"TRYING" to be like Pewdie

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

The forums have been archived. Please read this thread for more information.

• "TRYING" to be like Pewdie

Is it just me or is this thrown about too much lately?

I mean the slightest thing you do like Pewdie and people are on your arse like flys to a piece of crap!!!

I think its a bit unfair on other youtubers since some people get crap for it even when they sound nothing like Pewdie!!
      Check me out on youtube! -HERE -

My personal blogging website -HERE -

*BROFIST* :thumbsup:
    • Ofcourse your lets plays will be influenced by Pewdiepie , therefore you will make some of the same actions and people are actually thinking that you are copying pewdiepie. you should ignore these people who are ranting though.

Although what grinds my gears is that some people impersonate pewdiepie on purpose (for like 80-100%)... making everything the same (same jokes , same intro/outro style etc. etc. etc.) mainly due to the fact that it isn't original. For those people who actually copycat Pewdie (and not like you do) , I suggest for them to actually be themselves and come with something original what makes them special or atleast different then the rest.

• To me it really depends on the extent of it. If you're whole video is a big copy of Pewdie then yeah that's kind of not cool. But if it's just a catch phrase or an action here or there I think it's kind of cool cause it's paying homage and respect to that person (Pewdie) of course from being in music for almost about 8 years now, usually whatever you do you're gonna be accused of copying something or someone
    • PPP | FlameX wrote:

Ofcourse your lets plays will be influenced by Pewdiepie , therefore you will make some of the same actions and people are actually thinking that you are copying pewdiepie. you should ignore these people who are ranting though.

Although what grinds my gears is that some people impersonate pewdiepie on purpose (for like 80-100%)... making everything the same (same jokes , same intro/outro style etc. etc. etc.) mainly due to the fact that it isn't original. For those people who actually copycat Pewdie (and not like you do) , I suggest for them to actually be themselves and come with something original what makes them special or atleast different then the rest.
      That really irritates me when people copy most of the stuff he does, the thing is though I be myself throughout my videos but then you get accused for something really stupid, I don't know how to explain it that great but even if you do the smallest thing similar to Pewdie you get some sort of pewdiePolice like "8:58 THATS WHAT PEWDIE WOULD SAY STOP CYOPyiiiiiiiiiing" although that hasn't happened to me I've seen it!!

Flamez3 wrote:

I think that only pewdie can act like himself, you won't get anywhere coping him, if they wanted to see pewdie than they would watch pewdie, that's why people get annoyed. Not because the youtuber sounds like pewdie or does a few memes pewdie made.
      Yeh definitely but I was on about when you don't even sound ANYTHING like Pewdie, and you still get accused of it, I think its a little sad that people throw it around so much..

• i watch alot of lets players like Pewdiepie, The Creatures, Ihascupquake, ImmortalHD and so on and so forth
      and i try my very hardest not to sound like them but damn is it hard, i think im doing a pretty good job not sounding like those youtubers and i havent gotten an accusation yet of ripping off another lets player but hey that is yet to come.

My youtube: youtube.com/user/LazyPeanut01
      please do watch some of my videos and sub if you like what you see :)
    • lazypeanut wrote:

i watch alot of lets players like Pewdiepie, The Creatures, Ihascupquake, ImmortalHD and so on and so forth
      and i try my very hardest not to sound like them but damn is it hard, i think im doing a pretty good job not sounding like those youtubers and i havent gotten an accusation yet of ripping off another lets player but hey that is yet to come.
      Lucky Peanut, your time will probably come!! As i was writing on here before someone commented on one of my SCP videos saying "pewdiepie wannabe?" I was like WTF *facepalm*

• jakejw93 wrote:

lazypeanut wrote:

i watch alot of lets players like Pewdiepie, The Creatures, Ihascupquake, ImmortalHD and so on and so forth
      Lucky Peanut, your time will probably come!! As i was writing on here before someone commented on one of my SCP videos saying "pewdiepie wannabe?" I was like WTF *facepalm*
      yeah but i wont let it get to me neither should any of you ;)

• lazypeanut wrote:

jakejw93 wrote:

lazypeanut wrote:

I know i know, and i just got another big comment saying I'm copying Pewdie on my montage, WHAT IS THIS CRAP haha seriously wtf :L

• jakejw93 wrote:

lazypeanut wrote:

jakejw93 wrote:

lazypeanut wrote:

I know i know, and i just got another big comment saying I'm copying Pewdie on my montage, WHAT IS THIS CRAP haha seriously wtf :L
      hmmm im in the midst of making my first montage lets see how many "Hurr durr you copying PewDiePie!!" comments ill get...

• lazypeanut wrote:

jakejw93 wrote:

lazypeanut wrote:

jakejw93 wrote:

lazypeanut wrote:

hmmm im in the midst of making my first montage lets see how many "Hurr durr you copying PewDiePie!!" comments ill get...
      Lol, as long as you expect them and don't take offense from them idiots :D

• Its sad that no matter what you do you'll get accused of copying someone :P
      I once wore a HAT and got accused of copying someone, who then persisted in having a bitch fit at me for doing so. Despite the fact I just couldn't get my hair to do what I wanted, so I put on a hat.... :|

At the end of the day, you're always gonna take inspiration from somewhere, alot of people have started lets plays because of Pewdie or other youtubers, so in a way you are copying, but the majority of people are stupid and just want to nit pick instead of enjoying.
      Words of wisdom for the day - done
      Next up - pointless rambling about pandas.
      So uh. I write
    • Vics wrote:

Its sad that no matter what you do you'll get accused of copying someone
      I once wore a HAT and got accused of copying someone, who then persisted in having a bitch fit at me for doing so. Despite the fact I just couldn't get my hair to do what I wanted, so I put on a hat....

At the end of the day, you're always gonna take inspiration from somewhere, alot of people have started lets plays because of Pewdie or other youtubers, so in a way you are copying, but the majority of people are stupid and just want to nit pick instead of enjoying.
      Words of wisdom for the day - done
      Next up - pointless rambling about pandas.

please proceed with the panda's

• I have been called a rip off of pewdiepie in my let's plays and well I play horror games,made a montage and have pewdiepie characters like mr.chair and piggeh and that's where similarities end.See I am trying to be insane (since most let's players avoid being insane) and really I don't get much hate but people who hate me seem to watch only 1 let's play video that I made

click the image above to see my channel.