Are you still you?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• No, I most certainly am not the same person I was when I was a kid. Life will change you, sometimes for good, sometimes not. I'd like to think the events of my past helped me become the honest true person I am now. I had many troubles growing up, personality disorders pushed many of my close friends away and I was bullied for many years. I hid in my own shell for a while with games being my only escape from reality. I eventually got sick of it all and started to stand up for myself and stood my ground, no matter how hard I was pushed. The events of my past only made me stronger. I no longer shy away from others, I now eagerly forge my own path and controls who comes into my life. There is nothing wrong with change, we wouldn't be human otherwise.

It is best to have failure happen early in life. It awakens the phoenix in you so you can create a new life for yourself from the ashes
      "From childhood's hour, I have not been as others were
      I have not seen as other have" - Edgar Allen Poe, "Alone"

(>^_^(vO_o)> Surprise Butt Sex

Phoenix Flames Plays

FaceBook
    • when i was a kid i was constantly on fights or just screwing things up and everyone always kept lying to me and bullyied me, i got home full of bruises and very damaged physically and mentally the teachers even wanted to put me in boy's school or in a asylum, but i changed to another class and teacher and after i got to the new school and i am today in my final year of school, i learned to respect the others, to be gentle and nice.
      Also seing a lot of animes helped me improving my personality therefore i have a huge respect for girls and i have and instint of protection towards them.
      Also one more thing when i was a kid i was affraid of fights and now i am not i only fight to protect what i love and frienship

See my channel if you speak English, ignore the other language videos
      youtube.com/FTRGameplays
    • Well,
      I have changed myself. I was abit squeaky and annoying much which clearly lost half of my friends but then I just started to not give a fuck for the fact I'm Anti Social. I've been such an ass hole to people lately, I mean is it my fault I changed and felt like "you" aren't part of my time anymore? Alot of people will change eventually and then you will adapt to it.
    • LeeoryHarold wrote:

MikeyBro wrote:

I feel like I keep changing the more I learn and experience! 8|
      I am going to puke from the headache.
      How can you learn experience from talking to yourself ... ?(

I confuse myself too bro 8|

But I'll give an example:D When I was in high school I was afraid to speak up in groups. Had terrible anxiety! So through experience of talking to people on video games I started getting more comfortable with talking in front of people in real life.
      YOUTUBE CHANNEL
      Weekly Comedy Skit & Impressionist YouTuber - Check out my channel YouTube.com/MikeySmithTV
    • I am not the kid who I was when I was younger, yet I am still 100% myself. People change throughout their lives, that is completely natural.
      I am who I am, and if people like me, that's great. If they don't, then that's unfortunate, but I won't change just because some people want me to be different.
      Luckily though, I was raised to treat everyone with dignity and respect, and that attitude is something that will (hopefully) always be a part of me.
      Fast speaking Dutchman who enjoys talking to his computer screen in an
      attempt to entertain people. Slightly insane, completely awesome.

If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.

Keep your hopes up high and your head down low.
    • MikeyBro wrote:

LeeoryHarold wrote:

MikeyBro wrote:

I feel like I keep changing the more I learn and experience! 8|
      I am going to puke from the headache.
      How can you learn experience from talking to yourself ... ?(

I confuse myself too bro 8|

But I'll give an example:D When I was in high school I was afraid to speak up in groups. Had terrible anxiety! So through experience of talking to people on video games I started getting more comfortable with talking in front of people in real life.
      Still going to puke.
    • I used to be incredibly shy and very stressed about everything. I guess you could say I was an insanely heavy thinker and I just worried way too much about the future and things. I was also very indifferent to the problems of people around me. In a way I was in shutdown mode for most of my life and just used to think to myself a lot when out with family, friends or just doing anything. It wasn't healthy.

Not only that but I never had many friends to begin with because I kept to myself so much. Most of my life has been focused on been the best I can be professionally and so I shut people out to forward my career too. Upon embracing the web and opening my channel I was rather shocked and amazed at how many people cared and had something nice, or interesting to say about games, or the channel. It just opened my eyes a littl.e

When I started my channel I was basically at that state but over the course of making videos I opened myself up and accepted my talents. I have been able to turn my confidense into overdrive as most of the people on this forum know.

Now you can't shut me up! NEVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!
      There is always time for muffins.
    • No. I'm not. I won't get into it, and I won't give a sob story, but I've changed. Not sure yet if it's for the best, or for the worst. A certain relationship kinda knocked me around my beliefs. I used to not hate anyone. Now I hate someone. Which I never thought I would, I'm usually forgiving, after some time passes. I used to be a writer, and have hopes for that. Not anymore. My writing blows. Hearing that it was good from this person was probably lies, just like all else. So I quit writing. I also don't like having friends. I don't even like telling people my name, now. Names are for remembering, and I don't want to be remembered. Right before graduation, I was diagnosed with anxiety and insomnia. Nightmares, about many things. I'm still anti-violent, as always. Which I'm glad. I used to be religious, but I turned atheist about a year or two ago. I'm a science man. Haha. Well, I hope this was worth reading, and gave some insight to how I am right now.
    • I changed for worse, of that I'm sure. My dear parents point it out to me every time. I used to be very friendly, open and happy child. Then I was getting bullied by kids from neighbourhood who unfortunately were also going to the same school as me. I started to be suspicious and overly careful towards people. I started swearing and learned to be aggressive. Now I can't fight it - I can get mad very easily and then I keep saying shit I don't even mean in a way that really hurts other people. Only few weeks ago I started to acknowledge how many people I could have destroyed with just one sentence. And that's not the end of it - I can phisically hurt someone when I'm startled. Few days ago my mother grabbed my leg to wake me up and I almost kicked her in the face with all my might. Fortunately she managed to dodge, but it was really close.
      I don't like the person I am - a liar, idler and aggressor. People run away from me. I rarely show my feelings except for rage. I'm not affectionate. I don't talk about my life and people don't know me, so this is another reason they don't want to have anything to do with me.
    • It's quite a long debate, what does it mean to be you 'n' all that..

To cut long story short, I change a lot and not over the course of years, but sometimes it's a matter of days. What I know is that I am my actions, I am what I'm doing and what I'm thinking and to be honest, I don't think there's someone who can say that he/she didn't change his/her way of thinking or acting over time. Guess change is normal, innit?
    • When I was young, I loved pokémon, these days, I still love pokémon. I am the same! :3
      Hello :3
      " I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
      '' We do have a lot in common. The same air, the same Earth, the same sky. Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of always looking at what's different... Well, who knows? '' - Meowth
      YouTube - youtube.com/user/SirBolls