Why you live?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Helping people, and seeing them happier than when you first met them!

My girlfriend has a lot of problems and has been abused in the past, has anorexia and self harms.. Since I've first met her we've been slowly but surely making her happier and stopping her self harming..

It's taken a long time, and it'll take a long time still, but seeing someones face light up and knowing that you've improved their life just a little bit is the best feeling in the world. Seeing someone smile with unprecedented joy is a feeling like no other, and it definitely helps me to get through life!
      A smile a day, keeps sadness away!

Come and have a good ol' cuppa with me... You know you want to ...
    • I live day by day because most of the time I'm just too stubborn to give up :P. And sometimes you enjoy it, sometimes you don't, but it always goes forward I guess ;)
      On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
    • I live because life is an unpredictable game my dear Watson.
      If we knew how and what cards we were going to be dealt, or knew how the chess game was going to end. Then we would most likely Opt out.
      That applies to a tragic life and an over easy one as well. Things would get stale and boring either way.
      The contrast and the variety make up the spices of life.

I can't say, that every moment of life is a wonder, but not every moment is a drag either. I can pretty much say that it was mostly unpredictable. It changes on a dime and that is what excites me. As for what keeps me going? I can't say. There's no way to be in too much control. I'm not interested to be honest. I don't like to pretend that I'll be here long, because of the fact that we can't know.

So I just keep breathing, keep my eyes open(Never blink again.=P), and Adventure on!
      May we not lose our breath during times we wish to endure.
    • SneekySnake wrote:

For those of you that may have problem finding a reason to stay alive, here is a pretty damn good answer.
      I really liked that post, even though I have heard the "You are Unique" bit hundreds of times.

The thing is, I really hate feeling the way I do most days. Depression is like a terrible terrible virus that slowly just devours your brain till you literally feel nothing. I have been diagnosed with it for almost 3 years now, and I have to say it has only gotten worse. The reasons? Money and terrible relationships. Their is very few people out there that would disagree with me about stressing over money. My troubles seem to have gotten so bad, I finally caved in to go talk to someone in hopes to maybe fix some of the things that trouble me. I know it won't go away completely until I finally conquer that trouble of money, which isn't any time soon.

But enough rambling, onto what keeps me alive. Honestly, it's family and good friends above all else. I try not to act like a completely troubled buffoon around all of them, and it's good to see I can give them a smile or a laugh while we talk. Just knowing I have some sort of affect on a their day keeps me getting up every morning.

I just hope someday I will get up and actually smile myself. Till that day, bro-hugs/fists to all that have had the courage to open up and tell what bothers them and what keeps them going. That alone is a very hard step.
    • every single day has its reasons to wake up, my fiance is a reason to get out of bed, also to do stuff because i want her to be proud of me, i want to earn money so i can take care of her and maybe a child in the future, i don't care much about myself, but i really want her to have the best life she could get, and if i am the person that can make her life better, that sure is a reason to do what i do.
      If you have some spare time, make me happy and have a look:
      youtube.com/user/nolife2own

always willing to help out, just ask ;)
    • Nolife2own wrote:

every single day has its reasons to wake up, my fiance is a reason to get out of bed, also to do stuff because i want her to be proud of me, i want to earn money so i can take care of her and maybe a child in the future, i don't care much about myself, but i really want her to have the best life she could get, and if i am the person that can make her life better, that sure is a reason to do what i do.

;( ...keep it up man, keep it up
      On the outside I may appear like an emotionless sarcastic piece of shit, but just like an onion, when you peel off more layers, you find the exact same thing every single time and you start crying.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!