Blender and Unreal development kid

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• Blender and Unreal development kid

Hello bros
    I would like to ask you for help with implementing Blender models into UDK. 1st I tried exporting it with .fbx file wich UDK support, it didn´t work so I tried some other method, wich wasn´t included in Blender. But Blender didn´t include it. Do you have some advices? Please be friendly Im new with this stuff. Also sorry for my broken English and Thank you for you help
  • I use unity,and when I want to import something I move the .blend file to the assets folder.But go check the engine's website,they help.
    Work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder
    Make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better
    Do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster
    Raise your ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ dongers
  • I'm making a game using these 2 Programs aswell. Just search it on youtube, you will definetely find some stuff.

From what I know:

Export everything you need as .fbx (If it's animated, export a Rig and animations aswell)
    Then Import it into the UDK content browser MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE RIGHT BUTTONS (Static Mesh or Skeletal Mesh)
    Now u can work with it.

Sorry if I'm wrong, I'm still in the blender part of the process XD.
    Watch my Melon Self play Game Stuffs
    youtube.com/user/ElMelonAce

\Outlast Montage Up and Running :D/

Subscriber Goal: 40/50
  • Zara wrote:

The new blender doesn't support the .fbx export anymore right?

I'm using version 2.67b (the latest official binary) and it does. If "Autodesk FBX" doesn't show up in your export menu it's possible that you have the exporter disabled from the "addons" menu.