Should I buy PS3 or PS4?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Should I buy PS3 or PS4?

Hey there,

I don't know if there is a thread like this, because I'm quite new to this website.

So, the question is: Should I buy Playstation 3 or should I wait for PS4? One of my friends should pay his debts to me next week, which is quite substantial sum. After this I can afford some games and PS.

PS3 have a loads of games, but I don't know if PS4 going to play PS3 games.

So, my desicion is in your hands :)

• I prefer PS4 (derived from this answer on the site I saw :3

Display Spoiler
    Once Again, Here are the reasons PS4 will be better then PS3..

On Sony's PS4, you will have the following:

* move-level motion controls integrated into your controller

* a headset jack integrated into your controller

* a new input pad that allows hand gestures (for scrolling, zooming in/out, swiping, double tapping, and other related actions we've gotten used to)

* a constant recording of your previous 5-10 minutes of gameplay.

* the option to livestream your game without uploading anything or doing anything.

* the option to connect as a controller to a friend's console, to help him with a game or join him on a game that doesn't normally support online co-op, including the option to take over his controller slot and help him with a game segment.

* Cross game voice chat.

* the ability to instantly put the console into sleep mode from any state, and instantly bring it back and continue your game from where you left off.

* Vastly superior online interface due to better built in applications and services not possible on PS3.

* the ability to stream any PS4 game to your Vita and play the game using the Vita's screen and be able to control it fully.

*PS4 will used Gaikai for instant demos support without downloading them from the store. You will also be able to Rent Games before you buy them on PS4..

* Gaikai support for playing full games while they are downloading.

Gaikai promises within over time. you will play every game from PS1,PS2,PS3,PS4

* better support for porting graphical engines and game engines designed for PC due to the more streamlined PC architecture.

* support for 4K video output for media purposes.

* Vastly superior web browsing and media streaming.

* Vastly superior loading times, vastly superior graphics, vastly superior storage (according to Sony)

* Built in speaker on the controller

* Continue downloads when console is in power save mode (does not need to fully turn on as the PS3 does for auto-downloads via PS+)These are just things we know of, there're probably quite a few things we don't know of. Again more will be reveal later this Summer...

• Lexilator wrote:

Depends. From now on I would have to consider what exclusives does a console feature before buying it. Since it's quite possible that PS4 has The Last of Us 2, then buy that instead. We already saw how good was the first one.
    What are you talking about? That game came out in June, and PS4 is going for a 2013 holiday release, I'm pretty sure there is no "The Last of Us 2." It would take so much more time to make a game.
  • Bro, i suggest to you buy ps4, because when ps4 come out, the publishers will stop making games for the ps3, because everone will move to the next gen consoles, and you saw the specs of the ps4 it is really strong (stronger the xbox by a really little, if you will check it up :) ), but i dont like the idea that multyplayer cost money, well ps4 have its benefits
    Check out my new youtube gaming channel

Subscribers count 1100/2000, see you there
    goo.gl/PksE0p
  • ...Personally I'd hang fire until the PS4 comes out (Which is what I'm currently doing) But its up to you, on how much you actually want a PS3
    I don't think PS3 Disk based games are going to be backward compatible, but i hear they're introducing a streaming service in 2014 where you can play PS1, 2 & 3 games (probably for a small fee) But Don't quote me on that

WANT TO HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN A COPY OF GUNS OF ICARUS ONLINE? - ENTER MY GIVEAWAY
    CURRENT SUBS (20th Sept 2013) - 154 :D
  • hmm,i can't really say,since you can't play PS3 game disc in PS4 but you can stream,unless you want play PS3 game streaming and want to play PS4 games too,you should get PS4 then. But if you don't want to stream,i think it's better to get both. if that's the case,start with PS3 first then PS4.
    Welcome back to your own world of Video Games,where Video Games are your teachers,when you are ready to get to training with your teachers,please run a game you would like to train in and get to training!

oh and remember that you don't train Video Games,Video Games train you to be a great player! :D
  • Lordjas1213 wrote:

hmm,i can't really say,since you can't play PS3 game disc in PS4 but you can stream,unless you want play PS3 game streaming and want to play PS4 games too,you should get PS4 then. But if you don't want to stream,i think it's better to get both. if that's the case,start with PS3 first then PS4.
    Hey and thanks for your reply,

I'm about to stream of course. And I'm not that rich to buy both. I'm just a student. =)

• Long story short

Well, without getting into a bunch of explaining, you should absolutely buy the PS4. It has better graphics, faster processing, etc. Just because it doesn't have a lot of games, doesn't mean you shouldn't buy it. The key point is: it doesn't have a lot of games NOW. This console will last you a pretty long time, but, the PS3 might be gone in a couple years.
    Call me Green :3