PewDiePie then and now

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• edeepiexo wrote:

Seems like everyone is turning against pewds.
      People just need to calm down and be appreciative that pewds even makes videos
      just stop complaining for once

This wasnt ment to offend anyone im just trying to make a point
      Yes. We very much appreciate his time on making videos that we enjoy. But bros on the thread think about the older times and when he was more quiet and startled. Some of us just want to know about the humor changes that have occur over time with him. Pewdiepie does not want us to sit there and keep are opinions about changing a few things to ourselves. He wants us to enjoy videos but at the same time enjoy it himself. So why not give him little things that we don't like? Not everything is perfect and the bros just are saying that the humor has become constant in every video.

To sum it all up for you;

Opinions are required for Pewds to make his subs happy. We love pewds, and his videos too. But some of us want to share opinion for him to know.
    • ;( Truly his old content used to bring me back for more, as If I was hungry FOR HIS content. I would watch his Amnesia videos when he wasn't very big (around 100k views) [I am comparing his old views to now] and his current videos don't really bring me back to watch him more. Its just like watching a video and done with it. I mean I still enjoy him but I'am not enjoying it the same way I used to enjoy him.

:D He's still awesome though so *BROFIST* :D
    • About the swearing, younger kids think it's funny, because it's something they aren't allowed to do and it's kind of the equivalent of a kindergarden class all laughing because a kid said poop or something. They probably don't hear it a lot. My dad swore all the time though so it doesn't really hit me, and at 15 I have sort of matured a little I guess, but imo a man doesn't fully mature until like 40.

(that was a joke)
      "Blink 182 was never punk, they were just rich kids from LA."

soundcloud.com/marshall-heim
    • I don't know. I guess I'm just one of those people that likes PewDiePie for the way that he is. Then and now. So people change...who cares? I know I don't have the same sense of humor that I did when I was younger. I watch many differnt online gaming commentaries because it's intresting to see how they will play the game. Pewds appeals to my crazier, random sense of humor. CryaoticMonki appeals to my sarcastic, witty sense of humor, and CinnamonToastKen appeals to my quirky, (and sometimes) perverted sense of humor...among others. I guess what I'm saying is that I just appreciate pewds as a person. I don't care how funny he is or isn't.
    • zeta wrote:

Yes, Pewds swears quite a lot, but it is hard to hold swearing. For example, I swear a lot and I just can't hold it, even in the videos.

Especially when your fan-base is filled with little kids that usually have little to no clue of what he's actually saying -_-.

Nice to know there will always be 11 year old scrubs telling me to go Fuck myself.

Edit, why the hell do you have to go through a fucking captcha to post?

• Profanity/Swearing/Cursing, whatever you're flavor will be a common occurring thing now days. It's all about context really, swearing in some videos could represent complete frustration and it's funny, doing it once or twice could signify some passion.

Over-doing can ruin your video, I think the only time swearing in abundance is acceptable is when playing Cat Mario. Younger teens will take it out of context of course and use it as an excuse but people -do- grow out of it, I think :P
    • I absolutley love PewDiePie, so I think it's appropriate to give my honest opinion on why Pewds changed so much in the last two years. In 2011/2012 Felix just wanted to make his viewers laugh harder than they did before so he upped the ante and he used his silly voices and said very inapropriate jokes like the rape jokes and the gay jokes. Notice how he curses a lot in Swedish, he never really used to do that. And how in games like The Last Of Us and The Walking Dead, he takes it more seriously than he did in the To The Moon playthrough, so he definitley "matured" a bit.

IMHO, the Retsupurae incident changed him. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but before that happened, he seemed much more silly and immature. And I'm also not saying the he let Slowbeef and Diabetus bully him into changing, but I think that he decided it was time to drop the rape jokes. But I still hate how every time I counteract the hater's stupid arguments about how much of a horrible person Pewds is with facts and evidence that he's a good person who honestly cares about his friends, the BroArmy, the less fortunate, and chief among them Marzia Bisognin, they find ANOTHER reason to hate him. Hell, they even claimed that PewDiePie ABUSES Marzia! What an unfuckingbelieveable thing to say! Trust me, Marzia is a smart girl, she'd leave Pewdie's ass if there was even any POSSIBILITY that Felix was doing the things that the haters say he does to her.
    • I don't care for pewds saying fahk, or shit once in a while, but it's going too crazy now, pewds, if You're reading this, we're asking you to calm down the cursing a bit, and indeed his sense of humor has changed, and I find it less funny than back in the Amnesia days.

Brofist.

-Arena
      Brofist.

-Arena
    • Kahisys wrote:

It's very simple : Pewds adapted himself to his growing community (= average viewer age lowering), and sadly that's why most of his older subscribers are disappointed by now.
      This is most definitely true. Especially since I was watching one of his videos during Fourth of July and my 5 year old cousin Jack came up to me and asked, "Is that PewdiePie?!" He watches all of Pewd's videos, and I just don't know how I feel about it. At first I thought it was pretty awesome that I found such a little bro, especially in the family, but he's just so young. I dunno. I still enjoy his videos, but some of the new ones lately have been kind of...sub-par. Especially the simulator one he just posted...I feel like he has his videos only directed towards little kids who are going to love a toilet farting simulator. Meh. What can you do? Tobuscus kinda went in the same direction. (to which I found out my little cousin watches him as well, so that makes sense...) I just hope pewds dosen't completely change.
    • Five years old is a little young for PewDiePie. I'd say that the earliest age for a Bro should be 12 because they're old enough to get the penis/rape humor of the older videos and young enough to be immature about it. I'm 20 and I still LOVE Pewds because I'm VERY Immature when it comes to that kind of humor and that's not a bad thing, no matter what ANYONE says
    • I mean people change and that's just human, Pewdie is still awesome though. Of course I like his older videos more... But I still enjoy watching the newer ones too. He is a great guy and always has been. As a bro I will support him even if he undergoes minor changes. I just hope it's not because he is trying too hard for everyone to enjoy, but instead because he is becoming more open.

A side note though, I don't watch him play games where the story plays a large part, too much talking and too many jokes.
    • The cursing never really bothered me but I do feel like poor pews is making different videos. Ever sense he has got in to the millions with subscribers he has been put under so much pressure to make batter and better videos that he is not able to just be himself and put who he is in his videos as much as he use to.
      Join the Bongo Crew today by clicking > here <
    • It's true he changed his style, making jokes at everything, even when there is no need of a joke.
      The problem that encourages this behaviour of his it's the fact that his keep growing and growing ( not that's a bad thing, i love to see him getting more and more subscribers ) and this is like telling pewds "Yeah bro, you're awesome the way you changed, you need to continue to be like this"
      Doing stupid things on youtube just for laughs.
      youtube.com/user/xmrbiscuitx
    • Personally, I think that PewDiePie is hilarious. It bothers me that kids pick the cursing up, but I don't blame Pewds or the kids I actually blame the parents. Parents are more than capable of keeping their children from going and looking up videos or anything that consist of swearing or anything of the sort.
      ~ Your Bro,
      Janelle <3