Can I ask you professional opinion? :D

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Can I ask you professional opinion? :D

Hi guys this is my first time in this website!!, Im so proud to be a bro and watch a lot of videos by PewDiePie...
    I wanted to make a "let's play" myself, here are my specs:
    Processor: Pentium Dual core Cpu: 2.5 GHZ E5200
    Memory: DDR2 Ram 2GB
    GPU: Nvidia G210
    Headset: A genius brand cheapie

I know bros that i have a wood pc. Its actually an office computer that i managed to upgrade, it actually came with a integrated graphics adapter. Im just a student so i cant afford expensive hardware.
    Although I love 2D games like Ao Oni and super meat boy.
    My question is what kind of video editing software should i use with my PC that has low memory?
    Thanks for reading ! ^^
    Im Bluessues and I play the Blues!!

Here is my Youtube channel!!:http://www.youtube.com/user/Bluessues
  • Bluessues wrote:

Ohhh... guess ill give Bandicam a try :D
    The only thing I dont like about Fraps is that when I recorded a 1 and a half minute video of Slender: Hospice, It took about 1+GB in my hard drive.
    Does Bandicam consume lots of space for videos?
    The video size of Bandicam is way smaller than FRAPS.
    You can set the quality of the video in Bandicam.
    Example:
    I recorded an 8 minutes video, and the size is only around 1.4GB.
    Then, I lower the quality, and recorded an 11 minutes video, and the size is only around 600 MB.

Formerly: Raven

YouTube Twitter Steam
  • If you would upgrade your RAM you should also upgrade your CPU to an Intel core i3 (minimum) for FRAPS and games ... :)

And for this:
    The only thing I dont like about Fraps is that when I recorded a 1 and a half minute video of Slender: Hospice, It took about 1+GB in my hard drive.

Then you have to render your video :p (I do it with Windows Live Movie maker)
  • He doesn't need RAM.I had a computer with 1GB and it was fine,no lag in game or in video.
    Though,for me on this pc,if I set it to 30 FPS it will lag.60 FPS is better
    Work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder
    Make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better
    Do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster
    Raise your ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ dongers
  • Well 60 fps will make the files bigger and makes the video bit smoother I guess, however nothing is wrong with 30 fps. After all when you put it up to youtube its most likely to be in 30 fps anyway. Do some test recordings and see which one you prefer.

On the side note, I would not upgrade ram for that PC. You are better off building new one.
  • Your current setup, for example your Graphics Card costs around £24 now and it's a 5 year old card. While somewhat unimportant for 2D games if you ever wanted to expand you'd need a certain upgrade, same with your processor.

If you want to invest a little bit of cash into video recording software, I'd recommend DXstory, plenty of options, reliable and fantastic compression rates with quality preservation. You'll want to do your best to record in 60 frames as possible but YouTube will quash it to 30 frames anyway. The reason you record in 60 is to preserve quality through any stress where you may dip below 30 frames.

Video Editing software, if you don't want to spend anything then you could always try Windows Movie Maker or AVS. Googling Free Editing software will warrant a bunch of results but they will most likely be trialed software. More RAM will help you render videos faster, you may take all day with 2GB's and you should certainly look to upgrade to today's upper norm of 4-6GB. This table will help you check RAM limits;

Starter: 8GB
    Home Basic: 8GB
    Home Premium: 16GB
    Professional: 192GB
    Enterprise: 192GB
    Ultimate: 192GB

Quality commentary comes depending on how much cash you throw at a headset or desktop mic. Some cheap headsets have some bad quality transmission and you'll need to clean the voice up using Audacity or other audio editing programs. If you're like me with an accent that stresses emphasis on P's and B's you'll want a anti-popper to cover the microphone.

I hope this all helps. Don't be afraid to ask anything more!
  • Bluessues wrote:

Is piracy tolerated in "lets playing"?

Lets put it this way, if you want to become big dont even think about trying to getting stuff pirated. Later down the line copyright will mess you up.
    The only differense is lets say if you have really old game that simply isnt available for you to get or you cant get it to work in format you want, then it should be fine.
    Pewdiepies conkers bad fur day for example was emulated for possibly following reasons:

- The game is not available anywhere to be bought
    - Recording original Xbox just wouldnt work with his setup
    - He already has the game on xbox and he could record it on xbox, but it would be easier and better to record on emulator.
  • You can find a lot of free games on IndieDB. A lot of indie creators upload their games here in early alpha or beta stage, so it's quite interesting to report the bugs that you may encounter while playing, and you can make suggestions directly to them.
    Have you seen a tea party taken to a whole
    new level? Well my tea party features the usual stuff (tea, cake,
    pastries...) mixed with video games, monsters, ghosts, blood and lots of
    screams and giggles.

Don't be shy and join the party, there's room for everyone! Here's the path to
    Rose Reaper's Geek Tea Party.
  • That is really a wood PC,
    Fraps does use up some RAM though so I recommend you get atleast 4GB.
    Your video card is however very much out of date, so to say, but I'm afraid your motherboard wont fit the newest video cards, which is a huge problem, but I guess it's fine for games like Ao Oni, and other RPGMaker(ish) games.

To solve your problem for 3D games though, you'll need to save up some.
    If you're interested, here's what you'll probably need:
    Display Spoiler

- A new motherboard that fits today's decent video cards
    At least 4GB of DDR3 RAM
    At least an intel i3 dual core processor

- Maybe a new Case, depends on the size of your current one

- A new video card
    Now, a video card doesn't have to be expensive
    The Radeon 7750 is a decent gfx/videocard and costs 'only' 98$

- Some RAM
    Generic RAM can be found almost anywhere (Newegg, amazon)
    and is pretty cheap

- At least an intel i3 Sandy Bridge cpu or higher
    This will probably be the most expensive part

- A new PSU ( Power Supply )
    Prices vary from 40$ for a simple PSU to ~200$ for a very high quality and wattage one.

And if you're not interested in spending a lot of money you could always buy the 'latest' video card that fits on your motherboard, which will probably be around a price of 50$.

Overall with a little more RAM I think you're ready to go, but if you decide to use Fraps or Bandicam, don't instantly purchase, try them out, and I recommend you DO NOT use dxtory as this uses more RAM and requires a good hard-drive.

Thanks for reading, and have a nice day!
    *INSERT BROFIST*

-Arena
    Brofist.

-Arena
  • The only thing I dont like about Fraps is that when I recorded a 1 and a half minute video of Slender: Hospice, It took about 1+GB in my hard drive.

If you have your resolution on Full-Size you will probably get 1080p or higher, putting it on half-size will lower your quality but also significantly lower the file size of recordings, you will be probably left with a resolution of 720p.

-Arena
    Brofist.

-Arena