on! I started playing more lets plays and at least 2 videos out everyday and I was happy, I was starting to get views and good tips from people to help me!

I now just got my computer back and im starting more videos again and customizing almost everything in my videos and youtube, its a lot of work but very fun to do!

Symmetry is Everything ~Death the Kid
    • I've been away from this forum for no good reason. (Sorry 'bout that)
      Well I had friends who did let's plays and I thought to my self: Why not, I started getting better gear for let's plays and here I am! :D
      Amnesia Custom Stories , Home, Dead Space, Amnesia: Machine for pigs. :love:
      Silly/Weird/Scary Moments Montage!
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T56PqxhzkqM&list=UU2_yBml3EPqXV3ml_TmFQhA&index=1[/youtube]

Silly/Weird/Scary Moments Montage #2
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd9_kZGf-3s[/youtube]
    • I was supposed to write my thesis, so naturally I thought of other things to do. I've always loved gaming, and been a fan of many gaming channels so I decided to try my hand at making my own.

Had a rocky beginning with a crap mic and such, but I think it's getting better!
      I play games on the YouTubes: youtube.com/user/ManChildKart

Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Baldur's Gate, Shadowrun Returns and more!
    • I was inspired by YouTubers to not be afraid of putting myself out there. I almost quit a couple times from people attacking me, but I just looked at them(YouTubers) and saw how they could see past that. I've always loved art and entertaining people.
      YOUTUBE CHANNEL
      Weekly Comedy Skit & Impressionist YouTuber - Check out my channel YouTube.com/MikeySmithTV

The post was edited 1 time, last by MikeyBro ().

• Ever since I was just a little kid, I have always wanted to be an entertainer. Whenever I played games, I'd put all my plushies on boxes etc, creating some kind of cinema, so they could watch me play games. Fast-forward a few years, and you have 13-year old me recording stuff in GTA: San Andreas with a friend, pre-pubescent Dutch commentary and all of that on a crappy mobile phone camera. Fast-forward some more years, and there you have 18-year old me, watching let's plays on Youtube and deciding that this time, I'm going to do it well. Third time's a charm. Ever since that, I've been making videos, hoping to make people smile, and being really happy when someone comments that I indeed made them smile.
      Fast speaking Dutchman who enjoys talking to his computer screen in an
      attempt to entertain people. Slightly insane, completely awesome.

If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.

Keep your hopes up high and your head down low.
    • I'd spent a few years writing reviews and articles before I considered the videos, but I generally got annoyed at the amount of videos purely based around bashing games and I wanted to do something more positive and constructive... so I made a top 10 video for another site which got a few thousand views and I though I'd try making my own channel... 9 months, 250 subs and 100 videos later and I'm loving every second

^My game/film documentary/review series... check it out!